Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Lol. Bragging about their fiesta ST in a mustang forum. #cringe.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
I'd love to have a Fiesta ST or a Focus RS if I had the extra dough. I prefer the Fiesta as it is smaller, though. I wish Ford would put the RS drive train into the Fiesta. Smaller car, less weight, more acceleration! I also really wish Ford would produce ergonomic options on those cars. The F-150 and Mustang are designed more for larger man-sized people, but I have found the Fiesta and Focus to be uncomfortable, as if Ford assumes only smaller people are interested in small cars.
That's one thing I thought I would miss about the Mustang, all the room but the car fits me well. Those Recaro's are just perfect. If there was a Fiesta RS I wouldn't even think twice about buying one.
Hardly trying to brag, but just pointing out that these cars are far more than just some cheap boring hatch like many make them out to be. I left my ST test drive smiling more than I did a GT PP. I'm all about the whole RWD V8 manual thing and always will be, but I haven't missed it yet. There's something to be said about being able to redline third gear without risking jail time.

Cars like these are important to the line up, I'm sure I am far from the only ST owner looking to upgrade when the right Mustang comes along. It was hard to justify a 2017 GT when the 18's have some options I've really been looking forward to.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
And...........are those black wheels not what we thought were the Ecoboost PP wheel?

attachment.png

Still waiting to see these fitted to an '18......my favourites so far, I think! :)

attachment.png

Sponsored

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
I post to you to support your comment at the same time stick up for the ST love... I sold my procharged big bore 01 cobra and bought a lifted diesel truck, I went form that to my 15 Focus ST.. I really really really like my Focus ST, but I dont think ill ever love it. I wont be happy until i'm back in a v8 rwd car. Im very anxiously awaiting the 25th to see my options on a 2018 so I can make a decision on what my focus will be replaced with in the next 6 months.

The ST is like the ultimate DD, its amazingly entertaining to drive. Handles like a beast, is a handful at full throttle with the massive torque steer, but... its not my cobra. Once youve DD a car that makes 600+ hp youre kinda scarred for life IMHO. So I get the ST bragging, they are phenomenal little cars. If I could swing it, id buy a new GT premium spec'd the way I want, and DD the ST and be a perfect pair.

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
That's one thing I thought I would miss about the Mustang, all the room but the car fits me well. Those Recaro's are just perfect. If there was a Fiesta RS I wouldn't even think twice about buying one.

Hardly trying to brag, but just pointing out that these cars are far more than just some cheap boring hatch like many make them out to be. I left my ST test drive smiling more than I did a GT PP. I'm all about the whole RWD V8 manual thing and always will be, but I haven't missed it yet. There's something to be said about being able to redline third gear without risking jail time.

Cars like these are important to the line up, I'm sure I am far from the only ST owner looking to upgrade when the right Mustang comes along. It was hard to justify a 2017 GT when the 18's have some options I've really been looking forward to.
Im with you on the ST love buddy... however, after 2 years, the desire to be back in v8 power has overwhelmed me once again. My car made 350 tq and 259hp on the dyno and thats decent power in this platform, but Im very much looking forward to being in a car that will rev AND pull to high rpms. The stock turbo on our cars falls on its butt at 5500 :-(

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
And...........are those black wheels not what we thought were the Ecoboost PP wheel?

Still waiting to see these fitted to an '18......my favourites so far, I think! :)
I agree, just wish more wheels were offered on the PP packs. That wheel looks great, but probably isn't available on a the GT PP. It's a great start to have the forged wheel option though.
Im with you on the ST love buddy... however, after 2 years, the desire to be back in v8 power has overwhelmed me once again. My car made 350 tq and 259hp on the dyno and thats decent power in this platform, but Im very much looking forward to being in a car that will rev AND pull to high rpms. The stock turbo on our cars falls on its butt at 5500 :-(
That V8 want will hit me again. I just hope it waits until this car is paid off! In the meantime though my parents let me drive their GT350 and RS3 every now and then so that helps.

It'll be nice to have a car that revs to what looks like 7500ish RPM's though. I know it's just 500 RPM's, but it's a part of the reason I wanted a Boss so bad.

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia

I feel the same way, so much that I made a video comparing mine together. I think with the 18' they will sort some of the complaints out, more torque, hair less weight hopefully, louder stock exhaust, better suspension, better transmission feel. Its a great time to be a Ford Fan!:ford:

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4

attachment.png
These are my favorite as well. Hoping Ford is saving those wheels for some sort of performance package with magnaride that they havent shared with us yet!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
I love my Mustang, but it sure can feel pretty porky at times, don't you think?
I feel that way sometimes about mine. When I compare it to other cars in my office parking lot it is surprising just how big it actually is. Doesn't feel porky when you give it gas though. :D

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
The creamsicle color combo! I love the Orange Fury paint. I want to see it with black stripes.
I plan to order the orange fury PP with black roof, then I will paint the hood vents black. Can't wait!
Sponsored