Sponsored

Officially starting my ecoboom journey(help lol)

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
So boys after being screwed over from Ford (surprise) I will be officially doing my engine swap to a built 2.0 with limited experience. I'm going all the way with this car so sit back and get ready to laugh at my dumb questions as I try to build my baby back to life.

20210510_184911.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
First question I already have as I take off my hood is how to disconnect the damn windshield washer nozzles lol

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Details on the 2.0?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Details on the 2.0?
Its a reinforced block from EMS, will be putting everything under the sun to try and get close to my hp goals of 600. Could go further but I need like an extra 8k to realistically get to 800 whp.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Its a reinforced block from EMS, will be putting everything under the sun to try and get close to my hp goals of 600. Could go further but I need like an extra 8k to realistically get to 800 whp.
Realistically you will have trouble hitting the 600 let alone 800.

There is no replacement for displacement! (At least that is what we used to say - maybe things changed)

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Realistically you will have trouble hitting the 600 let alone 800.

There is no replacement for displacement! (At least that is what we used to say - maybe things changed)
There's absolutely a replacement...it's called boost. There are already people making 800 HP on an Eco, so 600 is completely within reach. He's starting with the correct short block, so assuming he keeps listening to the EMS guys and doesn't run out of cash, he'll get there.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
There's absolutely a replacement...it's called boost. There are already people making 800 HP on an Eco, so 600 is completely within reach. He's starting with the correct short block, so assuming he keeps listening to the EMS guys and doesn't run out of cash, he'll get there.
its a scary thought to me, spending 10k on a block making 800 hp, then something blows and find out it was something that someone else did that caused an issue. ie, bad tune, something not installed correctly, something not torqued perfectly.

shit scares me. I love to follow the builds, but they have more balls than I do. if ford offered a 700hp block/fully assembled engine with a canned tune, for a set price. better believe id buy it. but actually doing it myself, and putting my faith in others is just so hard.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Yessir, last few things I need are a fat turbo, sensor, and a hpfp with 1700cc injectors. Been doing alot of uber eats on the side and stuff to really make this a reality lol

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Very possible lol already has been done actually a few times!
Obviously not the same set up, but I was pushing close to 500AWHP (dyno and other variables dependent) in my old 2015 2.0l WRX. Built block and other supporting mods made it possible (fuel and cooling...hint hint 😉)

You can do it OP! 🤟

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Obviously not the same set up, but I was pushing close to 500AWHP (dyno and other variables dependent) in my old 2015 2.0l WRX. Built block and other supporting mods made it possible (fuel and cooling...hint hint 😉)

You can do it OP! 🤟
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I remember getting shit on by an e85 tuned wrx so I already know thats possible lol!