Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Alrightyyyyyy where to begin!

I have officially install all the steeda mods regarding suspension work. I will do a review with everything together and slowly mentioning each component.

When I first got the car I remember driving it into a corner hard and when it broke loose it was all over the place and unpredictable.

First modifications were to get rid of the dreaded wheel hop, I began with the differential bushings and IRS bushings and IRS alignment kit.

Those definitely helped to remove a lot of the wheel hop that came with the car. When launching the rear end felt very solid compared to stock.

The next group of upgrades were the IRS brace, K-member Brace, sway bars and billet sway bar mounts and the sway bar end links. These really tightened up the car all together, especially on handling a lot of the body roll and flex was eliminated allowing me to take corners much faster and more response to steering.

Once those were done, I proceeded with lowering the car with the adjustable shocks and progressive lowering springs, bump steer kit, Vertical Links, Camber Links, Toe Links, and camber caster plates. These group of parts here really transformed the vehicle. I knew that when lowering it the entire geometry would change so I decided to go all in and make sure everything can be adjusted properly for alignment.

Once I got the car back from alignment, the results were unbelievable. Whoever said mustangs cant handle are so wrong. From factory yes they are sloppy, but this is a vehicle that responds so well to upgrades that it completely transformed with all the modifications i did. The handling of the car is night and day. As far as handling is concerned I could not call it a mustang anymore. I had a friend get a ride in it, and the first the thing both him and I could think of is how similar it felt to a porsche as far as handling and the ride felt. The car has very little body roll, you throw it in the a corner and it becomes very forgiving of your mistakes, and allows you to correct with ease. The car warns you ahead of time before breaking loose. When it does break loose, it does it with smooth and predictable manner. Its as if it were a wild animal that now is tamed by its master and listens to your every command. Wheel hop is 99% eliminated. The launches are hard and really push you into the chair, the braking feels like super car like, it doesn't dip the front in and when braking hard it dips very small in but keeps complete posture allow you to break and maneuver quickly if needed. The ride from factory is not as smooth, but its still smooth considering all that's done to it. I could make a 2 hour drive in it and not feel sore or tired. Handling wise the car has become exactly what I want it to be a ultimate handling machine.

I have installed everything myself and if you guys have any questions dont be afraid to ask.

A BIG THANK YOU AND SHOUT OUT TO STEEDA AND THEIR CREW FOR THE AMAZING QUALITY PARTS AND EFFORT PUT INTO THEM!
I am off next to work on the drivetrain!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
What, no Steeda LCA bearing...:paddle:

Seriously though, nice write up. Makes me feel better about the changes I am making. Not a waste of time or money. :)

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

Seriously though, nice write up. Makes me feel better about the changes I am making. Not a waste of time or money. :)
ahhhhh yes i forgot those, thats the only thing i forgot. do you have them installed?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
ahhhhh yes i forgot those, thats the only thing i forgot. do you have them installed?
Not yet but I plan to along with the FRPP knuckle to toe bearing. Got to say, your list is similar to the path I am in though. At your point, I am wondering if it would be worth it to do those. If you like what you have, why mess with it

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD

Beat me to it! :headbang:

I have them installed. It will require you to adjust your adjustable shock values as it tightens the action of the trailing arm - eliminating its slop at the front bushing.

If you're happy with the car now, skip it until you reach its current limits.

Sponsored

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Pretty much the same setup, except I went with the Linear Sport Springs, as recommended by Rod. Definitely transformed the car into a handling machine. Now the weak spot is the stock PZero tires. I've only got about 7500 miles on them, so likely be next summer before I need to change.

I'm in Orlando, too.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Pretty much the same setup, except I went with the Linear Sport Springs, as recommended by Rod. Definitely transformed the car into a handling machine. Now the weak spot is the stock PZero tires. I've only got about 7500 miles on them, so likely be next summer before I need to change.

I'm in Orlando, too.
Yeah pirellis are a weak spot too. I think i might of seen you before. Are you in the lake nona area?

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Beat me to it! :headbang:

I have them installed. It will require you to adjust your adjustable shock values as it tightens the action of the trailing arm - eliminating its slop at the front bushing.

If you're happy with the car now, skip it until you reach its current limits.
I was contemplating on getting them done too, but haven't had the time lately to do those, i saved em for last just because it requires a lot. Did they make a significant difference for you?

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yeah pirellis are a weak spot too. I think i might of seen you before. Are you in the lake nona area?
Belle Isle, but I'm always in Nona to go to the VA hospital.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Alrightyyyyyy where to begin!

I have officially install all the steeda mods regarding suspension work. I will do a review with everything together and slowly mentioning each component.

When I first got the car I remember driving it into a corner hard and when it broke loose it was all over the place and unpredictable.

First modifications were to get rid of the dreaded wheel hop, I began with the differential bushings and IRS bushings and IRS alignment kit.

Those definitely helped to remove a lot of the wheel hop that came with the car. When launching the rear end felt very solid compared to stock.

The next group of upgrades were the IRS brace, K-member Brace, sway bars and billet sway bar mounts and the sway bar end links. These really tightened up the car all together, especially on handling a lot of the body roll and flex was eliminated allowing me to take corners much faster and more response to steering.

Once those were done, I proceeded with lowering the car with the adjustable shocks and progressive lowering springs, bump steer kit, Vertical Links, Camber Links, Toe Links, and camber caster plates. These group of parts here really transformed the vehicle. I knew that when lowering it the entire geometry would change so I decided to go all in and make sure everything can be adjusted properly for alignment.

Once I got the car back from alignment, the results were unbelievable. Whoever said mustangs cant handle are so wrong. From factory yes they are sloppy, but this is a vehicle that responds so well to upgrades that it completely transformed with all the modifications i did. The handling of the car is night and day. As far as handling is concerned I could not call it a mustang anymore. I had a friend get a ride in it, and the first the thing both him and I could think of is how similar it felt to a porsche as far as handling and the ride felt. The car has very little body roll, you throw it in the a corner and it becomes very forgiving of your mistakes, and allows you to correct with ease. The car warns you ahead of time before breaking loose. When it does break loose, it does it with smooth and predictable manner. Its as if it were a wild animal that now is tamed by its master and listens to your every command. Wheel hop is 99% eliminated. The launches are hard and really push you into the chair, the braking feels like super car like, it doesn't dip the front in and when braking hard it dips very small in but keeps complete posture allow you to break and maneuver quickly if needed. The ride from factory is not as smooth, but its still smooth considering all that's done to it. I could make a 2 hour drive in it and not feel sore or tired. Handling wise the car has become exactly what I want it to be a ultimate handling machine.

I have installed everything myself and if you guys have any questions dont be afraid to ask.

A BIG THANK YOU AND SHOUT OUT TO STEEDA AND THEIR CREW FOR THE AMAZING QUALITY PARTS AND EFFORT PUT INTO THEM!
I am off next to work on the drivetrain!
We appreciate your support & real/honest feedback as to the transformation of your car!

This makes it all worth while :clap2:

Enjoy the transformation.

Best Regards,
TJ

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt, 2008 Z06
I changed all of the following at once, what a difference. I was shocked the first time out. This car handles incredible.

Delrin cradle bushings
Solid aluminum dif bushings
Replaced LCA bushings
FTBR upper control arm, toe links, and vertical links
JRI adjustable coil overs 500R/450F
Eibach swaybars
Lowered 1 1/2"
Filled cradle with great stuff foam to help NVH

Absolute love it!!!!!

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I changed all of the following at once, what a difference. I was shocked the first time out. This car handles incredible.

Delrin cradle bushings
Solid aluminum dif bushings
Replaced LCA bushings
FTBR upper control arm, toe links, and vertical links
JRI adjustable coil overs 500R/450F
Eibach swaybars
Lowered 1 1/2"
Filled cradle with great stuff foam to help NVH

Absolute love it!!!!!

When you filled the cradle with great stuff foam, did that help a lot?
Sponsored