Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Ok - how much to pick one up in Jersey? :) I am guessing around 36k mark considering the 2017's are going around 31-33k minimum (base auto around 33k) around NE areas. I am afraid of the engine upgrade and 10 speed might do to the price of this vehicle.

You can't find a 455 hp Camaro for less than 39k here.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Ah I didn't think of that, I'm guessing you mean June 21st but yeah, could make sense for a potential build date or job1 production date.
Yep, meant June 21st. Sounds like the date makes sense.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I guess no chance to upgrade an actual 2015 steering wheel to the new thicker and heated one...
really looking forward to the revised steering wheel that is now thicker and has a more premium leather wrap and yes its heated !!!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
really looking forward to the revised steering wheel that is now thicker and has a more premium leather wrap and yes its heated !!!
What about Power for the Heat? Doesn't seem like that would be something to easily replicate.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
It actually might be possible. Hardware wise we should only need the steering wheel and the clock-spring in the steering column. The real question will be what programming would be required to activate the heated steering wheel.
Yeah I'm hoping it is possible. Little worried though with the different button arrangements. I'd think once you get the clock spring figured out, you could just wire it up directly with a relay (should just be a positive and negative wire to the wheel for the heat). Then you could do some sort of manual switch to it worst case. Getting it to work with the factory system might be tricky. May need some programming or even new module (FCIM or BCM?) and who knows if those modules would even be plug and play. Is there a hard button for the heated wheel or just a soft button in the infotainment? May need to upgrade to Sync3 for us 2015 guys (would love to get that anyway!) All said, though, I'd rather just get a manual wire to it than mess with that, which should mean the wheel and clock spring is all we need...that is if the buttons are even compatible with the 15-17 systems.

I'd REALLY love the heated wheel. Had one on a rental GC and it was marvelous in cold weather. I'd actually love it for the cooler top down days like spring and fall where my hands get a little chilled but still want the open air feeling. Never been snobby enough to get driving gloves. :lol:

On a similar note...what the heck does the Pony button do?

What about Power for the Heat? Doesn't seem like that would be something to easily replicate.
Ought to be just a positive and negative wire. Unless there are different levels but the only heated wheel I've seen didn't have levels, it was just on or off. Hoping it is that simple for this one!

Sponsored

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
Just saw it in person today... I was expecting a bit more "wow" factor, the color is cool, but the extened grill takes away from the sinister look the 15-17 has. Mechanically, it is a superior machine, but it needs some teaks to make the OE car more attractive.

On another note, did anybody noticed the F150 5.0 V8 has the composite oil pan and an intake very close to that of the GT350l? I really hope those features carry over to the Mustang as well.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Maybe more hour then year

06 - month
21 - day
24 - hour (at midnight)

Otherwise, we still have a looooong wait
That makes more sense, although I think you have to take the numerology Easter-eggs with a grain of salt. Sometimes 55mph is just 55mph.

Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Here is the color chart for the 2018 models. Scanner didnt really pick up the red in Royal Crimson since its a really dark color.

18 colors 1.jpg

18 colors 2.jpg

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Here is the color chart for the 2018 models. Scanner didnt really pick up the red in Royal Crimson since its a really dark color.

18 colors 1.jpg

18 colors 2.jpg
'Lead Foot Gray'? First time I've heard of this colour for the mustang.

Anyone know what this colour looks like? Is it a flat grey?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
'Lead Foot Gray'? First time I've heard of this colour for the mustang.

Anyone know what this colour looks like? Is it a flat grey?
in the paint chart it looks like a dark gray, the * next to it says New to nameplate for 2018. It does not have the symbol for Metallic paint next to it, so it would be a solid color like race red or oxford white.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels