Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What's so different on the rear? Quad tip exhaust and the line in the decklid, but what else am I missing that everyone is raving about?
Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I honestly believe the 15-17's will be like the 11-12's and be a bit more of a safe/guarantee'd sale than this car when it comes time for them both to be in the used market. MY18 is a love or hate it look. I appreciate all of the performance upgrades, but is it THAT much more significant? Lets look at it:

Magnetic ride = Amazing. But the cars not low enough so, congrats you'll still be doing springs at the very least.
Exhaust = Lets be real. Headers, catless midpipe, and exhaust is in your future. Corsa quad tips need to be poking out of that valance.
Interior = Gauges don't do much for the car. If you're indifferent then okay whatever. If you like traditional analog then it won't be a reason to buy.
Automatic = Irrelevant. 6r80 is nearly bullet proof and proven. I'm happy there's a 10 speed but I don't imagine many performance pack enthusiasts running out to buy the Auto version. The fact it's a 10 speed has no bearing on my purchase decisions. I only buy manual.
Dual clutch/Dual mass flywheel = DM flywheels are garbage. Big power needs a twin disk from mcleod and a solid flywheel.

I could go on. Not shitting on the car but I think people are blowing this car out of proportion. And whats worse is if you don't love the front end, it's not that significant of an upgrade. It's nothing a 15-17 can't be with a little bit of fun modding. And modding is what we buy our cars for after all.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I just wonder if it was plug n play for 15-17, how would we be able to change the module. like from normal, sport to track.
The cluster should be a self contained unit. All external functions like drive modes and steering feel are handled by other modules and just displayed on the cluster. So as long as no other programing has changed for the 2018 which I doubt it has, the cluster should be a plug and play unit for older vehicles. You just will not get to 10th gear even though the cluster will be displaying that for automatics.

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
So is royal crimson the same color as the 2012 lava red?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I lowered the car a bit, tinted the headlights and darken the color match lower fascia bit. The look is starting to grow on me however I am more impressed with the new engine and tech updates.
Nice. I think if they did something more with the lower old fog area and put more black venting in (even if it didn't do air flow) it would bring the bottom in line with the upper. Like this

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing pics yesterday I was not a fan. I still like the styling of my '15 better, but there is so much to like about the '18 in other areas that I could overlook that. A 10 speed auto + more hp should make for some impressive 1/4 mile and 0-60 numbers.

It seems they are touching just about everything that needs to be touched. D.I? (the right way) Check. Improved trans? Check. More interesting gage cluster? Check. Better tires? Check. Auto with PP? Quad exhaust? Optional Magneride? Check, check, check. It's as if Ford was reading every critique of the S550 on M6G.

I won't be trading but it is definitely something to get excited about.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
This is KONA Blue? I remember it being darker than that...unless it's because of the sunlight.
New-Ford-Mustang-V8-GT-with-Performace-Pack-in-Kona-Blue-2.jpg

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
will have to see them on the lot first, lower front end and dash need to grow on me. Waiting for numbers on motors and pricing. Like a lot of the other changes.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I honestly believe the 15-17's will be like the 11-12's and be a bit more of a safe/guarantee'd sale than this car when it comes time for them both to be in the used market. MY18 is a love or hate it look. I appreciate all of the performance upgrades, but is it THAT much more significant? Lets look at it:

Magnetic ride = Amazing. But the cars not low enough so, congrats you'll still be doing springs at the very least.
Exhaust = Lets be real. Headers, catless midpipe, and exhaust is in your future. Corsa quad tips need to be poking out of that valance.
Interior = Gauges don't do much for the car. If you're indifferent then okay whatever. If you like traditional analog then it won't be a reason to buy.
Automatic = Irrelevant. 6r80 is nearly bullet proof and proven. I'm happy there's a 10 speed but I don't imagine many performance pack enthusiasts running out to buy the Auto version. The fact it's a 10 speed has no bearing on my purchase decisions. I only buy manual.
Dual clutch/Dual mass flywheel = DM flywheels are garbage. Big power needs a twin disk from mcleod and a solid flywheel.

I could go on. Not shitting on the car but I think people are blowing this car out of proportion. And whats worse is if you don't love the front end, it's not that significant of an upgrade. It's nothing a 15-17 can't be with a little bit of fun modding. And modding is what we buy our cars for after all.
Auto isn't irrelevant. Look at the Camaro with it. It's not irrelevant at all especially for track guys.

The exhaust is great for those that don't care about modding their cars which is the majority of buyers. Having the best of both worlds here (quiet or loud) is great and in 1 system.

Add in the much better suspension (basically the previous PP) and that solves all the soft/rolling issues.

This is KONA Blue? I remember it being darker than that...unless it's because of the sunlight.
Be careful with professional photos. They are so enhanced the real deal never looks like that.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I can't get past those headlights, I probably wouldn't get one but if I could get a killer deal on a 18 GT then hell yea I'd do it in a heartbeat :D

Now I am incredibly curious what the S650 will look like because that's when I was planning on going V8 (if they have one still). Also still hoping they offer a Manual Trans in the S650 since they keep improving the A/T's.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

How did you completely skip over the new engine?

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
What's so different on the rear? Quad tip exhaust and the line in the decklid, but what else am I missing that everyone is raving about?
I believe the tailights have been slightly modified as well

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Anyone hear on when order banks open? Are we still thinking April like for 2017MY year?
Probably June/August since they are claiming Fall release.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Would like to see new lower turn/fog bar improved by @DiodeDynamics. I don't like the individual banks of LEDs there...would rather see a nice single line light bar there.

Mt-82 whine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' 5.0

Can't really argue with much of that seeing nobody has tested the car yet.

I will say I do like the gauge cluster, anything less just looks so behind the times now and for how expensive these things are I want a little "fluff"

I do think the exhaust will have the potential to only need a mid pipe this time around. Quad tip mufflers are soooo expensive and most of us don't want to fool with headers because of parts and mostly labor.

Most exciting item for me is the mag ride by far. When we're taking 40k cars if $200 springs set the ride height where I want it that's no big deal. I would be coming from a s197 so IRS with mag will be like floating for me.

Ford is guilty until proven innocent on the 6 speed (see user name) but I can't believe they are ignorant to its performance shifting at 6800 so for 7400 it has to be improved

Either way this is exciting
Sponsored