Sponsored

Oil Filter Shortage?

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
When the supply starts flowing the problem will be just like toilet paper. The first pig to the
trough will snag a dozen of them and the demand won't settle down until half the guys have
a multi-year supply. Be reasonable.
Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yup! Still not avail anywhere. The trickle goes to the lucky few.
You have been a member here long enough. Do you need a filer?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
You have been a member here long enough. Do you need a filer?
Thanks. I recently found one and just changed my oil for the first time but I know several other members that have GT3 50 and 500s that are searching. I was hoping to find several leads that I could throw to them. If Ford really did release a whole bunch of new ones into the system it appears that it’s going to take a while before the supply chain can deliver.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks. I recently found one and just changed my oil for the first time but I know several other members that have GT3 50 and 500s that are searching. I was hoping to find several leads that I could throw to them. If Ford really did release a whole bunch of new ones into the system it appears that it’s going to take a while before the supply chain can deliver.
If they are senior members, I will help them out. Sorry, but the ones that I don't know and are so new..... I don't want people coming over here for filters. Kind of like what people did with Snoopy49 when he was tracking their builds. They showed up around here for that and that alone. Then they took off never to be seen again.

I've had guys with just a few posts and no history here reach out. For all I know, they would be putting them on ebay for $300.

I hope people understand that. Let me put a limit on that. A member of 2 years or more and more than 200 posts. How's that?

Sponsored

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
If they are senior members, I will help them out. Sorry, but the ones that I don't know and are so new..... I don't want people coming over here for filters. Kind of like what people did with Snoopy49 when he was tracking their builds. They showed up around here for that and that alone. Then they took off never to be seen again.

I've had guys with just a few posts and no history here reach out. For all I know, they would be putting them on ebay for $300.

I hope people understand that. Let me put a limit on that. A member of 2 years or more and more than 200 posts. How's that?
I better start posting a bunch more dribble.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
good thing I dont need a filter, I dont know if I have 200 real post, I should be named fluffmeister

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
good thing I dont need a filter, I dont know if I have 200 real post, I should be named fluffmeister
Where do you draw the line? I recognize you, you've been around for a while. For you, I would make an exception. Oh, and this is for people who desperately need a filter. Not for a spare.

Hey, weren't you the one who defended the $300 ebay filter guy? And don't you have a GT?

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Where do you draw the line? I recognize you, you've been around for a while. For you, I would make an exception. Oh, and this is for people who desperately need a filter. Not for a spare.

Hey, weren't you the one who defended the $300 ebay filter guy? And don't you have a GT?
I was joking, I dont even have a mustang. ive given stuff to members on here but that is where I draw the line, I 100% believe in free marketing, if someone has an item, and it has an intrinsic value that can be multiplied due to scarcity, why shouldn't a guy try and profit? no different than dealerships selling ADM. I wont buy a car over MSRP, but the next guy will and did and he will also buy that filter at 300 if hes rich.

sucks, but we shouldn't try to restrict someones ability to profit, ever. if I did get a new mustang though, it would be that mach 1 grabber blue I follow the thread of. beautiful cars. brb 10k adm but I am an enthusiast and thats why I remain here. I enjoy reading mustang stuff, im excited for s650, and 750 or 850 to come. granted I hope it doesnt become a crap car.

id have another mustang if I didnt want to pay my house off in next 3-4 years. thats my ultimate goal right now.

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350

I was one of the people that reached out to you a few weeks back and I understand your criteria for not selling to just anybody. Luckily I was able to get one from tasca about a week ago. Thanks to you for posting that tasca link when you did, I ordered just a few hours after you did.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
As a reminder, please do not horde them. I was told there are plenty and if we work together, everyone will be able to get their cars out of hibernation until Ford sorts the supply chain issue.

If you have one, please don't order any more at least until everyone gets a crack at it.