Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
That’s interesting.

He was just driving both packages on the street and hardly noticed a difference.

Carl said a track like VIR is required to truly notice the differences of the carbon track pack.
Noticed that too. I would love to have the CF wheels for show and tell but I could live without them or the CF wing as the standard looks decent. The base wheels don't really do that much for me but I doubt I'd be in the mood to run out and spend more on a set of high end aftermarket ones and have another set of stock wheels taking up room in my garage....if and when I could get ahold of one of these cars.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
Another reason why that speed phony kid is annoying.
I never realized being part of the "Shebby Lifestyle" meant making sh!t up left and right as clickbait.
So far he's told us the exact weight, exact HP, exact MSRP, and the reason why the base car will have an optional 6 speed manual....and been wrong about all of them.:facepalm:

But hey give him some credit when he tries to explain why his Daddy's 1000HP SuperSnake is a better car than the new GT500...

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I unfollowed these videos - total waste of time and IMO, what will ruin it for REAL content providers.

So he made up the MSRP video so that he could make another video about how it was wrong.... sad.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
"The GT500 carries a lightweight, strong and fully adjustable Carbon Fiber rear wing (also known as track wing). With that said, here comes amazing part, the wing adjusts the position according to the road (like – if the driver turns right at higher speeds, the wing automatically bends more to the right direction) which makes it more dynamic and adds more downforce at higher speeds. This technology is generally used in F1 cars, and Ford has done a remarkable job by applying this technology to a street legal muscle car."

Mustang-GT4-Track-Wing.jpg

https://throttlebias.com/performance-vehicles/2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-specs-features-pics/

Where the f*** did this BS come from?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
What a joke.

#Fake news

Standman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chrysler 300 SRT8
"The GT500 carries a lightweight, strong and fully adjustable Carbon Fiber rear wing (also known as track wing). With that said, here comes amazing part, the wing adjusts the position according to the road (like – if the driver turns right at higher speeds, the wing automatically bends more to the right direction) which makes it more dynamic and adds more downforce at higher speeds. This technology is generally used in F1 cars, and Ford has done a remarkable job by applying this technology to a street legal muscle car."

Where the f*** did this BS come from?
Ford WAS working on this amazing technology, but abandoned the program, because when they put the car in reverse, the rear wheels lifted off of the ground, breaking traction.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Hmmmmm 210+ MPH huh lmao.
Oh and carbon fiber splitter wickers lol.

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Is just called flexible active aero but I genuinely doubt the rear wing can do it. F1 cars use it but is very restrictive. The weaker the wing, the more it will bend under load to reduce drag but the more it can fail.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Is just called flexible active aero but I genuinely doubt the rear wing can do it. F1 cars use it but is very restrictive. The weaker the wing, the more it will bend under load to reduce drag but the more it can fail.
There is no active aero on a Ford.

The Porsche has it on the $200,000 dual turbo models. It's called the PAA:

Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA)
All 911 Turbo models feature active aerodynamics – as a combination of a multi-stage adjustable front spoiler and a rear spoiler. The front spoiler, which is made from a flexible, pneumatic elastomer, and the rear spoiler will extend and retract synchronously in three positions.
Sponsored