ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted for a while. I have been waiting for my car to arrive and browsing the conversations that have been ongoing among the group. Well, my car finally arrived after 8 months! I brought it home from the dealer yesterday. It is going for full 3M Pro PPF and Ceramic tomorrow so it will be gone for another week! I did take it out for a short run today. Kept everything under 4,000 rpm and at the speed limit...

Trying to get to know the car and all of it's nuances but something struck me as unusual and I am hoping for some feedback and advice from the group. I noticed that the oil pressure gauge was max'd out, pinned all the way to the right for most of the drive today and my gut tells me that isn't normal... It is a 6 speed car, HP, loaded...

Once it's back I'll post some pics but by now it will just be another FJG HP Mach so nothing anyone hasn't seen already

Feedback appreciated...

Cheers,

Steve
Sponsored

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
M1 on start up, goes to 100psi until warm, then to around 70psi.

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Check if they overfilled the oil, if not then you're right not normal.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Once it's back I'll post some pics but by now it will just be another FJG HP Mach so nothing anyone hasn't seen already
Congrats steve! And please post pics!

are you sure the gauge is working correctly? Does it show any movement at all or does it stay pinned to 100 psi?
I was nervous the first few times I drove my car seeing the oil pressure as high as it is. After doing some reading on here I learned that coyotes run high but it was definitely shocking to see at first.

Sponsored

Groovy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 700A Tremec Oxford White
My Mach 1 runs WAY more oil pressure than my 2019 GT did.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
I noticed that the oil pressure gauge was max'd out, pinned all the way to the right for most of the drive today and my gut tells me that isn't normal...
If you can get the oil pressure in the digital cluster, could you check if the readings there are the same as on the gauge? Just to rule out a possible instrument malfunction.

OP
OP
ACMEguy

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
If you can get the oil pressure in the digital cluster, could you check if the readings there are the same as on the gauge? Just to rule out a possible instrument malfunction.
Great idea! I'll change the electronic cluster to include oil pressure and compare on my drive the the PPF shop...

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ACMEguy i drove the car this morning and tried to pay extra attention to the oil pressure gauge. For reference I haven’t driven it in a few weeks and it was 55 outside. It stayed pinned to 100 for a the first few minutes and until about 10 min when it was fully warmed up it didn’t move unless at idle. After that it came down noticeably. Depending on how short your drive is I could see where you wouldn’t get the needle very far off 100 psi

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
@ACMEguy i drove the car this morning and tried to pay extra attention to the oil pressure gauge. For reference I haven’t driven it in a few weeks and it was 55 outside. It stayed pinned to 100 for a the first few minutes and until about 10 min when it was fully warmed up it didn’t move unless at idle. After that it came down noticeably. Depending on how short your drive is I could see where you wouldn’t get the needle very far off 100 psi
More importantly.... YOU HAVEN'T DRIVEN IT FOR A FEW WEEKS??!!

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More importantly.... YOU HAVEN'T DRIVEN IT FOR A FEW WEEKS??!!
I feel bad driving it to work because my commute is laughably short. The idle doesn’t even settle by the time I get there! Mike I told you, come out here and put a few miles on it!

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted for a while. I have been waiting for my car to arrive and browsing the conversations that have been ongoing among the group. Well, my car finally arrived after 8 months! I brought it home from the dealer yesterday. It is going for full 3M Pro PPF and Ceramic tomorrow so it will be gone for another week! I did take it out for a short run today. Kept everything under 4,000 rpm and at the speed limit...

Trying to get to know the car and all of it's nuances but something struck me as unusual and I am hoping for some feedback and advice from the group. I noticed that the oil pressure gauge was max'd out, pinned all the way to the right for most of the drive today and my gut tells me that isn't normal... It is a 6 speed car, HP, loaded...

Feedback appreciated...

Cheers,

Steve
I have HP, 6 speed, and yes oil pressure pins at start up, and I let it idle for a few minutes, and once RPM's come down, so does the oil pressure

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I have HP, 6 speed, and yes oil pressure pins at start up, and I let it idle for a few minutes, and once RPM's come down, so does the oil pressure
I wondering if this has something to do with the carry over parts (TB and intake)from the gt350. I remember my gt350 running high until it warmed up as well. I just figured it was the nature of the beast( voodoo FP crank) wanting to be unleashed.

Btw has anyone noticed any piston slap? Had that issue too.
Sponsored