Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

Ken F. Williams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT # K0750 / Harley Davidson V-Rod / Lincoln MKX
I can see painting the center bar body color
Yes, that could be painted the colour of the body but why should one have to do that to make the front grill look semi okay.
Just doesn't look like a Mustang from the front.
Sponsored

Ken F. Williams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenardo
Vehicle(s)
Looks awesome! :like:

Love the Red Hot and black stripes. Interesting that the normal GT500 (non Carbon Track Pack) comes with the old GT350 Track Pack spoiler and not the new one from the 2019 GT350. Also, nice to see that the white and black seats from the GT350R concept car have found their way into the GT500.

Disappointed that the pricing and HP/Torque figures haven't been announced.
You are soooo RIGHT!!!
Why no HP or Torque or Top Speed numbers???
Why does the brass at Ford screw around like this??????
It takes them forever to come out with a car to kick the crap out of Dodge and Chev and then they Mickey Mouse around.
Soooooooooooo NOT impressed with their marketing.
They need a lot of help.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
You know how it goes BmacIL. I have the utmost confidence that the rods will be as light as possible while still maintaining the minimum Factor of Safety that Ford deems necessary. It'll be interesting to see what rod and main bearings are used and if any are carry over or all new.

@Epiphany,
Not to change the subject.... What is your view when it comes to Tremec in GT 500, in comparison to 7DCL750?
So you are asking about a comparison regarding the GT500's Tremec DCT vs the GT's Getrag DCT, yes?

Right off the bat, the Getrag unit is available at a cost of $32,324. Or only $27,624 if you turn in a core.
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...sion-costs-up-to-32324-to-replace-130104.html

The Tremec unit will undoubtedly be less expensive but at this point nobody knows how much. I think we can all agree that in a general sense it will likely be more than most have ever paid for a given transmission in a motor vehicle before. Suddenly, those extended warranties have become much more appealing I would assume.

Beyond that, I'd like to wait and see exactly what specification the Tremec DCT is released with. The ancient pdf's on Tremec's website won't likely be the same as the way the production units are configured. Until then, it is difficult to compare in terms of how robust one is versus the other as well as typical service costs. Most likely, everything GT related is going to be quite a bit higher. My hope is that these units get picked up by other manufacturers quickly (configured to their own needs of course) and that costs can indeed come down. I'd like to see GM equip the ZL1 with a similar unit and soon. Because if everyone skips this choice and sticks with a 10-speed auto (for example) this is going to be a rather expensive transmission to maintain with the passage of time. Major kudos to Ford for gambling on it and I hope it pays off. Tremec obviously feels it will what with their new Wixom, Michigan facility that is dedicated to producing these transmissions.

Reactions: H6G

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
YES, of course it does!!!
It's a no brainer.
Who screwed this one up ???
More people are influenced to buy something that's different (newer in their mind) than are put off enough to NOT buy if similar to current/previous look. In this case almost no harm no foul since it is very easy to paint it. How many Mustang fans would pass on a GT500 because they had to paint the bar to suit their tastes?

Sponsored

Ken F. Williams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenardo
Vehicle(s)
More people are influenced to buy something that's different (newer in their mind) than are put off enough to NOT buy if similar to current/previous look. In this case almost no harm no foul since it is very easy to paint it. How many Mustang fans would pass on a GT500 because they had to paint the bar to suit their tastes?
YES, me !!!
I also don't like the all too plain white stripe on the side. It should say GT500
The back wing should come out of the back lid like a Porsche
There should also be side air scoops for the back brakes
Just Sayin

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You know how it goes BmacIL. I have the utmost confidence that the rods will be as light as possible while still maintaining the minimum Factor of Safety that Ford deems necessary. It'll be interesting to see what rod and main bearings are used and if any are carry over or all new.

So you are asking about a comparison regarding the GT500's Tremec DCT vs the GT's Getrag DCT, yes?

Right off the bat, the Getrag unit is available at a cost of $32,324. Or only $27,624 if you turn in a core.
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...sion-costs-up-to-32324-to-replace-130104.html

The Tremec unit will undoubtedly be less expensive but at this point nobody knows how much. I think we can all agree that in a general sense it will likely be more than most have ever paid for a given transmission in a motor vehicle before. Suddenly, those extended warranties have become much more appealing I would assume.

Beyond that, I'd like to wait and see exactly what specification the Tremec DCT is released with. The ancient pdf's on Tremec's website won't likely be the same as the way the production units are configured. Until then, it is difficult to compare in terms of how robust one is versus the other as well as typical service costs. Most likely, everything GT related is going to be quite a bit higher. My hope is that these units get picked up by other manufacturers quickly (configured to their own needs of course) and that costs can indeed come down. I'd like to see GM equip the ZL1 with a similar unit and soon. Because if everyone skips this choice and sticks with a 10-speed auto (for example) this is going to be a rather expensive transmission to maintain with the passage of time. Major kudos to Ford for gambling on it and I hope it pays off. Tremec obviously feels it will what with their new Wixom, Michigan facility that is dedicated to producing these transmissions.

A gamble that is worth taking.... and Ford realizes it.
I’m sure they take notice of other manufacturers that develop cars with class-leading performance, grip and handling. And with technological level of integration these cars offer, a manual transmission would only reduce their performance capabilities....

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You are soooo RIGHT!!!
Why no HP or Torque or Top Speed numbers???
Why does the brass at Ford screw around like this??????
It takes them forever to come out with a car to kick the crap out of Dodge and Chev and then they Mickey Mouse around.
Soooooooooooo NOT impressed with their marketing.
They need a lot of help.
Maybe you missed the memo but after speaking with Carl Widman yesterday how and why would Ford publish horsepower, torque or top speed numbers when they are still trying to extract more from this engine and will continue to do so over the next ~7 months.

It is obvious that you either don't stay up to date or pay attention to the development of this car or just can't comprehend the intent of what Ford is trying to do prior to the launch of this car sometime this Fall.

:sunglasses:

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
That 80" touch screen might be a bit big for the dash.

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
The new GT500 is being displayed this week at the Phoenix Open golf tournament of all places.

upload_2019-2-1_16-7-45.png
upload_2019-2-1_16-9-55.png
upload_2019-2-1_16-9-41.png
upload_2019-2-1_16-9-28.png
upload_2019-2-1_16-9-13.png
upload_2019-2-1_16-8-51.png

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Because generally people at golf tourneys have a good amount of disposable income.

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looks freaky in orange. I'm sure it would look better with the bumper painted orange as well. If I ever get one it will absolutely have to be black with no stripes.

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
These photos were sent to me from someone at the tournament, said it look much better in person than in pictures

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, pics are DEFINITELY not flattering, but I doubt seeing it in person will make a significant difference, as it's just a slightly modified version of the face that we've all been seeing for quite a while

But LORD ALMIGHTY I WANT THAT WING. Here's to hoping someone makes some risers for it, it's a touch too low to the trunk, but the shape of the wing itself is gorgeous

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Here's to hoping someone makes some risers for it, it's a touch too low to the trunk, but the shape of the wing itself is gorgeous
Having spent last year surrounded by GT4 Mustangs that is pretty much how I feel as well. Just a hair higher would have been perfect.
Sponsored