Sponsored

Oil coming from box/camera in front of mirror?

RSPEK 178

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
MY20 Mustang R Spec
Yes, it’s the “stuff” that’s used to seal camera to inside front window. I had it on mine as well, had it checked and was told no action required. I think it was removed and I have only seen a little tell once since. Wiped it away and all good. There are several posts about this on here - one which I have previously commented on.
Cheers Mark

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had a little seepage on mine too, it appeared after it had been baking in the sun all day (yes, surprisingly for the U.K. we got a run of 38 and 39C days this year).

It’s the cars third summer but it’s first seepage so it could be age, but I suspect screen temp was the bigger influence.

I read up a little and it seemed to be reasonably common. I think it was @Mike Pfeifer (BMW tech) that mentioned their official fix was just to wipe it away.

I suspect it’s just a case of it ejecting a bit of excess liquid that it doesn’t need :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
RagmopInKona

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
  • Banned
Yes, it’s the “stuff” that’s used to seal camera to inside front window. I had it on mine as well, had it checked and was told no action required. I think it was removed and I have only seen a little tell once since. Wiped it away and all good. There are several posts about this on here - one which I have previously commented on.
Cheers Mark
I did not know what word to use as a "keyword" for a search, as this is first new vehicle in 24 years. and the vehicle it replaced was a 2004 .
Thanks for the reply, At least I know it isn't a big deal.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I’ve had a little seepage on mine too, it appeared after it had been baking in the sun all day (yes, surprisingly for the U.K. we got a run of 38 and 39C days this year).

It’s the cars third summer but it’s first seepage so it could be age, but I suspect screen temp was the bigger influence.

I read up a little and it seemed to be reasonably common. I think it was @Mike Pfeifer (BMW tech) that mentioned their official fix was just to wipe it away.

I suspect it’s just a case of it ejecting a bit of excess liquid that it doesn’t need :like:

WD :like:
100% correct