Sponsored

OFFICIAL S550 Mustang Press Wallpapers Pics!

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL

Ozymandias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Kona Blue BBP
I'm warming up to it big time but I hate the hood vents, they don't match the rest of the car at all. And I don't care for the GT spoiler.

tacamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 AC Cobra replica (Unique Motorcars)
These pics sure are a lot better than the C&D/Autoweek shots. Ford dealer here says orders accepted in April. Lots of questions remain: what's in the new Trac Pac is my bigge. Interior colors?

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
I've never really liked silver cars partially because there are so many. There are a TON of them in the DC area. Seems like 50% of our cars are silver. Anyway, this shot is totally badass with the black wheels/tires and blacked out window area of the car.

Sponsored

Gitter

Threads
Reaction score
It's rare that I like silver (too bland IMO), but the powerful lines of the sheet metal more than make up for what the color is not. "Elenor" was another one that looked good in silver thanks to the sheet metal (and the black accents here and there).

toysbyus

Threads
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the sequential rear turn lamps in operation? None of the videos seem to show them working.

I ask because the the Ford Licensing guys that showed our company (we license our RC cars from Ford) the advance images last Feb. in NYC at Javitts said that the rear lamps were going to be "interesting" in their evolution from the 2014s.....

They described a "waterfall" effect as well as the sequentials for turning.......

Steve

Fireball 22

Still plays with cars
Threads
Reaction score
Nice to view so many shots of the new car in a place where people appreciate it. Facebook is a hater's paradise. I love the new 'Stang.

Sponsored

Fireball 22

Still plays with cars
Threads
Reaction score

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
Yes - but only if you are willing to drop the big coin for the tech package (and maybe the PP as well)- otherwise you get this cheap looking mess which makes the BRZ interior look upscale:

2015 Mustang Underside-3.jpg

That will be OK for most. It looks like aftermarket double-din touchscreen receivers should integrate well. I'm sure it won't take long for the aftermarket to come up with some nice console panels.

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Yes - but only if you are willing to drop the big coin for the tech package (and maybe the PP as well)- otherwise you get this cheap looking mess which makes the BRZ interior look upscale...
Yours is one opinion. Here is another:

Cheap dashboard, poor cabin tech

Let's go ahead and get this out of the way, so that I can get on to gushing over how much I loved driving the BRZ: the entire dashboard experience is crap. The build quality is low and the best thing about the audio and navigation system is that it looks easy to remove and replace.

The dashboard itself is an eyesore, made of cheap, hard plastic that felt hollow when rapped with a fingertip. The buttons and knobs for climate control felt toylike and the silver plastic that covered much of the upper dashboard and center console buttons looked like it'd be fairly easily scratched off.

One could argue that a hollow plastic dashboard keeps the sports car's weight down, but it also makes the car feel flimsy. At one point, when removing a music-filled USB drive from the dashboard port, I pulled an entire panel loose -- the USB drive, on the other hand, was still firmly connected to the port. That the panel clips weren't stronger than the USB's grip is just ridiculous.
http://reviews.cnet.com/coupe-hatchback/2013-subaru-brz/4505-10867_7-35169639.html

In a third opinion (mine), even in entry-level form, the S550 interior looks better than that of the BRZ, the Camaro and a number of its other competitors. The Camaro cabin looks to me like it was done by someone who designs shelf stereos for Sanyo.

But that's just my opinion...

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Not sure I like that pattern on the "metal" cover on the top part of the dash... seems to only come with the performance pack? Is it some kind of carbon "look-a-like"? (never liked the carbon look)
Sponsored