ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
There seems to be 2 filters, the right one, and the wrong one, with the only difference being the inner supporting case of the filter.
Is there anyway to remove the old used filter media, and install the new media from the, it fits but incorrect filter into the correct used filter case, and then use the new o- rings that come with the incorrect filter?
I don't have either filter on hand to look at both and see if it is an option.

This lack of filters, shows one thing, One factory is making them all, and then "box/badge/brand engineering" by way of what box the part is stuffed into and shipped in.
Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
There seems to be 2 filters, the right one, and the wrong one, with the only difference being the inner supporting case of the filter.
Is there anyway to remove the old used filter media, and install the new media from the, it fits but incorrect filter into the correct used filter case, and then use the new o- rings that come with the incorrect filter?
I don't have either filter on hand to look at both and see if it is an option.

This lack of filters, shows one thing, One factory is making them all, and then "box/badge/brand engineering" by way of what box the part is stuffed into and shipped in.
One factory is making them because outside what Ford required for the new filter, everyone else is doing just fine with plastic frames. I suspect you'd find that many offerings would offer improved flow and oil pressure with their synthetic media and I'm just speculating that most (if not nearly all) the plastic frame filters probably work just fine, but now since Ford declared the 2087 the new standard everyone is paying much higher prices because there's no alternatives on the market yet. Furthermore, in the world of filters, it's a very specific and more complex assembly and production for a very limited demand. It's not like a very obscure grocery getter with a different filter dimension (but pretty standard frame and ends). We're talking about competition having to retool assembly for a small amount of sales.

The better solution than reusing metal filter frames would be something along the lines of the doorman product I posted where the frame and backbone protection is part of the cartridge cap and the filter is just pleated material. Check out the link and photos.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
One factory is making them because outside what Ford required for the new filter, everyone else is doing just fine with plastic frames. I suspect you'd find that many offerings would offer improved flow and oil pressure with their synthetic media and I'm just speculating that most (if not nearly all) the plastic frame filters probably work just fine, but now since Ford declared the 2087 the new standard everyone is paying much higher prices because there's no alternatives on the market yet. Furthermore, in the world of filters, it's a very specific and more complex assembly and production for a very limited demand. It's not like a very obscure grocery getter with a different filter dimension (but pretty standard frame and ends). We're talking about competition having to retool assembly for a small amount of sales.

The better solution than reusing metal filter frames would be something along the lines of the doorman product I posted where the frame and backbone protection is part of the cartridge cap and the filter is just pleated material. Check out the link and photos.
If it was me, and I owned one of these cars, I'd have already installed a remote filter kit, and called it a day.
They already have an oil cooler and lines so adding one would be cake.

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Hey guys, anyone knows where to buy MC FL2087 oil filter? I'm tired to look and call everywhere.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hey guys, anyone knows where to buy MC FL2087 oil filter? I'm tired to look and call everywhere.
This has been an ongoing issue for the past several months. We are all on the lookout for them. Every once in a while the usual suspects have them in stock for a reasonable price. If you are desperate you can probably find one at your dealership for $40+.

Sponsored

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
This has been an ongoing issue for the past several months. We are all on the lookout for them. Every once in a while the usual suspects have them in stock for a reasonable price. If you are desperate you can probably find one at your dealership for $40+.
Nope, I've called them and they don't have it (at least it's what they have said). So, in this case, should I switch from Motorcraft to Amsoil? Ford is pushing to it.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If you're really in a pinch, you can use the 2062A, which the cage looks plenty strong enough. I can't imagine what sort of flow and pressure it would take to collapse it.

It has 80% efficiency at 20 microns, compared to Amsoil which claims 99% efficiency at 20 microns.

The motorcraft filter claims to have silicone drain back valve as well as the pressure relief valve location to prevent contamination of the motor with filtered gunk upon relief. I'm sure the Amsoil has these features, but can't find anything in the literature referencing them.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
anyone know the difference between aa5z 6714 B and aa5z 6714 A?
The dealer gave me the A for my Mach 1. fl500s. They looked it up. Is there a difference.
funny it says B on receipt and filter A?
Confused.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Are the older, spin-on, metallic housed filters hard to find now too?

sfzobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
I went on RockAuto last Thursday night randomly and entered 2087 and it came up as in stock and I bought 2, they shipped the next day, and after a fedex delay they arrived today. I had ordered a fram, mahle and bosch and can confirm they are all plastic frames inside, where the 2087 is metal. Strangely after I ordered them I went back and they were out of stock so I would just recommend checking throughout the day. I do have an alert setup with rock auto but I never got a notification. They were $21.79/each. Goodluck

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
fl500 from dealer $6.00
Sorry , this seems to be GT350 filter thread.

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
I went on RockAuto last Thursday night randomly and entered 2087 and it came up as in stock and I bought 2, they shipped the next day, and after a fedex delay they arrived today. I had ordered a fram, mahle and bosch and can confirm they are all plastic frames inside, where the 2087 is metal. Strangely after I ordered them I went back and they were out of stock so I would just recommend checking throughout the day. I do have an alert setup with rock auto but I never got a notification. They were $21.79/each. Goodluck
You got gold in the mountains 😂😂

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Are the older, spin-on, metallic housed filters hard to find now too?
Seems like Rock Auto still has the spin on FL2069ST version, but a FL2069STA is also for sale (out of stock). I wonder what the difference between the ST and STA versions are.... any insiders here?

The Ford part numbers are GR3Z6731A vs GR3Z6731B, respectively - so I guess some sort of update happened on them.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Interesting. I have a few of the spin-on filters for the GT350 that I bought from Ford but won't be using as I sold the car and have a GT500 now. I think I have a few drain plugs too. If anybody can't find one let me know.

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I just checked Rock Auto and the 2087 is out of stock. That didn't last long.
Sponsored