'
Sponsored

Last edited:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I check mine every 1K. Definitely helps to keep the intake cleaner.

Oil from the 5.0 smells like oil. My 3.5 boost smells a lot more like fuel, not to mention that it collects quite a bit more.

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I bet that's not 57% alcohol. You should get your money back. That's 25% tops :)

Thanks for posting this, I've been thinking about getting one. Past car I'd run 26# of boost on it, so the intercooler would literally drip oil if the clamps weren't tight enough. I didn't think a N/A car would have that much.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I never believed the oil separator business, until I swapped my intake manifold and saw the oil buildup. That right there made me get a catch can. It's perfectly normal but does dilute my octane.

Sponsored

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I never believed the oil separator business, until I swapped my intake manifold and saw the oil buildup. That right there made me get a catch can. It's perfectly normal but does dilute my octane.
I think you meant it diluted your cetane - the removal of the oil into the intake actually lets the stated octane of the gasoline stay true. The oil reduces the octane causing knock.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I think you meant it diluted your cetane - the removal of the oil into the intake actually lets the stated octane of the gasoline stay true. The oil reduces the octane causing knock.
Yes.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Mine smells like fuel too.

My initial dump was around 4K miles and I had a tad bit less than yours. I also had some metal flakes after my first change and was told it was break in still. I checked it last weekend, I’m about 1200 miles since the change, and hardly any oil and no metal.

A buddy of mine likes to rag on me because the cars need the catch cans as if it’s some defect. No matter how much I try to explain why it’s like he doesn’t want to listen.
Sponsored