Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
Point being. To run 9's with a Demon isn't as simple as you think. To run sub 11's with the GT500, IS as simple as you think. Demon is excellent at one thing, MUSTANGS are very good at everything.
Sorry for derailing, but it just irks me when the trolls say "well the Demon runs 9's". Big. Fkn. Deal.
Secret to the Dodge Demon's Record Setting 9.65 Quarter Mile Revealed
go and look at that video,they used all types of glue to get that time.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get it, people will bitch no matter what they made it look like, added, didn't add or what have you. Buy it or don't just shut the hell up would you???

I love it and I will own it. That said I don't think the nailed it 100%, but its an unbelievable car and one I will be extremely happy to own.

We are lucky to have cars of this caliber and I for one am grateful.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Correct, the Dodge Demon is an ultra heavy strait line bomber... so why are you attempting to compare it to a track car..? Nobody cares exactly how fast it goes stock down the strip, because ANY car can go that fast if you are not worried about braking, or steering, or center of gravity, etc.

10 Year old Mustangs w/turbo can go quicker than the Demon in a strait line. But you'll never get the demon to be agile... hence, mullet.
The zl1 is a nice car.

The 500 just spanks it.

No shame in that. It’s the way it’s always been.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
The GT500 is clearly an answer to the ZL1 and 1LE, and in this regard it will probably succeed and narrowly surpass it in terms of performance. Not a big fan of the over-wrought front end and the GT4 spoiler looks too low for what it is, but if the goal was to have a worthy FI contender with the comparable Camaros, think Ford will accomplish this mission. Given how much this has been talked about for ~4 years, will say this reveal/release is anti-climactic, with no where near the surprises when the GT350 came out (FPC, CF Wheels, high revving, exhaust sound). Wonder why it took so long to develop the GT500?

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
I love that they're building this car.
It's awesome so many people are interested in it.
It needs to be offered with a manual transmission.

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
The GT500 is clearly an answer to the ZL1 and 1LE, and in this regard it will probably succeed and narrowly surpass it in terms of performance.

Not a big fan of the over-wrought front end and the GT4 spoiler looks too low for what it is, but if the goal was to have a worthy FI contender with the comparable Camaros, think Ford will accomplish this mission. Given how much this has been talked about for ~4 years, will say this reveal/release is anti-climactic, with no where near the surprises when the GT350 came out (FPC, CF Wheels, high revving, exhaust sound). Wonder why it took so long to develop the GT500?

Yep. I'm sure it will beat the ZL1 when it hits the track.

However, the 1LE package is amazing. One of the best track cars in the world. 7:16 at the ring. I think the GT350R got 7:32?

But there is a rumor of GM putting the ZR1 engine (755HP) into a Special Edition ZL1 Camaro for 2020, that will be a Beast.

GM gave carte blanche to every car line to be competitive with any parts they have available. It's no longer the Vette has to win.

So Ford better enjoy the next 12-18 months or so till the 1LE comes with the 755HP engine. It's game over.

All I know is all 3 Automakers are fighting in the same Arena, let the best one survive. :rockon:

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
end of the day ford outsells them both

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
I am truly surprised that no one mentioned the part that says the GT500 pulls more lateral g force than any previous Mustang. I have no doubt that it will need the carbon pack with the pilot sport cup 2 tyres to to that. What has worried me after watching the 6 min.drive video, is the huge drop in rpm from 1st to 2nd gear. It looked like 7,500 down to 4,500; with a slow pick up of rpm in 2nd. Any thoughts on that ?!
Sponsored