Sponsored

OFFICIAL S550 Mustang Press Wallpapers Pics!

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
I'm soaking it in. Starting with it does appear to be trunk car, aka COUPE, right? No hatchback, but it sure looks fast like one. I love quick coupes especially if I can still call this a qwkcoupe #4 :headbang:

It looks like that rear glass is glued to the body, and the trunk opens at the bottom of the glass, down to the top of the bumper bottom of tail lights.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
DAT AZZ....

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
Its not officially launched for another 8 hours
For the 2010 they had a countdown website and teased images during the week. Then at midnight, you got a whole slate of videos and press photos.

Sponsored

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
Ditto my friend! I am salivating for the chassis engineering specs!

I've been what I consider _realistically_ ambitious about this car. So far its living up to it. I can't wait to hear the engineering and tech specs... especially on the new suspension and rigidity of the chassis.

Talisman39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
The HD pictures are definitely a big improvement, I've gone from semi-meh to liking it quite a lot. It looks like it's going to have a very nice presence on the road, a bit menacing, but sophisticated. Hard to tell how it compares height and width wise to the current model, but it seems lower and wider, which is good. The greenhouse is definitely more narrow - not as much of a letterbox as the Camaro, but narrower than today.

I'm really not sold on the rear end though. While I like the overall shape of the rear, the glossy black blank panel looks 1980's cheap, and the rear lights look odd. It's hard to tell from the photos what the shape of the lights is actually doing - it might be one of those thing when you see them in person and can walk around them then it makes sense, but in the photos they just don't do it for me. I also really want to see a photo of them lit up. The lights on the current Mustang are so cool and these seem like a big step back.

The interior is a bit of a mish-mash, but it could be one of those things again where you see it in person and it works. There's some interesting stuff going on and the touch screen is nicely integrated, and I've always been a fan of the circular air vents with the manual flaps ever since my dad's old Alfa Romeo had them :) . I don't like the rectangular badge on the passenger side dash though, looks cheesy.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
T-30 minutes until embargo end.

I repeat, T-30 minutes.
You won the competition for best name on this forum by the way. I'll be out of college in a year and a half and this car will be picked up shortly thereafter. I am so in love.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Best factory stance I've ever seen on a Mustang. Kudos, Ford!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol also loving the aviator glasses in the cockpit

Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost seems like they're pushing the airplane theme a bit when added with the toggle switches, cockpit layout, and rear facing hood intakes.
IMHO they can't push it too much for the 50th. The car was named after an airplane, p-51 mustang which was a beast in it's own right

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
IMHO they can't push it too much for the 50th. The car was named after an airplane, p-51 mustang which was a beast in it's own right
I agree, I've always wanted them to go with the airplane theme rather than the equestrian.