Official 2020 GT500 brochure!

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My guess is the car starts at $75k but with optinos etc will go as high as $90k then add on dealer mark up.
I want one and will get one for sure. But I want Guard Green.............. I'll probably have to get black and then wrap it.
I don't want any wing on it either.
Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
at least 80k....120-150 because dealers.

i wish consumer would form a no adm coalition and not buy a single fricking one just to say f you to dealers.
I would actually go buy a $130K to $150K car. This car is going be great, but it’s not going to be that great.

@Epiphany carbonrev just makes the wheels right? The other carbon bits are sourced elsewhere, correct?

You already see the changes you mention to how other manufacturers are getting carbon finished differently. Another level of car, but Lambo has no issue sourcing carbon bits, or at least doesn’t seem to. McLaren, etc. Yes, not a mass produced car, but they are pushing them out as fast they can. I think Porsche has carbonrev wheels available for 2019 as well...might be off on that, but I think they’re coming.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
electronics wise, good to see the inclusion of 12-inch digital cluster, B&O 12-speaker system and Cobra puddle lamps.:crazy: i wonder if the other safety features introduced on MY18 models like LKAS, Adaptive cruise control, etc. made it. I really wish they changed the design of DRLs and tail lights at least if not the whole headlight design, it kinda looks outdated now

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Oh I just can't wait for the power figures to be released in about 4 months time. :eyeroll

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Looks good, but it doesn't make me feel like I want to trade my R for it. Now if I could add it and keep the R, that would be ideal. :)
Why don't you?

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
It looks nice but damn, Thats going to be an easy $85k+ car if its coming with a bunch of carbon fiber parts and DCT. Thats wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my price range

DerekSmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
GT 6MT, Falcon FGX XR6 Ute & Focus ST
love how they kept the headlights angled up at the guards like the S550 2015 model (pre face lift) the current face lift look angling down looks shit

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Oh, I got the point, I just don't believe it. What's next? Carbon fiber caliper studs (joking of course).

Tomorrow I guess....
Sadly, if you extend the argument into the near future (for me anyway), this becomes a discussion regarding lightweighting electric/hybrid combinations as these petrol dinosaurs are slowly phased out. The claim is being made now that 2018 was peak production for gas engine vehicles and and the decline has now begun. Just when we finally figured everything out too.

Caliper studs...I have waited very patiently for all of this. The 2020 GT500 front Brembo will be a radial mount caliper. The knuckle has apparently been revised and is now referred to as a "high trail" unit for improved steering response. The rotor is larger in diameter. And GT500 owners will get to participate at the Ford Racing School. All of which means the wife will have to get cracking in developing some new studs. I sense they won't be composite though.:)

I would actually go buy a $130K to $150K car. This car is going be great, but it’s not going to be that great.

@Epiphany carbonrev just makes the wheels right? The other carbon bits are sourced elsewhere, correct?

You already see the changes you mention to how other manufacturers are getting carbon finished differently. Another level of car, but Lambo has no issue sourcing carbon bits, or at least doesn’t seem to. McLaren, etc. Yes, not a mass produced car, but they are pushing them out as fast they can. I think Porsche has carbonrev wheels available for 2019 as well...might be off on that, but I think they’re coming.
Magna interiors/exteriors plays a key role here in terms of where this unique and lightweight hardware will come from. At this point CR's only contribution comes in the form of their CF wheels. The wild card is the rear (optional Track Pack) spoiler. I have seen nothing in terms of where it is coming from. I don't think Ford is limited to Multimatic in this case but I'd love to see them tapped once again for this piece.

Reactions: _M_

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
All of which means the wife will have to get cracking in developing some new studs.
Thank your wife for me please. Although my wife is a great lawyer, I wouldn't let her near my brakes.

Hmm....

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Fantastic.

Figured if it was a DCT that would be the __only__ transmission (and everything would be designed around the single option, like the GT-R).

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I WANT TO KNOW NUMBERS!!!!!! HP, TORQUE, 0-60, 1/4 MILE, VIR TIMES PLEASE!!!!!
I am not even sure numbers will be released tomorrow. It seems that over the past decade or two, manufacturers have held those numbers pretty close to the vest because they don't want another company jumping them by a few HP right before the release. I suspect the soonest we will get those numbers will be 1-2 months before delivery of the first vehicles. I suspect the most they will commit to is "above X" for HP, Y for torque, and 1/4 mile better then Z speed and AB.C time

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I already have 2 specialty cars and the other car is a keeper over the R. That and I need a bigger garage or a lift.
Oh, sorry, I thought I saw a hole in that new garage.

C0BRA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind there was confusion with the 2019 GT350 brochure as people were thinking that the carbon fiber wheel option would be available on the regular 350’s and not just the R..
The brochure for the 2019 GT350 does list exposed carbon fiber on the inside though. Maybe that's where the confusion came in. Doesn't mean that Carbon Revolution will be the only source. I am guessing this will be one VERY expensive Mustang especially if they are making more use of carbon fiber.
Sponsored