dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Dave - Both happy and sad.

Happy that you finally got your dream car!

Sad because now that you've taken delivery this site will be a lot quieter!

:clap: / :crying:
Thanks Randy!
The car is incredible and I plan on staying around and blab-away for quite some time. There are quite a few good folks on here that have bonded while we jointly trudged through Shelby hell waiting for delivery.
I plan on posting some photos once I finish dialing in the paint.

I just finished installing the individual SHELBY letters on the front splitter. I was going to intentionally and temporarily put the letters on to read: S H E B L Y, but I did not want to take a chance of damaging them... would have made for a great photo...!!! Oh, it was the wife's idea also!
Sponsored

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Thanks Randy!
The car is incredible and I plan on staying around and blab-away for quite some time. There are quite a few good folks on here that have bonded while we jointly trudged through Shelby hell waiting for delivery.
I plan on posting some photos once I finish dialing in the paint.

I just finished installing the individual SHELBY letters on the front splitter. I was going to intentionally and temporarily put the letters on to read: S H E B L Y, but I did not want to take a chance of damaging them... would have made for a great photo...!!! Oh, it was the wife's idea also!
Get some pics up man!

Also, how do you install those vinyl stickers? I feel like a moron...I cannot figure out how they work! I need to install the front letters and the steering wheel stripe, but its just sitting because I cant figure it out. :cwl:

Do you know of a good video? I looked and it couldnt find anything, prob bc I dont know enough about it to search correctly. lol

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Also, how do you install those vinyl stickers? I feel like a moron...I cannot figure out how they work! I need to install the front letters and the steering wheel stripe, but its just sitting because I cant figure it out. :cwl:

Do you know of a good video? I looked and it couldnt find anything, prob bc I dont know enough about it to search correctly. lol
Did you buy them from Zimcraft?

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Get some pics up man!

#1. Clean the splitter indentations thoroughly with alcohol on a Q-tip
#2. Do not consume coffee
#3. Do not consume alcohol (not related to Q-tip variety)
#4. Don't allow six minutes to do the job because there are six letters
#5. Peel off the backing (like a sticker) and C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y align tiny, sticky :curse::curse::curse: vinyl letters with the corresponding indentation
#6. I started at a center point and worked out to the edges, gently pushing with a Q-tip (because I have fat fingers) to adhere letter to splitter as you peel off the clear plastic
#7. Start with the "H" or the "L" - the "S" is the :devil::devil::devil:
#8. If you don't push too firmly, and it's crooked, you can pull it back up G-E-N-T-L-Y with a tweezers or the tip of a knife blade
#9. When it is perfect go over the entire letter with your Q-tip exerting moderate pressure to ensure adhesion, gently chase out any air bubbles with the Q-tip or a microfiber cloth
#10. When you are done, wipe sweat from your eyes :whew::whew::whew: and admire your handiwork while :beer::beer::beer: heavily

Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
Get some pics up man!

Here is a pretty good video. I personally didn’t purchase all of the recommended supplies but the overall process worked well for me. Third time installing letters and this video was very helpful.

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Here is a pretty good video. I personally didn’t purchase all of the recommended supplies but the overall process worked well for me. Third time installing letters and this video was very helpful.

Thanks buddy! I really appreciate that. Did you use the 3M sealant stuff? Not sure if thats overkill, but seems like it.

I'll get mine done this weekend, then update pictures.

Last edited:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
New Owner who can FINALLY post vehicle data on this thread...!!!!!

2019 GT350
Ford Performance Blue
2 Options - White Stripes & Gas Guzzler Tax
Chassis #: K2503

IMG_3981[236].jpg

I spent 12.5 glorious hours getting the paint dialed in... there is no better "bonding" with a new vehicle.
I had the dealer leave ALL of the plastic on and gave instructions NOT to wash it!
I found 3 defects in the paint. but I can live with them. I do NOT want their body shop trying to make it look right. They may get it right, but if they don't, I'll have to fix their defect repair which may be even more difficult.
I borrowed some of Matt Moreman's techniques with some modification in getting the paint "dialed in"... Thanks Matt (i.e. Money2536), aka "Obsessed Garage".
Paint correction results:

hood1.jpg

hood2.jpg

View attachment 390086 View attachment 390086

hood3.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Geez, it is about time! What took so long? *ducking*

Depending on the lighting, Performance Blue and Velocity Blue have a similar look. Both were on my list. It appears performance Blue is also a pearl?

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I spent 12.5 glorious hours getting the paint dialed in... there is no better "bonding" with a new vehicle.
I had the dealer leave ALL of the plastic on and gave instructions NOT to wash it!
I found 3 defects in the paint. but I can live with them. I do NOT want their body shop trying to make it look right. The may get it right, but if they don't, I'll have to fix their defect repair which may be even more difficult.
I borrowed some of Matt Moreman's techniques with some modification in getting the paint "dialed in"... Thanks Matt (i.e. Money2536), aka "Obsessed Garage".
Paint looks excellent!! Of course, Performance Blue with white stripes adds +27hp so, hard to go wrong there...:like:

(...and MAGA!)

Sponsored

Lilpwnie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT350
New Owner who can FINALLY post vehicle data on this thread...!!!!!

2019 GT350
Ford Performance Blue
2 Options - White Stripes & Gas Guzzler Tax
Chassis #: K2503

IMG_3981[236].jpg

I found 3 defects in the paint. but I can live with them. I do NOT want their body shop trying to make it look right. The may get it right, but if they don't, I'll have to fix their defect repair which may be even more difficult.

hood1.jpg

hood2.jpg

View attachment 390086 View attachment 390086

hood3.jpg
Wow!!! That is friggin nice!! Now it's my favorite color. Dang it....

Congrats and thanks for showing.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
This vehicle is as much fun to drive as EVERYONE has raved about... unbelievable!
I enjoy driving it more than that Cayman seen in the last photo in the post above.
Sure, the Cayman's handling is much, much crisper, quicker and flatter; the Cayman is quicker 0-60; the Cayman has a higher top speed, the Cayman gets more looks due to its exclusivity... but I still like driving the Shelby more. Not because it's new, but because the Porsche looks like it wants to have a conversation with you about compression ratios; the Shelby looks like it wants to beat you over the head with your own legs!
(*** The prior humorous line was somewhat stolen***)
The Cayman is a PDK, which is partially why it's quicker 0-60; it also weighs in around 3000 lbs with a center of gravity about a foot below the pavement (exageration of CG height). The lack of a manual and the lack of the VooDoo's Flat Plane Crank exhaust note was the game changer for me. Ford did a great job getting this car to handle like it does... I'm impressed and I love it. It will never handle like a mid-engine sports car, and I was not expecting it to be as crisp in the corners as the Porsche. But they sure came close, and they have made unbelievable strides in handling since I last drove my 2003 Cobra.
I bought a $65,000 exhaust system with a Mustang attached!
GREAT JOB FORD...!!!!
(Now deliver Marks 2019 Kona Blue Shelby to him already!!!!!)

Last edited:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Paint looks excellent!! Of course, Performance Blue with white stripes adds +27hp so, hard to go wrong there...:like:

(...and MAGA!)
Thanks... it was a real pleasure working on the new paint. I will have to agree about the correct paint choice. I was a little unsure I would like it in person since the photos I took of a Performance Blue in a dealer with minimal lighting made the color look like a dark lavender. It is light sensitive as far a what shade it looks like, but I absolutely love my choice now!
I wasn't going to mention the flag in the reflection... good catch!

Lilpwnie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT350
This vehicle is as much fun to drive as EVERYONE has raved about... unbelievable!
I enjoy driving it more than that Cayman seen in the last photo in the post above.
Sure, the Cayman's handling is much, much crisper, quicker and flatter; the Cayman is quicker 0-60; the Cayman has a higher top speed, the Cayman gets more looks due to its exclusivity... but I still like driving the Shelby more. Not because it's new, but because the Porsche looks like it wants to have a conversation with you about compression ratios; the Shelby looks like it wants to beat you over the head with your own legs!
(*** The prior humorous line was somewhat stolen***)
The Cayman is a PDK, which is partially why it's quicker 0-60; it also weighs in around 3000 lbs with a center of gravity about a foot below the pavement (exageration). The lack of a manual and the lack of the VooDoo's Flat Plane Crank exhaust note was the game changer for me.Ford did a great job getting this car to handle like it does... I'm impressed and I love it. It will never handle like a mid-engine sports car, and I was not expecting it to be as crisp in the corners as the Porsche. But they sure came close, and they have made unbelievable strides in handling since I last drove my 2003 Cobra.
I bought a $65,000 exhaust system with a Mustang attached!
GREAT JOB FORD...!!!!
(Now deliver Marks 2019 Kona Blue Shelby to him already!!!!!)
I whole heartedly agree. Hence the reason I got 4 doors on my golden crested VW. ;-)

Rock on Flat Rock.. Merica!!!

IronSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Thanks... it was a real pleasure working on the new paint. I will have to agree about the correct paint choice. I was a little unsure I would like it in person since the photos I took of a Performance Blue in a dealer with minimal lighting made the color look like a dark lavender. It is light sensitive as far a what shade it looks like, but I absolutely love my choice now!
I wasn't going to mention the flag in the reflection... good catch!
Def light sensitive, and its awesome!

Same on not being sure I was gonna like it until I actually saw it....now I like it in many different shades, depending on where its sitting.
Sponsored