Sponsored

Officially in the market................

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
If that YouTuber kid can get one at MSRP someone else should be able to.
Sponsored

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
This thread is utter shit. No one cares about your C8 Leads or why you don't want to pay an ADM for a GT500. Either go find an MSRP deal or pay an ADM its quite simple. If you end up getting a C8 go find someone with a GT500 so you can see how the rear of the car looks.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
This thread is utter shit. No one cares about your C8 Leads or why you don't want to pay an ADM for a GT500. Either go find an MSRP deal or pay an ADM its quite simple. If you end up getting a C8 go find someone with a GT500 so you can see how the rear of the car looks.
I recommend starting from a dig, that way he sees the whole car. It's a good looking vehicle.

OP
OP

Snowwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2017 Expedition, 2019 Honda Civic
The C8 is a great car, but it is significantly slower than a C7Z from a roll and not even in the ballpark if we're talking laptimes. Just want to be realistic here.
They are close. This is a quote from Road and Track:

And yet the C8 laid down a blazing 2.8-second 0-to-60-mph run, absolutely crucifying the C7’s 3.9-second performance. Dropping nearly one-third of the time from an acceleration run with no additional power is possibly the biggest coup ever accomplished by an automaker since the miracle of harnessing combustion itself.That jaw-dropping result comes from the ultrashort gear ratios that Chevrolet chose for the Z51-package C8 to take advantage of the additional grip available on the mid-engine car’s rear tires. At full tilt, the shift from first to second occurs at just over 30 mph. Second maxes at 55 mph. The manual-transmission C7, for comparison, did 51 mph in first.

And to put the 2.8-second 0-60 in perspective, the quickest C7 we’ve ever tested was a 650-hp supercharged 2015 Z06 with the Z07 performance package and 8-speed automatic. It managed “only” a 3.0-second 0-60. In a drag race between the two cars, the Z06 wouldn’t pull ahead of the new C8 until right before the quarter-mile mark, which it reaches a mere tenth of a second ahead, albeit traveling 5 mph quicker.

OP
OP

Snowwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
Don't understand why some of you got your feathers ruffled. There are plenty of nice cars on the market and that includes the GT's as well as the Corvettes. Your right, I didn't understand the market. At first thought a GT500 could be purchased for below MSRP. Then realized even MSRP wasn't possible. My budget was low 70's and I even gave that a stretch to try and find a GT500 with the technology package for about $77k. I do not have the financial means to go above $77K. I'm fine with that.

So now I have a C8 on order and my deposit is 100% refundable up to the point the order is placed with GM. Its priced at MSRP and delivery is expected mid to late summer. But if by some miracle a GT500 comes along in my color and options for MSRP I'll buy it.

I'll leave now, no reason to listen to insults.
Cheers. And thanks to the people who were adults and appreciate all types of cars.

Sponsored

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
They are close. This is a quote from Road and Track:

And yet the C8 laid down a blazing 2.8-second 0-to-60-mph run, absolutely crucifying the C7’s 3.9-second performance. Dropping nearly one-third of the time from an acceleration run with no additional power is possibly the biggest coup ever accomplished by an automaker since the miracle of harnessing combustion itself.That jaw-dropping result comes from the ultrashort gear ratios that Chevrolet chose for the Z51-package C8 to take advantage of the additional grip available on the mid-engine car’s rear tires. At full tilt, the shift from first to second occurs at just over 30 mph. Second maxes at 55 mph. The manual-transmission C7, for comparison, did 51 mph in first.

And to put the 2.8-second 0-60 in perspective, the quickest C7 we’ve ever tested was a 650-hp supercharged 2015 Z06 with the Z07 performance package and 8-speed automatic. It managed “only” a 3.0-second 0-60. In a drag race between the two cars, the Z06 wouldn’t pull ahead of the new C8 until right before the quarter-mile mark, which it reaches a mere tenth of a second ahead, albeit traveling 5 mph quicker.
I hear ya. From a dig, C8 gets that incredible jump and wins. From a roll, no more advantage and horsepower takes over. The C8 lap times are not much faster than the C7, so it will be completely smoked by a C7Z on track day ( still waiting on the GT500 lap times, let's go magazines).

Since this a GT500 forum, I'll say the C8 owner better ask the GT500 to come to a complete stop before starting the race. :)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Snowwolf, you won't regret one penny you spend on that C8 by the way. It's a gorgeous car and very fast.
You dont happen to be a chevy salesman by chance? Business slow and trying to drum up a few sales?:)

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
You dont happen to be a chevy salesman by chance? Business slow and trying to drum up a few sales?:)
Heheh, I wish I could get those discounts. Enjoying being on here. Been a road race vette guy for the longest time. Now I'm enjoying camaro and mustangs being true alternatives performance wise. About to pull the trigger on a ZLE, so I'm on the GT500 forum possibly looking ahead at my trade in car in 2 or 3 years. Gotta see what that C8Z is going to do first though...

You guys are probably getting lots of new members these days with the crazy numbers the new stang is putting up. Very anxious to see if it will outlap the ZLE and if so, by how much. I bet a lot of people are.

Face76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I would suggest getting a 2019 Z06 since they are heavily discounted and wait out the GT500 for a year. The GT500 is a great car and will come more readily available in 12 - 18 months. Paying a $20k adm is tough to swallow but some can pay and many dealers charge them. We just bought a 2019 ZR1 for a $24k discount. Will see how it goes when the GT500's become more reasonable and make a decision.

The GT350 is the best deal right now if you want Ford as they can't give them away now. I was offered one at $7k off but it had Recaros and I do not fit.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Snowwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 is nice but to me its needs a refresh. I do not like the dash layout. Ford should change it to the current digital display you can buy on other Mustangs. Not much desire to own a manual. Been shifting gears for 50 years and getting tired of it. :yawn:

Face76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I understand. Our ZR1 is an auto 8 speed. I was told this weekend that forfeited C8 vettes are coming up pretty regular as people chicken out. Build is set though so you have to take what the previous customer ordered which doesn't make sense.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Don't understand why some of you got your feathers ruffled. There are plenty of nice cars on the market and that includes the GT's as well as the Corvettes. Your right, I didn't understand the market. At first thought a GT500 could be purchased for below MSRP. Then realized even MSRP wasn't possible. My budget was low 70's and I even gave that a stretch to try and find a GT500 with the technology package for about $77k. I do not have the financial means to go above $77K. I'm fine with that.

So now I have a C8 on order and my deposit is 100% refundable up to the point the order is placed with GM. Its priced at MSRP and delivery is expected mid to late summer. But if by some miracle a GT500 comes along in my color and options for MSRP I'll buy it.

I'll leave now, no reason to listen to insults.
Cheers. And thanks to the people who were adults and appreciate all types of cars.
Nothing wrong with your C8 it's a great performance vehicle. The only problem I see is when the Z06 is offered the base will be forgotten about, just like years past. Nobody ever refers to the C7 base it's always Z06 and ZR1.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
C8's are not even close to being sold out. Some dealers still have hundreds of allocations left at MSRP. Macmulkin still has almost 700 allocations left at MSRP. Granted you won't be getting a car for a bit and it might even be a 2021 model year due to the strike, but in calendar year 2020 it's still very easy to get a C8 at MSRP.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I would not touch a first year vette, specially with them switching to mid engine. Good luck with that. Maybe even 2nd year. I'd get 3rd year for sure.
Sponsored