Sponsored

Oil Consumption after flash tune

huachucastang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium 6MT PP
My ecoboost has started to use oil after i installed a flash tune. Using about a quart every 2500 miles. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

15 Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertable
If you want to eliminate the tune as a cause, go back to stock and see if the oil consumption continues.
If it does, the tune is not the reason, and you have a mechanical problem.
If you take into the dealership for work, and they see a tune, they could deny any warranty consideration.

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
My ecoboost has started to use oil after i installed a flash tune. Using about a quart every 2500 miles. Has anyone else experienced this?
Are you running the car harder with the tune? Oil consumption is a mechanical issue, not a software issue. If you have greatly increased your potential boost, you could be getting blowby or some other higher pressure related issue. If you are "on it" more than normal I can see why you may burn more oil.

I would remove the tune before you take it to the dealer BTW......

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Tunes usually mean more boost/harder working turbo. You are probably burning it off through the turbo and blow by. I am not speaking by experience with EB because I don't own one but my WRX was twinscroll oil cooled turbo and I burned it slowly because of the turbo and how the oil sump worked on it. Regardless 1 QT every 2500 miles would be kind of concerning for me but I think most manufacturers & dealerships will tell you that's "normal". However if you didn't notice it before the tune then I would try to find and eliminate the reason. Maybe try running a different oil.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
You are completely positive you have no oil leak, drain plug, filter, etc.?
Sponsored