honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You're getting shafted and forced to a pay markup? That's bs man. I'd fight for them to remove that ADM
Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
My order was placed in May of 2015 in plenty of time to get an early build. After months of I don't know's from the dealer I finally got word it was scheduled to build in March 2016. Well the clock kept running after that with dealer I don't knows about delivery. Ford handled the ordering process and distribution of accurate information very poorly.
I have the same sentiment. Very frustrating process.

I don't pretend to understand all the process, but I have learned
  • Each allocation has tentative quarter slot allocation
  • After that, there seem to be numerous unseen perturbations to an orderly execution of that schedule
  • Appears from my interchange on the 16, that the dealer manager interfacing with the zone rep to get each allocation a specific date slot is more of a negotiation than a simple scheduling process. If he is not pulling for you, you keep sliding back.

Trying to get a date slot for my 17 and trying to understand this right now.

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Start pushing your dealer and especially the regional rep. Worked for me....

jma406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350,1962 406 S/S,64 Falcon B/FX, BOSS KK1215
Well now I don't feel so bad, but I am still furious how my 2016 white with blue stripes GT350R model with the electronics package order was handled. My order was placed in May of 2015 in plenty of time to get an early build. After months of I don't know's from the dealer I finally got word it was scheduled to build in March 2016. Well the clock kept running after that with dealer I don't knows about delivery.

Finally 4 days ago I get a call from my salesman. Good news and bad news. No one knows how my order got trashed or reallocated to some other dealers order, but mine was gone. :shrug: The salesman told me they made desparate production manager and who knows who else phone calls. They some how were able to squeeze out a yellow one with black stripes (with a early VIN number), else I would now have to wait until 2017 production started to get what I originally ordered, and BTW pricing (so they say) on those was going to go up. :frusty:

I had my heart set on a white with blue stripes one namely because that combination was more iconic to the original 65 / 66 Shelby Mustangs, rather than all these other sporty colors.

So besides the timely delivery and color fiasco, here I am paying a very large dealer markup.

JMHO but I think Ford handled the ordering process and distribution of accurate information very poorly.
The same thing happened to me. I ordered 10/14/15 from a dealer who was in the Shelby program with an allocation. I found out two weeks ago the car would not be built. It was most likely the Area Rep. did a dirty deal with another dealer (you take 10 F150s and I will give you a Shelby allocation, that HAS been happening). I reordered a 2017 from another dealer at MSRP and he is going to take my sad story all the way to the top to try and get me an early car.

Sponsored

Slideshow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
GT350 with Electronics Package

Chassis G2658
Oxford White with Blue Over the Top Stripes
Produced 2/2 arrived 4/1
image.jpeg

GT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 991.1 GT3
GT350R with Electronics Package
Chassis GR084
Magnetic Metallic with Black over-the roof stripes[/ATTACH]
1462810048.image.jpeg

Attachments

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
GT350R order fiasco

Got mine a couple days ago from Peoria Ford AZ. This was a relatively smooth and pleasing backup plan. Oxford white with blue over the top racing stripes and the full electronics package. This dealer pretty pricey.

I originally had one ordered from Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas. A $5,000 deposit was made in May of last year. This is correct, last year. After bugging them until earlier this month, they finally came thru with some news. They can't get my car, but claimed they begged factory for a car and got a yellow one. Well I ordered a White one. They are placing blame on the area rep. With a signed and sealed deal, nearly a year ago i highly doubt the area rep could unallocate a signed deal. Smelling a rat, I think they found a buyer willing to pay more and bumped me off the waiting list.

So I let my fingers do the walking and found what I wanted at Peoria Ford AZ:ford:. I had to pay more dealer dash there, but if I was going to get one I had to pony up.

I am pleased with what I got. But there is resentment towards Ford Motor Company as to how did a May 2015 Order get so screwed up? I have chassis 257 now and should have had a much earlier one (<100) had some form of corruption not happened.

Moving on, the bitterness is now behind me and its time to play. Looking at the Mojave Mile.

Sponsored

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
Radboss sorry for all your troubles trying to get this awesome car.

Just so you know I ordered my car in May of last year also and finally received mine on December 14th. I'm telling you this because my chassis # is 252. So in all honesty you might have gotten a lower # or maybe a higher one???

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Got mine a couple days ago from Peoria Ford AZ. This was a relatively smooth and pleasing backup plan. Oxford white with blue over the top racing stripes and the full electronics package. This dealer pretty pricey.

I originally had one ordered from Gaudin Ford in Las Vegas. A $5,000 deposit was made in May of last year. This is correct, last year. After bugging them until earlier this month, they finally came thru with some news. They can't get my car, but claimed they begged factory for a car and got a yellow one. Well I ordered a White one. They are placing blame on the area rep. With a signed and sealed deal, nearly a year ago i highly doubt the area rep could unallocate a signed deal. Smelling a rat, I think they found a buyer willing to pay more and bumped me off the waiting list.

So I let my fingers do the walking and found what I wanted at Peoria Ford AZ:ford:. I had to pay more dealer dash there, but if I was going to get one I had to pony up.

I am pleased with what I got. But there is resentment towards Ford Motor Company as to how did a May 2015 Order get so screwed up? I have chassis 257 now and should have had a much earlier one (<100) had some form of corruption not happened.

Moving on, the bitterness is now behind me and its time to play. Looking at the Mojave Mile.
I bet I know the name of said rat.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E

yea, peoria ford is really pricey and i dont trust them myself. been there a few times and never could get a decent deal. i bought from the competition in AZ, Bell Ford and i got a great deal from how i feel about them. we have bought many from them and now ordered a 17 GT to replace our 15 Ecoboost. I love my 16 GT350 they let me order, the first one even. ordered in june and received on christmas eve. chassis 0431. Enjoy that car, i do everyday!

RadBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 BOSS302, 29 Model A Roadster
Each day gets better as I learn more about the cars features and capability. Its gonna be hard to not put miles on it.

On the chassis number I wonder if they have a big box they throw the dash tags in and pull them out randomly. The sequential numbers seem to be all over the place.

Mystery to me is there is only one label on the car that shows its an R?

Clutch pedal feel is strange. I have had experience with multi disks in the past, but on this car the pedal resistance feels lighter the further the travel, on the other side, brake pedal movement is very tight. You wouldn't want to sneeze while braking :-)

In any event, the car is a winner in my book.

Last edited:

MADGREEK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD SHELBY GT 350R
Just pick up a 2016 FORD SHELBY GT 350R
GR289
Magnetic
Ebony W/Red Accents

(don't know how to post pictures on this site)
Sponsored