OP
Hotpart.com

Hotpart.com

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
I thought there was still some issue being looked at by ohlins before they were going to release these?
@hotpart... can you please shock dynos of the front and rear so we can see exactly what is going on with these dampers?
Ohlins engineers have cleared the release on these.

We are hoping to get them on the dyno in the next 2-3 weeks. Just need to mill up a fixture for the front.
Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Cool... please post up here when you do run them. I do need new suspension and these are on the short list.

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard
I’m looking forward to some reviews of these. I had Öhlins on my Lotus Elise and thought they were great.

The published spring rates are still puzzling to me. Typical front spring rates for our cars seem to be between about 190 and 250 lb/in and rear rates seem to be in the 800 to 900 lb/in range. The Ă–hlins front rates are more than double What we usually see, while the rears are at the low end of the usual range. This seems like a recipe for understeer.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Spring rates are like tears in the rain... nearly infinite possibilities. What we need to know is, what range the valving is set up for.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They kinda determine the majority of the front and rear roll stiffness though...so yes I'm certain these would induce understeer. I am sure the dampers are amazing though.

Sponsored

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
Ohlins can run a higher spring rate compared to other coilover systems specifically because of the DFV system (dual flow valve). At lower speeds, oil will flow through the shaft jet bleed, while higher speeds will allow oil flow through compression ports located in the piston.

According to Christopher Loow at Ohlins: “If you drive one of our kits, you’ll feel that it’s firm and stiff like you want, but without being harsh like some kits which have too much low speed or too much mid speed damping. You can get away with much stiffer springs (on our kit) but if you put an equally stiff spring on another coilover, you’d need so much damping that it would rattle your teeth out versus with our patented DFV, you can have performance and comfort.”

You can find more information here: http://www.turnology.com/tech-stori...s-for-the-track-exist-ohlins-gives-an-answer/

Sponsored

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a Ohlins fan too. I want to see what the results are.

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe
Hoping to have these on the dyno next week sometime.

Fictures-for-shock-dyno.jpg

So I'm also really interested to see what a 25mm ride height drop from stock looks like. These are at the top of my list, but I'm a little worried that 25 mm will be too low. I have no tolerance for rubbing or for bottoming out around town, as it is my daily driver and my track car all in one. I guess I could look at some posts of just regular lowering springs to get an idea.

job

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Capri, 85 Audi, 2005 Dodge 2500,2017 GTPP
Hurry UP....Please

Everything sounds right, 514 lbs front, and 800 lbs rear, out of the box.
Do they have camber/caster adjustment or just fixed? Can we add aftermarket camber/caster plates?

The 25MM drop is only 1" I'm good with that.
Will you guys post the max spring rated you dyno to?

Thanks for getting it this far.

Hoping to have these on the dyno next week sometime.

Fictures-for-shock-dyno.jpg
Sponsored