2021 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius, 2016 Winnebago Era, 2021 GT500
The only bad thing is, the relief you feel upon receiving your VIN will be short lived as the real waiting then begins. You will initially experience feelings of excitement, followed by slowly increasing dread as you begin to understand how long this will really take. It then morphs into a brief period of acceptance, followed by mounting frustration. Frustration will become anger and then a feeling that something must be wrong with the order, since it could not possibly be taking this long unless there was a problem. At this point you will launch into a series of phone calls and emails to your dealer, Ford Customer Service, Ford Marketing, and Ford Performance trying to analyze the situation and come up with possible scenarios that would explain the delays. The communications will originally be professional but will become more and more deranged. All of these attempts will be neutralized by the other parties. You will then settle into a brief period of depression, followed by insanity, and finally apathy and a feeling that it will never actually arrive.

Then in Week 2…
Exactly...well said!
Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
The only bad thing is, the relief you feel upon receiving your VIN will be short lived as the real waiting then begins. You will initially experience feelings of excitement, followed by slowly increasing dread as you begin to understand how long this will really take. It then morphs into a brief period of acceptance, followed by mounting frustration. Frustration will become anger and then a feeling that something must be wrong with the order, since it could not possibly be taking this long unless there was a problem. At this point you will launch into a series of phone calls and emails to your dealer, Ford Customer Service, Ford Marketing, and Ford Performance trying to analyze the situation and come up with possible scenarios that would explain the delays. The communications will originally be professional but will become more and more deranged. All of these attempts will be neutralized by the other parties. You will then settle into a brief period of depression, followed by insanity, and finally apathy and a feeling that it will never actually arrive.

Then in Week 2…
I mean I'm young(ish) at 36, but at the pace it's taking I'm trying to plan if I should just pay for this with my 401k.....

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Good news, despite having to deal with the aftermath of Hurricane Ida, no emails from ford delaying my order. I am now less than 6 weeks from build week!

f2e524d1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969/2021 Mustang Mach 1
Good news, despite having to deal with the aftermath of Hurricane Ida, no emails from ford delaying my order. I am now less than 6 weeks from build week!
Good to hear, on both counts.

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Then in Week 2…
Ha ha, I have made the same mistake. Received my VIN in April, then sawing people placing orders after my original build date and receiving their cars before my ever moving new build date. At one point I realized I must be a really special case and my car probably will have some unique features for which it must take it so long. I am just hoping those unique features will rather be on the good side 😁.

One side is however much easier here. There is no one to call, so I can fully appreciate the solitude of waiting without being distracted by the outside noise.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Ha ha, I have made the same mistake. Received my VIN in April, then sawing people placing orders after my original build date and receiving their cars before my ever moving new build date. At one point I realized I must be a really special case and my car probably will have some unique features for which it must take it so long. I am just hoping those unique features will rather be on the good side 😁.

One side is however much easier here. There is no one to call, so I can fully appreciate the solitude of waiting without being distracted by the outside noise.
Maybe you’ll get lucky and they will run out of coyotes and be forced to drop a gt500 5.2 in there :cwl:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

Then in Week 2…
Wow. Your description is accurate as it is amusing! What’s really funny about it is that it sounds like a psychology white paper on marketing. This could be used as a case study. See Mike? You’re a case to have a study about. 😅
I can’t say you don’t live and breathe this stuff. There is comedy in misery. Sometimes.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Wow. Your description is accurate as it is amusing! What’s really funny about it is that it sounds like a psychology white paper on marketing. This could be used as a case study. See Mike? You’re a case to have a study about. 😅
I can’t say you don’t live and breathe this stuff. There is comedy in misery. Sometimes.
Honestly at this point I don’t even know if I want the car as much as I want the wait to be over. I think after finally getting it I’ll be like well wow, feels just like my GT… anticlimactic.

j.footit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 HP
hahaha that is hilarious. I also have come so close to just saying F it a few times and getting something else. The only way I could stop doing that was buying several parts and having them shipped up to Jay at granger. Now I'm in too deep. Doesn't make the wait any easier, but at least I don't have the illusion of choice anymore (unless I want to forfeit a few thousand dollars). It's so stupid too, because it really IS the car I want.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Honestly at this point I don’t even know if I want the car as much as I want the wait to be over. I think after finally getting it I’ll be like well wow, feels just like my GT… anticlimactic.
That’s because you’ve exhausted yourself. Go have a beer, sit in the garage and listen to some music. They say it’ll be worth it. :like:

Sponsored

cprime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caelan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Order confirmation: 8/24
Priority Code: 10
Estimated Build Date: N/A
Options: Race Red, A10, 600A, HP, Red Calipers, Recaro Cloth Seats
Shipped Date: N/A
Received Date: N/A

1 week in, still waiting for the VIN

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
hahaha that is hilarious. I also have come so close to just saying F it a few times and getting something else. The only way I could stop doing that was buying several parts and having them shipped up to Jay at granger. Now I'm in too deep. Doesn't make the wait any easier, but at least I don't have the illusion of choice anymore (unless I want to forfeit a few thousand dollars). It's so stupid too, because it really IS the car I want.
Ok, curious on parts you're having shipped to Jay? I was going to reach out to him at some point as I will be switching out tires and would like Ford Performance hood supports added...probably will have a cover shipped there for the ride home as well. Is that the kind of thing you're sending? And yes, it will give me the illusion that I'm doing something to make things happen faster;-)

j.footit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 HP
Ok, curious on parts you're having shipped to Jay? I was going to reach out to him at some point as I will be switching out tires and would like Ford Performance hood supports added...probably will have a cover shipped there for the ride home as well. Is that the kind of thing you're sending? And yes, it will give me the illusion that I'm doing something to make things happen faster;-)
corsa double h pipe, got a custom steering wheel getting made and then shipped up there, catch can, and will have him do a few other things there in shop before i pick it up. combined with a deposit, I've already invested enough to quell the ADHD demons lol

Groovy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 700A Tremec Oxford White
Order confirmation: 4-03
Priority Code: 19
Estimated Build Date: first June 7. latest July 28
Options: Oxford White, M6, 700A, Magnetic wheels, Elite, red calipers, Navigation
In Production 7/28
Built 8/1
Shipped Date: 8/13
Dealer Received Date: 8/23
I received it 8/30 and drove it from Iowa to Texas 764 miles
Home today. YEA!

IMG_2543.jpg

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
corsa double h pipe, got a custom steering wheel getting made and then shipped up there, catch can, and will have him do a few other things there in shop before i pick it up. combined with a deposit, I've already invested enough to quell the ADHD demons lol
That’s awesome…I mostly want to get it covered with PPF & Ceramic before I take it X-Country home, but will get the hood lifts on, really should come with them…a little hood kick stand seems out of place!
Sponsored