Sponsored

Official GT350/R Mustang Owners Registry

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I'm a driving instructor and racer, and time will tell if I "should have" been a bit more deliberate and searched for or ordered a track pack version, but since I have no immediate plans to make this a primary track car (lapping days for sure, though) I don't think there's a wrong move here.
Welcome! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the car once you've had a chance to put a few miles on it! Congrats on a beautiful car!
Sponsored

SixSpdCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
see signature
2016 GT350
Tech Pack
RR, White OTT

Ordered 8/19
Built 11/13
Delivered 11/21

First IN car on here?
20160103_113857-2.jpg
20160103_114023.jpg

Last edited:

ddub68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
2016 GT350 Tech
Magnetic Black Roof Black OTT stripes
Chassis G1775 Semper Fi!

Last edited:

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Here's my first post to say "Hello!" I'm the proud owner of a 2016 GT350, DIB with white stripes, tech package. I've attached a pic I snapped just before driving this awesome machine home. The car is simply gorgeous! Ok, it's really bad-ass . . .

I've been shopping Mustangs for about five years, and finally decided that with the GT350, my wait was over. I literally walked into the dealership the day after I saw that it had one on the floor, and made the deal. I traded out of a heavily modified Subaru BRZ--an excellent driver's car!--and haven't looked back. The BRZ was essentially the same DIB color, so you can see its a color I am very, very fond of. But, other than the color, there's little point in comparing these two cars.

I'm a driving instructor and racer, and time will tell if I "should have" been a bit more deliberate and searched for or ordered a track pack version, but since I have no immediate plans to make this a primary track car (lapping days for sure, though) I don't think there's a wrong move here. Plus, with some of the difficulties with getting orders processed, and the giant impulse buy this was, the tech pack is what was available.

Now for some clear weather and salt-free roads . . .
Congrats! Wish I could find a dealer I could give my 60k to in Cali but they all want 10k over. Enjoy man, I hope to have one of these posts soon.

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Congrats! Wish I could find a dealer I could give my 60k to in Cali but they all want 10k over. Enjoy man, I hope to have one of these posts soon.
I wish I had some secret sauce answer to offer, but it was literally an unplanned move. I know the dealer well, and that may have helped with the numbers, but the opportunity was simply there for anyone's taking. So, I jumped . . .

Patience, perseverance, willingness to spend $350 or so on a plane ticket . . .

Sponsored

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Welcome! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the car once you've had a chance to put a few miles on it! Congrats on a beautiful car!
I have only about 100 break-in miles so far, and no time at all coming close to stretching her legs, but here are my initial, very limited impressions:

This is an awesome GT car. It is comfortable, quiet (strange comment, no?), serene, always composed and just an absolutely gorgeous piece of design. I foresee no problems whatsoever driving long distances, and happily carving some pavement along the way.

Lest anyone think I secretly wanted a quiet Caddy or something, the exhaust is intoxicating and addictive. The smooth progression of rpms, power and that exhaust note is something I really hope I never tire of.

On to the mechanics . . . There's considerable isolation from the road, which I consider a huge bonus as I wanted this to be a good daily driver. But, you can feel its moves and there is plenty of feedback once you get used to how the suspension and chassis talks to you. This is a package that wants to do everything with style and competence, not bloody knuckles.

When you start to open her up the car does not take on a different character, it simply starts working at a higher level that is absolutely engaging. It is very precise, predictable and controllable. Again, I have not driven it to the limits of the PSS tires or the suspension--which probably has a higher limit than I'm likely to explore any time soon.

The car is not soft, it is fluid in a way that does credit to the Ford engineers. I've had track time in a new Z28, which I consider to be a war hammer, and was constantly amazed how well that car works on track. We'll see how the GT350 compares under my guidance, but I suspect it will be more of a sword to the Z's bludgeoning performance. I will also say that I've always preferred the basic ride quality and feel of a Mustang, even the solid axle versions, over any Camaro I've driven. This isn't a Ford v Chevy thing, it's just me.

So, those are my initial and still very general impressions. I cannot wait to get some more seat time.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I wish I had some secret sauce answer to offer, but it was literally an unplanned move. I know the dealer well, and that may have helped with the numbers, but the opportunity was simply there for anyone's taking. So, I jumped . . .

Patience, perseverance, willingness to spend $350 or so on a plane ticket . . .
Yup, ready for all that patience is not my strong point but I am doing my best. :frusty:

ddub68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
2016 GT350, base
Oxford White, blue stripes
Chassis 2034
Delivered, 01/20/16
image.jpg

Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
If anyone wants to sell one of their posters PM me. I would love to have one for my garage. Probably will be the closest to me ever having a GT350 in there haha.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name