Oil Filter Wrench For FL-500S

embraceentropy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I am preparing for my first oil change on this car. I saw a post in the GT350 board pointing out a cap-style filter wrench/socket that would fit over their oil filter. I haven't been able to find such information for the FL-500S. Does anyone have a recommendations or sizing for a filter wrench to fit the 500S?
Sponsored

OP
OP

embraceentropy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Great find! I tried many iterations in the Amazon search with no luck. Thank you!

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Not all 'same size' filter wrenches the same...

I had three vehicles that each used a different size filter. I ended up with 6 filter wrenches. The wrench 'caps' can vary significantly between manufacturers, enough so that the caps do not grip the filter but simply spin/scrape on the filter. I finally ended up first buying a new oil filter and than test fitting the wrench onto the new uninstalled oil filter. Give a hard twist to make sure that the wrench really does grip the filter.
My EB Motorcraft filter is located in such a way that I can use my adjustable metal strap filter wrench. Just slip the circular strap over the filter and the handle self-tightens the strap for easy rotation.

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT