Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Yolo... how well did the Dodge Demon do on the Nurburgring ..? (How well does it track..?)

Please understand that the Demon is an utter joke for a "performance" car and is for guys with Mullets & little peepee's, who want to pretend their race car drivers. If you want a "drag car" then get a 2019 Ford Mustang CobraJet... it does 1320 feet in about 8 seconds.

Have zero clue what you are rambling on about, but "Demon" is a laughing stock of a sportscar.
The Dodge Demon is an amazing car for what it is designed to do, go Fast for 1320 feet. No turns, no road course.

Who said the Demon is a "sportscar?" It's a Muscle Car, period.
Sponsored

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Yolo... how well did the Dodge Demon do on the Nurburgring ..? (How well does it track..?)

Please understand that the Demon is an utter joke for a "performance" car and is for guys with Mullets & little peepee's, who want to pretend their race car drivers. If you want a "drag car" then get a 2019 Ford Mustang CobraJet... it does 1320 feet in about 8 seconds.

Have zero clue what you are rambling on about, but "Demon" is a laughing stock of a sportscar.
The Dodge Demon is an amazing car for what it is designed to do, go Fast for 1320 feet. No turns, no road course.

Who said the Demon is a "sportscar?" It's a Muscle Car, period.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It looks amazing but damn that car as shown is going to be an easy $100k with no ADMs
Dealers are going to have a hay-day with additional markups.

Ford did a great job in it from what I'm seeing so far.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It looks amazing but damn that car as shown is going to be an easy $100k with no ADMs

Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06

I think it’ll depend largely on what the MSRP is. The higher the MSRP gets I think the quicker they’ll be getting sold at MSRP and through the ADM period. Buyers aren’t suddenly paying huge ADMS on a non limited production car if it’s 90-100k. The number of buyers/potential starts dropping pretty quickly as you near 100k. My guess is starting MSRP is around 75-78k.

rumble

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt pp 1999 gt convt
Diddy, i want to ride the pony!

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
The center console area is a bit mix and matchy. It doesn’t flow too wel, hope they fix that for release.

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
I certainly hope not. The '14 GT500 had an MSRP of $55K and a new ZL1 starts at $64k (a quick search shows tons of new ZL1's available UNDER $60k). Pricing it $20k more than the last model and $11k more than the ZL1 MSRP would be sales suicide. Hell, I can't even get a ZL1 over $72k, checking every option...

I say the retail price STARTS around $75K.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
I could care less about HP numbers as I do Performance times.

Sub 3.5 seconds and under 11 seconds in the 1320 are the norm today. We have 4 door sedans and SUVs doing these numbers.

Weight, handling and having a Manual shifter are more important to me.

No American car is going to beat the Dodge Demon, period. That car is designed for one reason only, to get 1320 feet as fast as possible. Not 1321, or 1350 feet, but 1320.

Nearly impossible for a Front-Engine, RWD car to get under 10.00 with street tires. Even the Demon has Drag tires.

With all the hype and delay, I was expecting this car to go 3.3 and 10.6. My C7 Z06 betters these numbers already, and it's 5 model years old.

The New Corvette C8 with Mid-Engine is going to be the next American supercar. Look at the times Porsche gets with mid-engines. 3.5 and under with a 4 cylinder, 325HP.

They're talking 800HP with the top of the line C8. V8 Twin Turbo with DCT, mid-engine. 2.5 and near 10.2 wouldn't surprise me at all.
Then keep your C7 and STFU, troll.

Zebra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GT500
Well I wasn't as blow away as I had hoped after the wait.

Front end got some nice upgrades and looks like it took a few lessons from the ZL1. Love the adjustable rear spoiler, but other than that the entire rear end is just the same stuff.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Finally home from Cobo. Couldn’t post from in the hall. Signals were weaker than usual. Anyway, my thoughts on the car and the reveal...

• Car gets an A. Even though we really didn’t get to learn much more about it then we did going in.
  • Press Conference gets a C. The Explorer part of the press conference gets a B. The GT500 part of the press conference was a D at best. Talking to the Ford people after the conference was a C...maybe a B
I had two disappointments about the car. During the the press conference, they brought out several earlier gens of the GT500. But they didn’t leave them out. The other disappointment has to do with the car itself. the “shifter” is a dial instead of a floor mounted shifter. I would have expected a floor mounted shifter for the DCT.

What I did learn from listening in on an interview that American Muscle did with the head of Ford Performance is that the 5.2SC is more differentiated from the 5.2 Voodoo than I had expected. Totally different heads, valves, seals, PFI only (no dual fuel injection). The Cup 2 tires, the rear wing, and the exposed CF are the biggest difference between the “standard” model and the Track Pack.