ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The alignment dowels and bushing support along with the brace is a great starting point, you may not need anything further! I had the funds so did the verticals as well at the same time.
I was following what a lot of others on this forum were saying, and Steeda's website was very helpful as well!
Thanx for taking the time to answer my questions. :)
Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Hey, looking for photos of a staggered Apex set up, or, any photo of a wheel 19x9 ET34 on a Mustang.

19x9" ET34 x 19x10" ET40

Full use case: I've got a Mach 1 with the factory MPS4S tires that I'd like to reuse. The factory rims are 19 x 9.5 and 19 x 10. The Mach 1 has the front calipers from a performance pack mustang.

Thank you!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey, looking for photos of a staggered Apex set up, or, any photo of a wheel 19x9 ET34 on a Mustang.

19x9" ET34 x 19x10" ET40

Full use case: I've got a Mach 1 with the factory MPS4S tires that I'd like to reuse. The factory rims are 19 x 9.5 and 19 x 10. The Mach 1 has the front calipers from a performance pack mustang.

Thank you!
Hi, I looked through our database and couldn't find any S550s with the 19x9 up front unfortunately. The good news is the 19x9" ET34 and 19x10" ET40 sit fairly similar to each other on the outside, with the 9" wheel being about 1/4" more tucked in than the 10".

Here's a couple pictures of 19x10" ET40 all around

33500170931_f733a70abb_b.jpg

33472763662_0646ca1176_b.jpg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

19x9" ET34 x 19x10" ET40

Thank you!
you can run the factory front tires on a 10” wheel too, no need to step down to a 9” wheel, why not got square wheels with your current tires?

OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
you can run the factory front tires on a 10” wheel too, no need to step down to a 9” wheel, why not got square wheels with your current tires?
They have 255s up front I believe, which I would put on the 9" personally. 255 on a 10" works, but man it's stretched especially for just street use.

However this does bring up a good point, if you do ever plan to upgrade tire sizes, the 10" will certainly be a better solution in that regard. 275-285 all around works great on these cars and doesn't require any mods.

Sponsored

Fordohio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WIlliam
Vehicle(s)
73 F100 20 Mustang GT
Do you have any pics with the Motorsport Gold? Even if it isnt a Mustang that would be great. Looks super light in the only picture I can find.

OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do you have any pics with the Motorsport Gold? Even if it isnt a Mustang that would be great. Looks super light in the only picture I can find.
Motorsport Gold will not be offered for Mustang fitments, but yes it is very light gold. Some consider it champagne colored. We don't have any full wheel shots of it yet except for the render that you likely are referring to.

m4t3y

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matej
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP1
Hello Cory,
I understand asking a question related to fitment for non-Apex wheels is somewhat rude on a Apex thread but I am gonna hope for forgiveness for hijacking the thread and ask anyway 🙈

First let me say that I have been a fan of Apex wheels for a long time (from back in the days when I wanted BMW and was drooling over those e92 with ARC8 18inch setups) and would love to have them on my recently purchased 2016 GT PP1 but the only way to get them in Europe is via Steeda.eu and the 19inch setup is over 2500 usd + shipping which is sadly over my current budget with all the other stuff I need to get for my new car.

The Apex wheel fitment guide has been an invaluable resource in my serach for a daily square setup and really appreciate what Apex is doing for the community.

I am looking for a street only (maybe I'll do some trackday in future, but most likely just some skid control academy which is on wet surface) daily setup with some decent sidewall for our crappy roads
I don't want to use any spacer or camber plates, extended studs or steering bump stops (the mustang turning circle is already bad enough). I am on stock PP1 suspension and don't plan to lower my car (at least for now), I want a more comfort oriented daily setup for our bad roads but want to improve the turn-in of the slightly nose heavy car and mitigate some of the safe understeer with the stock staggered setup and being able to rotate tires would be a nice benefit too

So I want a square rotatable setup with the highest possible offset (same on all wheels) that would allow me to safely run any 275/40/19 tires up front (so I want a safe strut clearance to not be worried if my tires of choice run wide or not) - again no spacers or camber.
ideally I was thinking of going square 285/40/19 but I think it would probably rub on full lock and since it's not very popular size I couldn't find evidence that it would fit so I have "settled" for 275/40/19 (still kinda thinking of first getting two 285/40 and test fit them and use them for rear if they rub in the front)
was originally even considering 18" setup with 275/45/18 but decided I can probably live with some meatier 19s and will look nicer
also in 275/45/18 there is only the Bridgestone Potenza Sport and nothing else decent I can get here from the new tire models so I don't want to find out 2 years later that I have no tire options in the size I would go 18s for in the first place and having invested in 2 sets of wheels (need winter set too) so that is putting me off as well from going 18s
275/40/19 being OEM PP1 tire and OEM EU Mustang tire at least somewhat ensures there will be some decent UHP summer tire and winter tire available for few years to come

What et would you suggest? I can get wheels with custom et anywhere between 25 to 40 which were confirmed by the manufacturer to clear the Bremebos in 19x9.5 et40 (even their 18x9.5 et38 clears them to my big surprise)

I was thinking 19x9.5 et40 (I prefer a little bulge or square look, hate stretched looks) but some of the strut clearance photos here leave me a little worried about the strut clearance (yes I've read the whole thread)
Should I maybe go 38 or even 35? On the other hand I want the highest possible "front safe" offset to have the rear wheels sticking out as less as possible.

In my country I can't legally run any wheel size/offset and tire I want without TUV certificate like you folks in US can, but I have some contacts to have them "legalized" ;o]
Still I would like something that looks belivable to be OEM-like so it has to be max flush or little sunken, no visible camber, no spacers or any other visible modifications (except maybe a fender roll)

The wheel I want to get is a flow formed wheel with great price to weight ratio (even little lighter then Apex wheels) and would cost me about 350 usd per wheel
If I were in US I would probably get the Apex EC7 (at the sale price it's good value for a proven quality wheel) but being in Europe I just can't justify the EU markup price when I can get decent wheels for more then a grand less ;o[

Hope you would be kind enough to share some of your fitment experince and give me an advice.
Many thanks
Matt

Last edited:
OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hello Cory,
I understand asking a question related to fitment for non-Apex wheels is somewhat rude on a Apex thread but I am gonna hope for forgiveness for hijacking the thread and ask anyway 🙈
Hey Matt, I would just copy the same offset we do for 9.5" wheels, which is ET35. Assuming that wheel design clears the Brembo brakes it'll be near the fender lip both front and rear with 275s.

m4t3y

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matej
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP1
thanks a lot for your reply 😊

is there an actual reason for going 35 instead of 40?
isn't that et used on 9.5" wheels just for cosmetic reasons to achieve more flushness look?

I don't care "that much" for looks but if the et35 will still work well with the fender clearance I might do that for more strut clearance (although I still don't have high hopes for running 285/40 tires in front due to wheel well clearance in full lock)

the et35 would still look ok in the back imo, my current setup in the rear is 305/30/20 on 20x10 et48 and not totally flush so I guess I can get away with the rear sticking out 3mm more when on 285 tires (even less with 275 tires)

Last edited:

Sponsored

m4t3y

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matej
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP1
btw could you please, being a fitment expert, also clear one thing for me?
I am still not sure if I fully understanding how the offset affect wheel well tire rubbing

but I assume when thinking the pivot point of the wheel/tire:

at zero offset (pivot point is at the perfect centre of the wheel/tire) both the inner and outer edge would start rubbing at the same (opposing) steering angle (assuming the clearance is the same on both the inner and outer side of the wheel well

at higher negative (or lower positive) offset the outer edge of the tire will start to rub at lower steering angle than on lower negative (higher positive) offset
at higher positive (or lower negative) offset the inner edge of the tire will start to rub at lower steering angle than on lower positive (higher negative) offset

i.e. if the car is rubbing on the front wheel on the outer edge going more towards positive offset would improve the clearance for the outer edge rubbing (and decrease the clearance for the inner edge)
i.e. if et35 wheel rubs on the outer edge, et40 might not rub (or rub at higher steering angle)

is my undestanding correct?
in that sense et35 would be more prone to outer tire edge rubbing then et40 wheel which is where I've seen the 285/35/20 on 20x10 et40 rub (the 285/35/20 is 708mm diameter and 285/40/19 is 711mm so 1.5mm less clearance in full lock for the outer edge of tire)
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/285-35-r20-square.109315/post-3185412

even the most advanced tire size calculators I know don't explain that, btw this is my favourite one to use
https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...-19X9.5ET30&fcl=50mm&scl=50mm&wcl=30mm&sr=0mm

Last edited:
OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
btw could you please, being a fitment expert, also clear one thing for me?
I am still not sure if I fully understanding how the offset affect wheel well tire rubbing
You're really over thinking it to be honest. At the end of the day, 19x9.5" ET35 isn't going to rub anywhere with a 275 wide tire on it. That's why we use that offset, because it simply works.

m4t3y

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matej
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP1
I was just curious 😆

anyway many thanks for your advice, I asked for a guaranteed safe offset that will work with any 275 tires and got my answer

probably won't be able to fit 285/40 up front no matter what offset I choose (and not interested in 285/35) so I migh as well stop torturing myself and be happy with the square 275/40 setup, it looks pretty good to me
https://www.fitmentindustries.com/w...ford-mustang-esr-sr07-steeda-lowering-springs

and I don't want to derail this thread any more 🙊

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
Hi @ApexRaceParts what is the purpose of a group buy instead of just buying a set by myself? How do I find out about group buys? Do you have any pictures of a mustang lowered 1.5" on 18x11 or 19x11 square setup? Any fitment issues? Also, if I bought wheels from someone 2nd hand, but new in the box, would I still qualify for 50% off replacement wheels if I ruined mine? Or is that a non transferrable deal? Sorry lots of questions haha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Apex Wheels

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi @ApexRaceParts what is the purpose of a group buy instead of just buying a set by myself? How do I find out about group buys?
Group Buys are limited time promotions we run on a particular SKU/market. They generally only happen once a year but tend to offer larger savings than traditional sales might. We advertise them right here on the forums, on social media, and on our website. We run the group buys, so there is no real difference in the purchasing process. But again they are limited throughout the year and there will be no more Group Buys until next spring.

Do you have any pictures of a mustang lowered 1.5" on 18x11 or 19x11 square setup? Any fitment issues?
If you follow the setup we recommend in the fitment guide, you won't have any issues. Here's a link to the S550 guide for you: https://support.apexraceparts.com/h...5483093-S550-Mustang-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide

Additionally, here is our entire database of S550 photos. In the description, it will say what setup they are running: https://www.flickr.com/photos/apexraceparts/albums/72157675013062284

Also, if I bought wheels from someone 2nd hand, but new in the box, would I still qualify for 50% off replacement wheels if I ruined mine? Or is that a non transferrable deal?
To qualify for the replacement program (50%), they need to be purchased from us directly or an authorized dealer. You can view the full terms and conditions here: https://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-wheel-replacement-program
Sponsored