Official Ford Sync3 3.4 Release

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2018 Lexus IS300 F Sport
I have never seen that list of apps, can you explain how you got that display? Thanks!
From the Home Screen click on apps, then click on SiriusXM Travel Link and then swipe to the right and you will see the subscription info icon. Click on that and you will see your subscriptions

31A6F118-5E66-4C01-837A-7ABECF2ED2AB.jpeg

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
From the Home Screen click on apps, then click on SiriusXM Travel Link and then swipe to the right and you will see the subscription info icon. Click on that and you will see your subscriptions

31A6F118-5E66-4C01-837A-7ABECF2ED2AB.jpeg
Thank you Sir!

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' FFH, 20' FE
I'm downloading it now. It's a decent size file. Of course, we have no idea what the changes are.
Repurpose post from another forum:

As is typical, when the voice pack is rev'd there are numerous new commands added, like 'go home', that folks are trying to use but don't work in older releases. Other quality of life items like re-wording a prompt to be more helpful, added error catches (like trying to launch CP/AA by voice which the system doesn't support), or directing the system to a new path to improve the UX.

Other items are fixes or improvements for ~1,000 names for better recognition, fixes for contacts stored with emojis where it may not have generated all the correct variants, added flexibility for recognizing commands like 'call mom' if a contact is stored as 'mom & dad' or 'mom / dad' in the phonebook. These would need a phonebook update to trigger. Easiest method is to update a contact on the phone, or re-pair.

If you've run into the scenario of having a partial map update with the missing nav voice pack, you'll now get an error prompt telling you to complete the map update if it detects that it's missing. This shouldn't hit anything other than 19MY that were on v3.2/3.3 as it was prone to this problem of early USB removal. Shouldn't is the operative word, but now there's something baked in to tell you if it can't find the data it needs for the Nav VR commands.

For our overseas friends, there are also improvements for recognition of the generic Nav commands, especially ANZ. This is on top of the obvious SXM TL fix, and the other fixes for phone echo and AA can't hear in calls from the prior release. I'm sure there's plenty more, I just don't keep track of those. :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just finished the update. No issues and no XML. file. What a surprise. Also see no differences on the front end so I presume it was another backend update.

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Repurpose post from another forum:

As is typical, when the voice pack is rev'd there are numerous new commands added, like 'go home', that folks are trying to use but don't work in older releases. Other quality of life items like re-wording a prompt to be more helpful, added error catches (like trying to launch CP/AA by voice which the system doesn't support), or directing the system to a new path to improve the UX.

Other items are fixes or improvements for ~1,000 names for better recognition, fixes for contacts stored with emojis where it may not have generated all the correct variants, added flexibility for recognizing commands like 'call mom' if a contact is stored as 'mom & dad' or 'mom / dad' in the phonebook. These would need a phonebook update to trigger. Easiest method is to update a contact on the phone, or re-pair.

If you've run into the scenario of having a partial map update with the missing nav voice pack, you'll now get an error prompt telling you to complete the map update if it detects that it's missing. This shouldn't hit anything other than 19MY that were on v3.2/3.3 as it was prone to this problem of early USB removal. Shouldn't is the operative word, but now there's something baked in to tell you if it can't find the data it needs for the Nav VR commands.

For our overseas friends, there are also improvements for recognition of the generic Nav commands, especially ANZ. This is on top of the obvious SXM TL fix, and the other fixes for phone echo and AA can't hear in calls from the prior release. I'm sure there's plenty more, I just don't keep track of those. :)
Thank you for proving this information to us. Have a great day!

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I updated yesterday on my commute home from work. No hitches. The only difference this time around, was that I did not need to "re-pair" my phone back to Radio, which involves parking the bar, and performing this process.

Last edited:

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
I've run the update off my USB stick several times. But when I got home yesterday and again today it said that it was downloading an update on my wifi. Never got the xml file on my usb after getting the upload complete message on the car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I've run the update off my USB stick several times. But when I got home yesterday and again today it said that it was downloading an update on my wifi. Never got the xml file on my usb after getting the upload complete message on the car.
If you are doing updates via USB turn off automatic updates. Also it seems none of us got the xml file so don’t sweat it. 👍

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' FFH, 20' FE
If you have Nav that could be the updated Nav Voice pack.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
I just downloaded the "New" Sync maps. 12 gig
The main folder under sync32.zip is named: 19Q1_NA_Post-3.2_2ndRelease
All the *.tar.gz files have a date of 12/10/2019
This looks like an old release to me, that was moved to production servers by mistake.

Does anyone else have this problem? @UofMEngineer

I copied everything to a USB drive, but I have not attempted to install/upgrade.
Note, my upgrade this week to Sync v3.4.21194 went fine, with no problems.

Last edited:

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
so what the new maps version number supposed to be now?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' FFH, 20' FE
I just downloaded the "New" Sync maps. 12 gig
The main folder under sync32.zip is named: 19Q1_NA_Post-3.2_2ndRelease
All the *.tar.gz files have a date of 12/10/2019
This looks like an old release to me, that was moved to production servers by mistake.

Does anyone else have this problem? @UofMEngineer

I copied everything to a USB drive, but I have not attempted to install/upgrade.
Note, my upgrade this week to Sync v3.4.21194 went fine, with no problems.
Hmm. It should be 20Q2 now if they actually did update the map. Last year there was an ALOM problem with right data/right license when they initially rolled it out. I’ll see if I can pull it for one of my cars when I get a chance and see what it sends.

EDIT: Well, it won't serve me an update for mine, probably as I have both on the latest maps already and they're connected so it's up-to-date in the system. I'll ping the right people to look into it with ALOM.

Last edited:

213 - Auto Mafia Racing