Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Does not look bad in Kona Blue

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

I like the 18 Mustang the only thing I don't like is that the grill is the only difference between the GT and the Ecoboost both have the hood vents
Some other colors and angles can't stand the front fascia. Have to see it in person. 10 Days away from finding out a little more on the refresh - Hopefully. ;)

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I believe Ford will put lots of lipstick on the 2018 to hide the design
flaws

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
From certain angles, the whole front end is a design flaw. :shrug:

Sponsored

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Actually, the '18 is what fixed the ugly '15-'17 design flaws... :D
From a design standpoint the 15 was a complete redesign. Head to toe. Everything was designed in sync. Is the 18 all new ? No. They call it a facelift but in many people's eyes including mine it's an abomination of a carefully designed car. Mechanically I approve of the upgrades and changes . Whatever makes it A better mustang is a good thing but it's like an ugly person... makeup and clothes and a haircut can only improve the look so much ;)

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
They call it a facelift but in many people's eyes including mine it's an abomination of a carefully designed car.
Some see it like this I guess ... :p I haven't seen one in person yet, so will have to make a determination then.
Capture.JPG

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
From a design standpoint the 15 was a complete redesign. Head to toe. Everything was designed in sync. Is the 18 all new ? No. They call it a facelift but in many people's eyes including mine it's an abomination of a carefully designed car. Mechanically I approve of the upgrades and changes . Whatever makes it A better mustang is a good thing but it's like an ugly person... makeup and clothes and a haircut can only improve the look so much ;)
Well, I would say that's just your opinion. It could just as easily be argued that the '15 was the best they could do at the time, and the '18 is when they got to fix all the problems they couldn't during the original development, or apply improvements that weren't available when designing the '15. Unless you're on the Ford design team, you don't know. I think most people found the changes made in the '10+ S197s improved their looks, and it wasn't a complete redesign either, so I think the argument that it wasn't all designed at once doesn't really mean much.

And in my eyes, and many others, the '15 had design flaws making it an ugly car. Problems that the '18 fixes. Makeup and clothes and a haircut can only do so much to improve the looks, but luckily they did more than that with the '18 and made it better looking than the '15 ;)

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Staying Completely Out Of This One !!!

Well, I would say that's just your opinion. It could just as easily be argued that the '15 was the best they could do at the time, and the '18 is when they got to fix all the problems they couldn't during the original development, or apply improvements that weren't available when designing the '15. Unless you're on the Ford design team, you don't know. I think most people found the changes made in the '10+ S197s improved their looks, and it wasn't a complete redesign either, so I think the argument that it wasn't all designed at once doesn't really mean much.

And in my eyes, and many others, the '15 had design flaws making it an ugly car. Problems that the '18 fixes. Makeup and clothes and a haircut can only do so much to improve the looks, but luckily they did more than that with the '18 and made it better looking than the '15 ;)
I think I had this conversation a while back. :eyebulge: :lol::lol: :lol:

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Yep, I agree, and if I get an '18, it will most likely be Lightning Blue. I call dibs, since we're both in San Diego, and we don't want too many running around in the same color :)

hahah ok nice !

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Actually, the '18 is what fixed the ugly '15-'17 design flaws... :D

seriously...I mean who enjoys lots of hard cheap plastic, that center console!! ouch !!, a thin steering wheel with inferior cheap leather, shiny bright chrome trim pieces and bezels throughout, a cheap plastic start button...Ford has heard ALL of our complaints and they have addressed everything. Hmmm lets wait and see what they do about those horrific panel gaps that the 15'-17' suffered from :)

Looking forward to the engine performance stats in the next few months, oh and thanks for giving the 5.0 coyote both direct & port injection!! and thanks for a quad core exhaust and 10 new wheel choices...hahaha, I could go on and on !!

Last edited:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Like a lot of people, I was not sold on the 2018 immediately (particularly those first bad leaked pictures), however I really don't understand people who totally hate it. It isn't really that different. If you think it's really that ugly, you must think the 2015 is ugly. If you parked a red 2017 next to a blue 2018, 99/100 people off the street would only notice the color difference. You would have to prod them to notice the other differences.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Ok could not help myself ....

Opinions are like A$$ O's everyones got one.
It all boils down to personal preferences. You like brunettes, I like redheads.
The 2015-2017 brought a lot to the table from the previous generation.
The refresh is bringing something more. Shes the new blond chick that walked into the room. Some guys think shes hot, some other guys see a dumb blond.
Never judge a book by its cover guys - we don't know enough about the blond yet ! -> New York International Auto Show. Show Dates: Apr 14 - Apr 23, 2017.
We will soon enough and I think your all going to be surprised. ;)

Oh and the Front Fascia - Don't sweat it! Roush, Cervinis or Anderson Composites are probably hard at work to sell you a quick fix.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Opinions are like A$$ O's everyones got one.
That was really the point of my posts. I don't think the '15 is ugly, but I think it had a few things that I didn't care for. It's a subtle distinction, but saying you don't like something is different than saying it's ugly, because saying it's ugly implies a universal state, and it's insulting to people who do like it.

It just gets old when the same people constantly come in and say that it's ugly, like there's no room for discussion about it. It's just opinion, and I'm sure calling their car ugly wouldn't change their opinion on it, so what's the point of even saying that? It's just an opinion, and one with which they disagree. Arguing about it is pointless, and constantly expressing that opinion is just as pointless. I get it, they don't like the '18, but I don't think we need to hear it over and over again.
Sponsored