2021 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I can offer some hard evidence (I think) that the Cup 2’s are a factor for HP cars…

My Cups (which are already stripped off the wheels and sold) had a DOT code of 3521, meaning they were molded the week of Aug 29. My car was built Sept 22. So there were only 3 weeks between the time the tires popped out of molding press, went through finishing, inspection, and packaging, were shipped to Flat Rock (from whatever country they are made in, even USA would make it tight), received at FR, and mounted and balanced before getting slapped onto my car.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
(from whatever country they are made in, even USA would make it tight)
They are US made, same for the narrower wheels that I have. For what it's worth, my tyres also have DOT preceding the build date only by about 6 weeks.

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
I can offer some hard evidence (I think) that the Cup 2’s are a factor for HP cars…

My Cups (which are already stripped off the wheels and sold) had a DOT code of 3521, meaning they were molded the week of Aug 29. My car was built Sept 22. So there were only 3 weeks between the time the tires popped out of molding press, went through finishing, inspection, and packaging, were shipped to Flat Rock (from whatever country they are made in, even USA would make it tight), received at FR, and mounted and balanced before getting slapped onto my car.
Good theory but it just shows that they're still using just in time delivery for parts. Just think of the amount of space that would take up at the plant if they stockpiled tires of that size.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
What I was suggesting is that even though Ford is working JIT, Michelin would not normally be cutting it so close with production. The last thing a supplier of JIT parts wants to do is to miss the shipping day, so they’d normally have product made more in advance to account for potential production issues.

Ty13r423

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RUSSELL
Vehicle(s)
ODYSSEY 2001, CRV 2017
Just called the dealership yesterday and told me that my build week was moved back from Nov to Dec 20. Order confirmation was on Mar 9. (Oxford White, 700A, HP) I really hope they can finish all 2021 Mach 1s before Jan 1st.

Aerodaves

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost (kid's)
Just called the dealership yesterday and told me that my build week was moved back from Nov to Dec 20. Order confirmation was on Mar 9. (Oxford White, 700A, HP) I really hope they can finish all 2021 Mach 1s before Jan 1st.
Damn you may hold the record for the longest wait on here. My order date was 5/17 and current build week is 12/6 and holding. You ordered 2+ months before me. I haven't gotten the bump to 12/27 yet but it is probably coming.

renwimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Damn you may hold the record for the longest wait on here. My order date was 5/17 and current build week is 12/6 and holding. Haven't gotten the bump to 12/27 yet but it is probably coming.
Yeah I thought we might hold that place with April 10 order date but I guess not!

Pardsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Mach 1
What I was suggesting is that even though Ford is working JIT, Michelin would not normally be cutting it so close with production. The last thing a supplier of JIT parts wants to do is to miss the shipping day, so they’d normally have product made more in advance to account for potential production issues.
Michelin doesn’t want to be sitting on them either.

Sponsored

jsullboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My build date has been pushed to beginning of December and my sales person says end of December for delivery. I told him that it has to be a 2021 and I will not accept a 2022. All this waiting has made me crazy. So crazy that I bought an S2000 to play with while I am waiting. Way different driving experience but unique and raw in its own way. Going to work on the S2000 and do some restoration over the winter while I wait for my Mach 1. Hoping my Mach 1 comes and I don't have to walk away.

mellow yellow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yeah I thought we might hold that place with April 10 order date but I guess not!
March 23rd here (UK) :frown:

I ordered Twister Orange, so I'm not interested in the 2022 model year
(Cyber Orange seems way too washed out to me). I was hoping that
having a VIN number would mean that my car is 'certain' to be built,
but reading the comments on here from you USA (and Canadian!) guys,
that doesn't seem to be the case...

Ty13r423

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RUSSELL
Vehicle(s)
ODYSSEY 2001, CRV 2017
Damn you may hold the record for the longest wait on here. My order date was 5/17 and current build week is 12/6 and holding. You ordered 2+ months before me. I haven't gotten the bump to 12/27 yet but it is probably coming.
Yeah, I guess I’m the most patient here so far 😁 I just hope that if ever my build date gets moved back to next year, that they would keep 480hp not the 2022 mach with 470hp.

Aerodaves

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost (kid's)
Anybody else reconsidering their Mach 1 after yesterday's bowtie release? https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/2023-corvette-z06

+$20K for +190hp when comparing a base Z06 to a loaded Mach 1. 8600rpm flat plane crank 32-valve DOHC V8, 2.6 sec 0-60, 186 mph top speed. :headbang:

If you're going to wait a year for a car, should it be this one instead?
Sponsored