Sponsored

Officially starting my ecoboom journey(help lol)

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Yes, the amounts were getting sickening.

FBO with Nx2 and Methonal. Popped a head gasket and installed a new one with CA625+ headstuds. After a few tun revisions and battling a rough idle I bought a short block and built head with the vision of upgrading the injectors and HPFP. Then I was going to go bigger turbo. The Head and block were 7500 and I needed another 1k to finish it.
The rough idle ended up being a leaky Methonal solenoid. I got a screaming deal for the car, so it's gone. It also had a full Steeda cradle lockout and suspension with Enkis. However, at the end of the day, I really want a 5.0. The sound, respect and the HP on pump gas is where my true self is.
Yes, Ecos can go fast. I hate the sound, and it is a time bomb at times. Will wait for a 5.0 till the Pandemic and economy gets stable.
If you can get a cheap gt then by all means do what you wanna do. Not alot of people go all of the way and I get it. But the amount of power possible for way cheaper I couldn't resist lol goodluck with finding a nice ole v8 to scratch the itch!
Sponsored

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Update: Finished pulling everything off, just need to pull the motor now. Waiting for my head gasket (focus RS revised version=best gasket for out engine) to come in along with my hpfp.

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Update: Still waiting for the head gasket and HPFP, also got a great deal on the built head by Adam so went ahead and bought that with upgraded springs, pistons and gaskets with port injection. If anyone has a spare RS head gasket lying around or think they can source one you would be saving my life right now lol.
Sponsored