OG’s 2017 Grabber Blue GT

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
Well October 10, 2020 I purchased this car with 17k on the clock. My son picked it out, he’s car crazy 6 year old. I traded a 4 door Honda Accord in on this, and it’s my “daily”. Primarily used to transport my son to school in the morning. He’s a very happy kid 😁

Had some extras from the original owner:
-Ford performance suspension installed from the factory
-Brembo calipers up front
-has what I’m told is a GT350 spoiler, came without spoiler from factory
-Roush rear diffuser
-Tinted tail light covers
-Ford performance hood and trunk struts
-Weather Tech front floor liners
-Magnaflow full exhaust w/ x pipe
-Corsa black exhaust tips
-Grabber blue Ford side scoops
-K&N cold air intake
-footwell lighting
-custom front vinyl striping
-Black 5.0 emblems
-Katzkin black leather seats, perf centers, blue accents, blue stitching
-Black aluminum gas door

Had… long tube headers, tint all the way around, 1/4 window louvers. Dealer removed these and would not allow me to have the headers.

within 24 hours, realized there was a clutch master cylinder leak that presented itself in the drivers side floor liner. Took me 6 weeks to track down and acquire a new master. Shortly after I had a faulty clutch pedal switch, loose driver side quarter scoop, and failed drivers side rear wheel bearing. Everything is now sorted.

I have purchased:
-Weather Tech rear floor and trunk liners (installed)
-Diode Dynamics trunk-glove box-map-and vanity mirror led bulbs (installed)
-Sumitomo all season tires (installed)
-Steeda clutch pedal spring (not instslled)
-Steeda clutch line (not installed)
-Steeda trans mount bushing (not installed)
-Roush hood vents (not installed )
-Px6 head unit (not installed)
-Ford lighted door sills (not installed)

Future plans:
-19-20” summer wheels w/ Michelin Pilot sport 4S tires.
-long tube headers, likely corsa
-nicer intake
-Gen 3 intake manifold
-Gen 3 throttle body
-tune
-paint the hood vents, lip kit, rear diffuser the same black as the spoiler. (Can’t remember the name of the factory black color)
-front bumper could use a respray, got some rock chips, and a couple of spots peeling from lousy factory paint job.

0DF12AC8-972A-4499-857A-C1BE9ECA128B.jpeg

6BF01A5F-70B6-43D9-850E-388596C3847F.jpeg

046360FF-E5D7-44DA-8C6D-8F2504DABAC6.jpeg

9D5DFD35-B1E9-41F7-8DD4-AEB44D4CC618.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
OGsmakDadE

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
Pictures of the loose scoop, car sitting outside in the elements, and my fairly low digit license plate (to those who aren’t aware, these a sort of a big deal in Delaware)

I need to make room in the garage for this poor car.

54AC405E-A5C0-4C99-B62B-99E60500F3EE.jpeg

DC9E0C8D-5E8F-4580-A516-B27ABFCC068F.jpeg

121A2EBB-A0A7-4C87-9AD6-5F469CD87411.jpeg

1031E10E-2B7F-4800-8D62-FF3EB67AC71C.jpeg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I sometimes wish I had a father who is into cars, savor those moments with your son.

Beautiful Mustang :clap:
I'm a father who wishes his sons were into cars.

@OGsmakDadE making good memories :like: Nice l👀king ride!

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Nice color, but I'm curious as to why the dealer would not let you have the headers.

OP
OP
OGsmakDadE

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
OGsmakDadE

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
I'm a father who wishes his sons were into cars.

@OGsmakDadE making good memories :like: Nice l👀king ride!
My kid is 6 1/2, has about 1000 hot wheels cars. He can pick a lot of cars on the road and tell you what they are. He genuinely gets excited about cars and anything transportation related. I don’t find this very common nowadays

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I would have pitched a fit, told them to either put the f'n headers back on or knock 2G's off the price because that is what it will cost to replace them because one of your techs is a thief.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OGsmakDadE

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
I would have pitched a fit, told them to either put the f'n headers back on or knock 2G's off the price because that is what it will cost to replace them because one of your techs is a thief.
By the end of the next day, I was pretty pissed. No headers, clutch master was leaking inside the car, the rear drivers wheel bearing was bad, and the car was NOT a GT Premium, which is what it was listed as. I’m new to mustangs, so I didn’t know what to look for. I thought about taking the car back, but I’m a sucker that gets attached very easily.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
2017 was the year I decided I wanted a mustang and I can blame it all on that colour … :sunglasses:

WD :like:

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
Well October 10, 2020 I purchased this car with 17k on the clock. My son picked it out, he’s car crazy 6 year old. I traded a 4 door Honda Accord in on this, and it’s my “daily”. Primarily used to transport my son to school in the morning. He’s a very happy kid 😁

Had some extras from the original owner:
-Ford performance suspension installed from the factory
-Brembo calipers up front
-has what I’m told is a GT350 spoiler, came without spoiler from factory
-Roush rear diffuser
-Tinted tail light covers
-Ford performance hood and trunk struts
-Weather Tech front floor liners
-Magnaflow full exhaust w/ x pipe
-Corsa black exhaust tips
-Grabber blue Ford side scoops
-K&N cold air intake
-footwell lighting
-custom front vinyl striping
-Black 5.0 emblems
-Katzkin black leather seats, perf centers, blue accents, blue stitching
-Black aluminum gas door

Had… long tube headers, tint all the way around, 1/4 window louvers. Dealer removed these and would not allow me to have the headers.

within 24 hours, realized there was a clutch master cylinder leak that presented itself in the drivers side floor liner. Took me 6 weeks to track down and acquire a new master. Shortly after I had a faulty clutch pedal switch, loose driver side quarter scoop, and failed drivers side rear wheel bearing. Everything is now sorted.

I have purchased:
-Weather Tech rear floor and trunk liners (installed)
-Diode Dynamics trunk-glove box-map-and vanity mirror led bulbs (installed)
-Sumitomo all season tires (installed)
-Steeda clutch pedal spring (not instslled)
-Steeda clutch line (not installed)
-Steeda trans mount bushing (not installed)
-Roush hood vents (not installed )
-Px6 head unit (not installed)
-Ford lighted door sills (not installed)

Future plans:
-19-20” summer wheels w/ Michelin Pilot sport 4S tires.
-long tube headers, likely corsa
-nicer intake
-Gen 3 intake manifold
-Gen 3 throttle body
-tune
-paint the hood vents, lip kit, rear diffuser the same black as the spoiler. (Can’t remember the name of the factory black color)
-front bumper could use a respray, got some rock chips, and a couple of spots peeling from lousy factory paint job.

0DF12AC8-972A-4499-857A-C1BE9ECA128B.jpeg

6BF01A5F-70B6-43D9-850E-388596C3847F.jpeg

046360FF-E5D7-44DA-8C6D-8F2504DABAC6.jpeg

9D5DFD35-B1E9-41F7-8DD4-AEB44D4CC618.jpeg
Congrats! Great car and awesome to share the experiences with your son. My son is 3 and a half and is talking non stop about “daddy’s mustang”. (I have a Mach set to be delivered in a few weeks). I was the same way with my dad (he is an original owner of a 71 Mach), so i love stories about families sharing those things across generations.
Enjoy!

OP
OP
OGsmakDadE

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 was the year I decided I wanted a mustang and I can blame it all on that colour … :sunglasses:

WD :like:
I keep showing pictures of your car to my son and he LOVES the grabber lime. If I can do mods and tweaks as clean as you’ve done, I’ll be happy with mine.

Congrats! Great car and awesome to share the experiences with your son. My son is 3 and a half and is talking non stop about “daddy’s mustang”. (I have a Mach set to be delivered in a few weeks). I was the same way with my dad (he is an original owner of a 71 Mach), so i love stories about families sharing those things across generations.
Enjoy!
Thank you.
My dad had a 66 GTO and got rid of it right before I was born, but I’ve heard about it my whole life. He had a 1990 Thunderbird super coupe, that was a great car. He also had a 99 Mustang GT. Lots of cool and classic cars in the family throughout my life. We have mechanics, paint and body guys, etc in the family. I went rogue and got into imports early on, but always appreciated just about everything automotive.

your son is at the age where mine really fell in love with cars, it’s a great journey so enjoy every minute of it. I’d love to see that Mach 1 when you take delivery. Does your father still have his? If so, I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say we expect a photo shoot.

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
Thank you.
My dad had a 66 GTO and got rid of it right before I was born, but I’ve heard about it my whole life. He had a 1990 Thunderbird super coupe, that was a great car. He also had a 99 Mustang GT. Lots of cool and classic cars in the family throughout my life. We have mechanics, paint and body guys, etc in the family. I went rogue and got into imports early on, but always appreciated just about everything automotive.

your son is at the age where mine really fell in love with cars, it’s a great journey so enjoy every minute of it. I’d love to see that Mach 1 when you take delivery. Does your father still have his? If so, I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say we expect a photo shoot.
he definitely still has the 71, many cars have come and gone from his garage but that one is a constant. One of my first stops will be to his house so we can take a joint photo or 12. Will definitely post them.
My son is super into car racing so watching NASCAR and equating some of the drivers with driving a mustang has slightly blown his mind! 😂 it’s cute and slightly crazy how into it he has gotten. I guess I now know what I was like as a kid.
Sponsored