Sponsored

Oh No- GT350 crash at Cars and Coffee

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE
on the bright side, he is now a world famous YouTube Star! You will gets jerks showing up at almost all car events, no matter what make they drive. Our local C&C always has a couple of cops on site which keeps things pretty much under control
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
That's perfectly fine. I'm always carrying too.

Well smart guy, letting your kids walk down the side walk is a little different than letting them sit curbside at an event where everyone knows what happens. That being said walking down the side walk and through parking lots does come with a certain accepted risk. Everyone knows that but it's life and you have no choice other than staying at home in a bubble. Do you let your kids sit in parking lots where cars are pulling in and out all day? I'm gonna guess that's a no. I'm not sticking up for what he did, although we've all done it, maybe not with the same end result...... Maybe he is a giant douche bag, I don't know him, but all you internet tough guys claiming you would kick his ass outta think about the fact that putting your kids in that position is your own fault. That and maybe he's carrying and you start trying to kick his ass and he ends your day with a hot lead sammich.....

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
That and maybe he's carrying and you start trying to kick his ass and he ends your day with a hot lead sammich.....

So he almost kills someone with his car, then pulls a gun and kills someone with a gun... :lol:

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
So he almost kills someone with his car, then pulls a gun and kills someone with a gun... :lol:
Its a "what if".... You know if one of these tough guys starts to beat on him....maybe he's a real puss and can't fight so he shoots them. It's as realistic as one of them kicking his ass for being a dick.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again... my point was not that he almost hit the kids... the point of me saying I'd go after him was because of his reaction of getting out, smiling and waving. I understand risks, but don't don't understand assholes that are completely unaware of what is going on.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Again... my point was not that he almost hit the kids... the point of me saying I'd go after him was because of his reaction of getting out, smiling and waving. I understand risks, but don't don't understand assholes that are completely unaware of what is going on.
With that same logic, you might as well chase after every guy who smokes the tires while going sideways out of those events because they are basically on the edge of losing it and possibly killing someone too.

The guy probably later on realized he could have hurt somebody and probably felt bad about his actions. He was more embarrassed than anything when he first jump out of the car ... that's why he reacted that way. And the car was still on the street when he got out ... if he would have plowed through the crowd for 30 feet his reaction might not be the same when he got out of the car.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, I'm taking from this thread that I am a bad parent for letting my kids watch awesome cars. Thanks for that. Just curious, those of you saying that, do you have kids?

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
So, I'm taking from this thread that I am a bad parent for letting my kids watch awesome cars. Thanks for that. Just curious, those of you saying that, do you have kids?
No one is calling you out as being a bad parent. You are reading more into things than are there. What is being said is to take responsibility of one's self and children. Predict what "could" happen in a situation and take measures so they don't. Even with that said, we all mess up. We all put ourselves and others in bad situations now and then. But if the bad situation is partially created by our own doing, own up to it, don't simply lash out at the other party.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Not at all, I take my 14 y/o twin daughters Shelby, and Saleen to car shows and races all the time. I would never let them sit curbside, at one of these events anymore than I would let them sit track side at the races. Any adult that stands curbside is accepting the risk of what could happen to them or their kids. They are literally on the curb, no buffer zone, no where to go, that and there sitting not even a chance to move. Not being a smart ass, I'm sure you would not let that happen.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, but we know the risks and what happens at C&C.. Most people there I would say do not. Would I let my kids stand on the curb? No. But that guy did, and I am simply empathizing with being in his shoes and being ignorant of the risks. He probably thought is was more like a parade. People stand along curbs for parades all the time. That is all that I am saying. I can't say for sure what the dad's thoughts were. However seeing a guy act completely unnatural after nearly running people over just yanks my chain.

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I would say one of the safest places to be is near the exit point.. you still get to see the cars and hear the exhausts, but any acceleration is going to take them away from where you're standing.
Sponsored