Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Could not have said it better !!!!!!

I think he's just explaining why HE isn't buying a 2018. Basically because of all the changes that COULD have first year issues. I didn't see him telling anyone else they shouldn't accept the risks. I passed on the 2015 for the same reasons and it had less "new" technology than the 2018 will.
I know there are a lot of 2018 Fans out there, heck some of you are probably thinking of ordering one. I am not bashing your decision just pointing out some possible issues the 2018 could have. I know those articles are talking about direct injection without port injection, but the articles to point to some key facts:

1. Direct injection fuel pumps operate at a higher PSI, fuel pump failure possible.
2. If a direct injector fails it will be a costly repair bill.

Granted I am sure Ford has tested these components extensively and I am sure
it will never be a problem.
All I am doing is pointing out possible issues with the new engine.
Heck we don't know enough about the engine because Ford has not released any detail specs to date. So all this is just pure speculation at this point - No need to get angry. :cool:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Ahhhh!!! Waiting for the order banks to open is so damn painful (especially as we don't have any idea or rumour of when that may happen in the UK).

Wasn't very sure about that wing when I first saw it. Actually really like it after watching this vid.

Just noticed when watching the vid again, the new bodywork material has been let out the bag... it's jelly!!!

Some major weight reduction is defo on the cards!

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Must admit, that's the first time I've seen it and thought "that looks really good".

Probably one of those colours that needs to be seen in the metal :)
I agree Paul. This color reminds me of the School Bus Yellow that was on the Boss.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=7398]Todd15Fastback[/MENTION] you decide on color yet and options? I'm going base, Oxford white, GTPP 6MT with black forged wheels.
[MENTION=16274]mvfjet[/MENTION] color, not yet. Leaning towards Ingot, Black or White. That orange fury is very intriguing to me. Not sure I can rock that color though...:D:lol:

I'm trying to figure out what wheels I want as that will also dictate what color I get.

My last S550 was fully loaded. My '18 will be the same. Premium GTPP, MagneRide, active exhaust, Recaro seats, digital dash, 10sp auto, etc.

I can't wait to see the order guide come out to see how all of these options are packaged.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
[MENTION=16274]mvfjet[/MENTION] color, not yet. Leaning towards Ingot, Black or White. That orange fury is very intriguing to me. Not sure I can rock that color though...:D:lol:

I'm trying to figure out what wheels I want as that will also dictate what color I get.

My last S550 was fully loaded. My '18 will be the same. Premium GTPP, MagneRide, active exhaust, Recaro seats, digital dash, 10sp auto, etc.

I can't wait to see the order guide come out to see how all of these options are packaged.
Yep very exciting stuff. Anticipation is killing me!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Yep very exciting stuff. Anticipation is killing me!
Indeed it is...I wish they would just release the order guide asap as that is a small bone to throw us:D:ford:

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Wait, what? What happened to your '15?!?!

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Pretty much how I'd order it....although I'd want stock seats for the heating/cooling :)

Think I'd go Magnetic with a black roof. Of course, if Grabber Blue was still an option that would be my first choice..........but if Azure Blue was to be offered on a '19MY Mach 1........ :love:

:ford:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Wait, what? What happened to your '15?!?!
Check my build thread. It's totaled. Got airborne, hit a tree and flipped over landing on the roof. My car went crazy sideways as I was accelerating and shifted into 2nd about 45mph.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That's one of those colors that would look like a million bucks with some black stripes and maybe some side stripes to break up the orange.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Like I said before, we'll have to see how close "help clean out" gets to "eliminates". I'm not at all sure that anybody is there yet.

I'm hopeful, but still a little skeptical about the current state of that art.

Norm
The system has already been proven on vehicles from other manufacturers and people with DI vehicles that have added port injection. I don't understand why people think things like DI and E85 are the devil.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Check my build thread. It's totaled. Got airborne, hit a tree and flipped over landing on the roof. My car went crazy sideways as I was accelerating and shifted into 2nd about 45mph.
:eek::eyebulge: Dude, horrible. I almost cried when I saw the pics. So glad to hear that you're ok though. Speedy recovery my friend. And btw, I hope you've spoken with an attorney about the paint on the road.
Sponsored