Sponsored

Oil residue comming from BOV adapter how to clean?

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
So I have oil coming from my BOV adapter and I think I've found the cause of all the white smoke I've been experiencing when I let off. Any ideas on how to clean the oil? or do i just let it burn off?
3.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Sponsored

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
Wipe it off and get a catch can. (UPR Dual valve and gut the PCV to end the white smoke.)
Oil blow-by isn't the greatest thing for the motor.

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Wipe it off and get a catch can. (UPR Dual valve and gut the PCV to end the white smoke.)
Oil blow-by isn't the greatest thing for the motor.
I already have a mishimoto catch can and a gutted pcv

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

TheWildman

Jazz Master
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona EcoBoost Base (PP)
You're still getting blow-by? Does the mishi have a check valve?

thabrownieviking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Performance pack 6 speed
Ditch the BOV adapter.. any turbo car I've had with an adapter on the BOV/BPV leaked oil like that. If you want the sound get an intake or get an entire BOV replacement from turbosmart, hks or Tial.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
So i have an in line check valve and im oil getting blue smoke when i let off i doubt the bov adapter is the problem i just want to clean it up and stop the smoke

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Or get the new forge bov kit!!!!

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
Ditch the BOV adapter.. any turbo car I've had with an adapter on the BOV/BPV leaked oil like that. If you want the sound get an intake or get an entire BOV replacement from turbosmart, hks or Tial.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
The adapter is a piece of aluminum and is not even close to the issue... it's the blow by thats going to be evident in any bov setup and it's the blow by that needs to be taken care of. Run a upr (most people swear by) or just vent to atmosphere, wipe down and let the rest burn off.

OP
OP

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
The adapter is a piece of aluminum and is not even close to the issue... it's the blow by thats going to be evident in any bov setup and it's the blow by that needs to be taken care of. Run a upr (most people swear by) or just vent to atmosphere, wipe down and let the rest burn off.
Its been burning off for weeks now does it really take that long? The smoke is coming from the exhaust

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Couple of questions- when you VTA, where in the system do you disconnect or cut? Will it throw a code with the system open? Also, do the vented filler caps do anything or simply look nice? My car is stock (no smoke problem) but I'd like to eliminate as much of the build up on the intake valves as possible.

Also, Evan546, just get some isopropyl alcohol and put it in a squeeze bottle and rinse the oil off the fittings/hoses. It will dry almost instantly. Then look after you drive it and you should see exactly where it is seeping from.

Sponsored

Tucsonturbos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
Its been burning off for weeks now does it really take that long? The smoke is coming from the exhaust

I have your exact catch can setup and can tell you no it's not supposed to keep burning yet both of our are. That's why I plan on running vta since I feel like spending over 200 is insane for a upr catch can. I plan on capping the intake manifold line and running the out line straight down with spare hose. Looks like there's a threaded bolt hole below the mishimoto catch can position too so I can mount a small bracket to hole the hose in place.

Santi0105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
santiago
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
So I have oil coming from my BOV adapter and I think I've found the cause of all the white smoke I've been experiencing when I let off. Any ideas on how to clean the oil? or do i just let it burn off?
3.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
hey what did you do to fix it? or what was the problem causing it?
Sponsored