GoBlueGT350

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 w/ Tech pack, 2022 F150 Tremor
Glad the primary issue was addressed, so there's that at least.

Definitely upsetting to see the disrespectful way they treated your 350. In one hand it looks like superficial smudges and dirt - should be easily wiped or vacuumed. So why didn't they just handle that? And putting down the paper disposable floor mat protectors? This is easy stuff that even your basic used car lot / Kia dealership would do.

Sad to see this level of disregard.
Totally agree, I actually prefer that my car NOT be washed following service etc because I’m OCD about detailing the car and would prefer to do it myself. What set me off about the pics is that condition is entirely representative of how you run your business IMO. It requires absolutely no effort whatsoever to wipe that down and use mats etc and give me the car back in clean condition. Instead I get it like this and it makes me immediately concerned about how my car was handled while it was in your care. I’m not looking for a pound of flesh from the dealer but I definitely am owed a response to the issue I rose. If I hear nothing by Monday I’m going to escalate up the leadership chain.

Dealer in question is Bill Brown Ford in Plymouth, MI.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenn
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 2021 F150 SE 2018 MKC
Vehicle Showcase
Totally agree, I actually prefer that my car NOT be washed following service etc because I’m OCD about detailing the car and would prefer to do it myself. What set me off about the pics is that condition is entirely representative of how you run your business IMO. It requires absolutely no effort whatsoever to wipe that down and use mats etc and give me the car back in clean condition. Instead I get it like this and it makes me immediately concerned about how my car was handled while it was in your care. I’m not looking for a pound of flesh from the dealer but I definitely am owed a response to the issue I rose. If I hear nothing by Monday I’m going to escalate up the leadership chain.

Dealer in question is Bill Brown Ford in Plymouth, MI.
Nice to meet the other 2016 deep impact blue GT350 in Canton. I can't count the times people have accused me of being somewhere I wasn't LOL.

I took my car to Bill Brown last year for an oil change and they backed into something that cracked my bumper! They had to replace the bumper and repaint it. I'll never take my car back there!

image2.jpeg

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Upon removal of crank pulley I notice gouge marks on the inside of the crank pulley where it contacts the crankshaft. NECC to replace crank pulley due to improper fit onto crank.
Are they saying the crank pulley was installed incorrectly from the factory and it took this long to manifest?

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
So you're the other Blue GT350 in Canton

Nice to meet the other 2016 deep impact blue GT350 in Canton. I can't count the times people have accused me of being somewhere I wasn't LOL.

I took my car to Bill Brown last year for an oil change and they backed into something that cracked my bumper! They had to replace the bumper and repaint it. I'll never take my car back there!

image2.jpeg
What wheels are those? They look awesome.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
GoBlueGT350

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
So you're the other Blue GT350 in Canton

image2.jpeg
Small world!! I’ve definitely seen you in the area as well, if you got a random thumbs up from a white SRT Grand Cherokee at the intersection of Beck and Saltz that was me, great looking car!

Sorry to hear about your terrible experience there too, where do you take it for service now?

if nothing else I had a good excuse to really go over the car:

A4BF31A0-0305-461B-89E7-D46766B987BF.jpeg
51FF2391-6D41-4D46-A9A4-B9F448A26942.jpeg

OP
OP
GoBlueGT350

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Are they saying the crank pulley was installed incorrectly from the factory and it took this long to manifest?
Right? Because boy do I have a few more questions if that’s the line of thinking. Wish I knew the answer, I received no explanation from anyone about what they thought happened. The service advisor who seemed like a decent person and car guys is on vacation this week so may email him directly just to follow up.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenn
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 2021 F150 SE 2018 MKC
Vehicle Showcase
Small world!! I’ve definitely seen you in the area as well, if you got a random thumbs up from a white SRT Grand Cherokee at the intersection of Beck and Saltz that was me, great looking car!

Sorry to hear about your terrible experience there too, where do you take it for service now?

if nothing else I had a good excuse to really go over the car:

A4BF31A0-0305-461B-89E7-D46766B987BF.jpeg
51FF2391-6D41-4D46-A9A4-B9F448A26942.jpeg
I do remember you. I thought to myself "hmm a guy in a Cherokee appreciates it LOL"!

Your car looks awesome as well.

As far as service goes, I haven't figured out where to take it next. I purchased it from Jack Demmer so maybe they'll get my business. I should just bite the bullet and buy the things to do it myself. I know a lot about the car and have designed engines and other powertrain components for Roush and Ford for over 20 years.

Last edited:

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
Dealer messed up the 1st oil change on my 1st 2016 GT350 my 2019 R {Ken} has not seen a dealer will not see a dealer unless he blows up Ive gotten a few letters for the shifter recall too still wont take him in

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Right? Because boy do I have a few more questions if that’s the line of thinking. Wish I knew the answer, I received no explanation from anyone about what they thought happened. The service advisor who seemed like a decent person and car guys is on vacation this week so may email him directly just to follow up.
Frightening to think. Please post if you get any answers. Much appreciated.

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
My first oil change from the dealership next day oil on the floor and in belly pan. The dealership sent a tech to my home the next day and was able to fix the problem and cleaned up the oil mess. There was a bad o-ring and once replace no more oil leak. So far it is good.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Any updates?
In any case, hope the ride is doing ok.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
My first oil change from the dealership next day oil on the floor and in belly pan. The dealership sent a tech to my home the next day and was able to fix the problem and cleaned up the oil mess. There was a bad o-ring and once replace no more oil leak. So far it is good.
Bad O-ring? The only O-ring is in the drain plug. So a tech came to your house and dumped your oil to replace it?

OP
OP
GoBlueGT350

GoBlueGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Ultimately got an apology from the dealership after escalating it to the general manager, they gave me some credit via FordPass as well which was a nice token but honestly all I wanted was the apology. Unfortunately no further explanation on what they found. Car has been great! Took it out for a ride with the whole family today after finishing off polishing, also got the whole front protected with Xpel last week (love the stuff and have had it on multiple prior cars). Continue to be incredibly impressed!!

0B06E6FB-6E56-4B68-B682-83B3B838721D.jpeg
43465A00-5486-4EE4-9EC0-648D85E0A4DE.jpeg
Sponsored