Oil cooler coolant loop fittings

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Having a hard time finding out how these are supposed to be released. I'm talking about the white plastic tabs that snap onto the two barbs on the t section of the lower radiator hose. I find with shit like this that it's always way too easy to break them if you don't do it just right, so I'm hoping someone has done this or has a page out of the service manual on how to remove them properly.
Sponsored

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
Should just have to squeeze the two white plastic tabs that extend out past the fitting while pulling hose off. The white plastic ring will stay behind on the plastic T of the lower hose.

OP
OP
ice445

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Should just have to squeeze the two white plastic tabs that extend out past the fitting while pulling hose off. The white plastic ring will stay behind on the plastic T of the lower hose.
How do you transfer the plastic rings to the new radiator hose? To be fair I don't have my hose yet, but I'm assuming it doesn't come with those

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
The new hose will have them. The old ones are easy to remove, just pull the two tabs apart until the clips clear the ridge or lip on the nipple.