Sponsored

Oh no, here comes the cylinder deactivation nonsense.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I can't tell you how happy I am that I've ordered my Mustang just in time to dodge this bullet. I hate this kind of crap.
So when the heck are you going to get your car? This wait has to be killing you.
Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
GOOD NEWS BOYS, TRUMP SIGNED AN EXECUTIVE ORDER MANDATING FERD, CHEBBY AND FEEAT BRING BACK THE PUSHROD 5.0, TREE FIDDY AND 5.2/5.9L NOW THAT O-BAMA IS GONE.

AND LADA BRAND VEHICLES WILL START BEING BUILT AND SOLD, RIGHT HERE, IN AMERICA. THANKS TO STRATEGIC COLLU.. UH, PARTNERSHIP WITH VLADDY.

Sorry.. it’s early, but I couldn’t resist. I just lol’d at the Obama comments when cyl deactivation has been around prior to his administration as have stricter fuel economy regulations. This has been in motion for decades.

Anyway - on topic, I as well do not like the technology and from a consumer standpoint the potential for additional wear and failure is not worth the “savings” in fuel. Big vehicles will be inefficient until what’s powering them changes. It’s putting lipstick on a pig to throw cyl deactivation on a domestic V8 in the name of making it “efficient”. LS1 motors were pulling high 20’s MPG in the Vette and Camaro in the 90’s. No frills. Hard to carry that to a large vehicle though.
Eww Russiangate truther joke...cringe. While that is true about the cylinder deactivation part being around before the Obama administration, he did add a lot more restrictions to the CAFE standards when he was in office again I thought that was common knowledge apparently not. I really don't want to get into politics anyway.

I am not exactly in favor of it but I don't think it will be a necessary bad thing either. I really just don't like the direction Ford is going with its leadership and it seems it won't be changing anytime soon until the share holders have had enough. I think they will be doing a phase out of the 5.0/any V8 in a decade or a little more at this rate and witty comments wont save it.

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
If you like your V8, you can keep your V8... :giggle:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Eww Russiangate truther joke...cringe. While that is true about the cylinder deactivation part being around before the Obama administration, he did add a lot more restrictions to the CAFE standards when he was in office again I thought that was common knowledge apparently not. I really don't want to get into politics anyway.

I am not exactly in favor of it but I don't think it will be a necessary bad thing either. I really just don't like the direction Ford is going with its leadership and it seems it won't be changing anytime soon until the share holders have had enough. I think they will be doing a phase out of the 5.0/any V8 in a decade or a little more at this rate and witty comments wont save it.
So if you had to decide...........No V8 vs. V8 with cylinder deactivation. If's it the latter, this thread is over. If it's the former.....:curse::curse::curse:

Sponsored

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if you had to decide...........No V8 vs. V8 with cylinder deactivation. If's it the latter, this thread is over. If it's the former.....:curse::curse::curse:
Or go to another car manufacture is an option too. For me anyways.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So if you had to decide...........No V8 vs. V8 with cylinder deactivation.
Well, if I had to choose between death and rheumatism I would choose the latter, of course, but being healthy would be even better. :p
But I see your point. I guess I would still buy it with the cylinder deactivation crap, provided that
- either it can be permanently deactivated with a software tune,
- or at least there's a button to turn it off on the central console, like the one for the stop&start.

Or go to another car manufacture is an option too. For me anyways.
For now. But sooner or later the others may follow suit.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This is still pure speculation still, right??
They are NOT doing this cylinder deactivation bullshit, are they??

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It wouldn't surprise me if they are going to do it, the way Ford has been run the past couple of years I can easily see it happening.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It wouldn't surprise me if they are going to do it, the way Ford has been run the past couple of years I can easily see it happening.
If that happens,.......no more Mustangs for me.
Hellcat for me. I think they're the only ones that doesn't have that bullcrap?

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
There is zero indication that this will be coming to the Mustang. Honestly I highly doubt it. This is all about the F150 and what they needed to do to meet regs on the 5.0.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
If that happens,.......no more Mustangs for me.
Hellcat for me. I think they're the only ones that doesn't have that bullcrap?
Um, FCA announced the Hellcat engine is finished. It will not be able to meet the new regs.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
There is zero indication that this will be coming to the Mustang. Honestly I highly doubt it. This is all about the F150 and what they needed to do to meet regs on the 5.0.
That's what I thought.
I was reading comments on here like it was definitely happening. Just wanted to clarify. Thanks.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Um, FCA announced the Hellcat engine is finished. It will not be able to meet the new regs.
Seriously?!?!?!?
They are releasing the Stock Sport soon?!?!? Supposed to be the king at the drag strip in stock form!

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't find this anywhere. Why did you see it?
Sponsored