Sponsored

Oil Pressure at idle- Gen 3 Question/Issue

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Did a search and didn't find an exact answer here so I was wondering what fellow Gen3 owners are experiencing for oil pressure at idle- car at operating temp.

Backstory to question, my 2019 auto has been having intermittent issues where if I come to a light, the car will stumble for a few seconds (almost like a ghost cam tune) and in some rare occurrences, will even stall out. I've been paying close attention to the oil pressure at idle on my ngauge and it seems like when it gets in the mid to low teens, it starts experiencing these issues. It has lessened a bit in the colder weather recently which, to me, only strengthens the oil pressure theory.

Lund also says it could be a phaser issue- as he's seen some with random Gen3's. Knowing phasers operate off of oil pressure, this is kind of a 'what came first, the chicken or the egg' question. Are the phasers having issues based on the lower oil pressure or vice versa?

For what its worth I've never seen a 'low oil pressure' light and the car seems very healthy outside of this. Any feedback is appreciated- thanks!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

fahadco80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fahad
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 10R80 Premium 401A Package with B&O Sound System
Did a search and didn't find an exact answer here so I was wondering what fellow Gen3 owners are experiencing for oil pressure at idle- car at operating temp.

Backstory to question, my 2019 auto has been having intermittent issues where if I come to a light, the car will stumble for a few seconds (almost like a ghost cam tune) and in some rare occurrences, will even stall out. I've been paying close attention to the oil pressure at idle on my ngauge and it seems like when it gets in the mid to low teens, it starts experiencing these issues. It has lessened a bit in the colder weather recently which, to me, only strengthens the oil pressure theory.

Lund also says it could be a phaser issue- as he's seen some with random Gen3's. Knowing phasers operate off of oil pressure, this is kind of a 'what came first, the chicken or the egg' question. Are the phasers having issues based on the lower oil pressure or vice versa?

For what its worth I've never seen a 'low oil pressure' light and the car seems very healthy outside of this. Any feedback is appreciated- thanks!

Hi,

Did you find a fix for this issue?

I have 2019 GT auto, with the exact same issue, RPM fluctuations and some time stalls while coming to stop.

Dealer changed TB, injector, EVAP, VCT, cam phasers and second chain tensioner.

Actually there are few other issues like engine noises fixed with changing the above parts, but the RPM fluctuations still exist.

Please help.

Regards

Fahad

Iespeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 401a Gt mustang, 2000 WS6 Trans Am, 2004 SRT 4 Neon, 1969 FE Tri-power Fairlane convertible.
Hi,

Did you find a fix for this issue?

I have 2019 GT auto, with the exact same issue, RPM fluctuations and some time stalls while coming to stop.

Dealer changed TB, injector, EVAP, VCT, cam phasers and second chain tensioner.

Actually there are few other issues like engine noises fixed with changing the above parts, but the RPM fluctuations still exist.

Please help.

Regards

Fahad
I have noticed a similar issue with my 2019 gt 10r80 car. Is there anymore info on this

SloMerlot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem/PP1, 2013 Ford F-150 FX2, 2007 Yamaha R1, 2007 Honda Accord SE
I'm having the same issues with the low oil pressure indicator and the random drop/stumble in rpm at idle. It didn't bother me much until I purchased fuel from a different location and it started stalling while sitting at the light. Dealership couldn't figure it out nor duplicate the issue. Later, I contributed the stalling to poor fuel and since then have had no issues with that. Goes to show all 91 Octanes are not created equal. Meanwhile, my car is currently back at the dealership, again, and has been for a week now regarding this low pressure and rough idle. This is the 4th visit in a month. On the previous visits they replaced the Battery and Oil Pressure sending unit with no success. Awaiting their next theory. Thank goodness I have my bike (07' R1) to take the edge off.

Sponsored

Iespeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 401a Gt mustang, 2000 WS6 Trans Am, 2004 SRT 4 Neon, 1969 FE Tri-power Fairlane convertible.
I'm having the same issues with the low oil pressure indicator and the random drop/stumble in rpm at idle. It didn't bother me much until I purchased fuel from a different location and it started stalling while sitting at the light. Dealership couldn't figure it out nor duplicate the issue. Later, I contributed the stalling to poor fuel and since then have had no issues with that. Goes to show all 91 Octanes are not created equal. Meanwhile, my car is currently back at the dealership, again, and has been for a week now regarding this low pressure and rough idle. This is the 4th visit in a month. On the previous visits they replaced the Battery and Oil Pressure sending unit with no success. Awaiting their next theory. Thank goodness I have my bike (07' R1) to take the edge off.
I bought mine with 4800 miles on it. It got a oil change at the dealership when I took it from them. It has about 1800 miles on it since oil change. It just started this about 100 miles ago. Has done it twice since then. It was a 900 mile drive back from where I bought it in June so You can see I don’t drive it much right now. First time it stumbled was a week ago and it did it again today. I am not experiencing a low oil pressure problem. I have not taken it in to a dealership yet was hoping someone here could give me something to go in with.

Last edited:

SloMerlot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem/PP1, 2013 Ford F-150 FX2, 2007 Yamaha R1, 2007 Honda Accord SE
I bought mine with 4800 miles on it. It got a oil change at the dealership when I took it from them. It has about 1800 miles on it since oil change. It just started this about 100 miles ago. Has done it twice since then. It was a 900 mile drive back from where I bought it in June so You can see I don’t drive it much right now. First time it stumbled was a week ago and it did it again today. I am not experiencing a low oil pressure problem. I have not taken it in to a dealership yet was hoping someone here could give me something to go in with.
I bought mine with a little over 13k in April last year. Always had the drop in idle but like I said before, didn't notice it until it started stalling. The low oil pressure indicator started coming on about 20 miles after my second oil change which was performed at 22.5k. Maybe switching from the Ford Synthetic Blend to full synthetic Mobil 1 has something to do with it. 5w-20 is what was used both times with the motorcraft oil filter. The car is still under the new car warranty so I wanted to get it in before it expires so that if it comes up later after its expired it SHOULD be considered as a previous issue that was never resolved while it was under warranty.

American Dream

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt 5.0
2012 mustang gt 5.0 8500miles just started having showing low oil pressure at warm idle and hesitation missing while driving.
Sponsored