Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Hi all,

It's definitely an exciting time to be a Mustang enthusiast, this new platform is amazing and we've been working diligently to manufacture the absolute best products for you guys!

There was another thread going which kind of morphed into a 'Steeda CAI group buy waiting list' if you will ;) and this thread will serve as the official group buy list. I still have the original list and will continue to add to it based on this thread, if need be.

We have had a tremendous response to our Mustang GT kit and we want to ensure everyone receives their order as timely as possible. We will be shipping orders toward the end of next week. Keep in mind, the orders will be processed in the order we received them so if yours doesn't ship out next week then there may have been customers in the queue prior.

As a reminder, all of our kits include a CAI restrictor which allows you to run this without a tune. The restrictor/insert is removable and will need a tune in order to run correctly if removed.

We are offering you guys/gals a forum-only promo code for the initial launch, the code is as follows and gives you an additional 15% off: STEEDAGROUPBUY

Here is a link to our Steeda CAI for Manual transmissions (555-3193) | And a link to our Manual power pack (includes SCT X4 tuner)

And here is a link to our Steeda CAI for Automatic transmissions (555-3194) | Here is also a link to our Automatic power pack (includes SCT X4 tuner)

One benefit to picking up the power pack with included tuner is that you will be able to use our stock tune as long as the CAI restrictor is in place. It also enrolls you in our tunes for life program, which is beneficial for future mods! Also, once our tune for the Steeda CAI is released, you would automatically be enrolled to receive that tune.

A little background and pre-emptive answers to questions that may arise. If you place your order anytime between now and when we start shipping next week and going forward, and you complete the order using your credit card, you will not be charged until your order ships. This benefits you in two ways - it locks in your order in our queue, and it doesn't tie up your funds until it literally ships out! A caveat to this is PayPal, if you use PayPal at checkout they will automatically withdraw the funds as you are probably aware - just wanted to throw that out there.

I am here to help in any way that I can! We will be posting our dyno sheet as soon as possible and are working to make this as smooth as possible for everyone.

Happy modding,
David

2/27/15 Update:

This should help with the wait - dyno numbers!

The first run is when the car was bone stock - strong numbers for a stock car.

The second run is with our cold air intake and included restrictor installed - put down 402.56 rwhp and 370.48 ft lbs tq which is a gain of 10.09 rwhp and 8.79 ft lbs tq over stock!

The third run is with our cold air intake and included restrictor installed in addition to our stock tune calibration - put down 415.69 rwhp and 376.85 ft lbs tq which is a gain of 13.13 rwhp and 6.37 ft lbs tq from the second run!

With both the Steeda cold air intake with restrictor and our tune which is for a stock setup, the gains were 23.22 rwhp and 15.16 ft lbs tq over our stock pull! This is the equivalent of installing our induction pack.

We're really happy with our numbers and looking forward to all of you receiving and installing your kits!
s550-gt-dyno-progression.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP w/Perfomance
Hi all,

It's definitely an exciting time to be a Mustang enthusiast, this new platform is amazing and we've been working diligently to manufacture the absolute best products for you guys!

There was another thread going which kind of morphed into a 'Steeda CAI group buy waiting list' if you will ;) and this thread will serve as the official group buy list. I still have the original list and will continue to add to it based on this thread, if need be.

We have had a tremendous response to our Mustang GT kit and we want to ensure everyone receives their order as timely as possible. We will be shipping orders toward the end of next week. Keep in mind, the orders will be processed in the order we received them so if yours doesn't ship out next week then there may have been customers in the queue prior.

As a reminder, all of our kits include a CAI restrictor which allows you to run this without a tune. The restrictor/insert is removable and will need a tune in order to run correctly if removed.

We are offering you guys/gals a forum-only promo code for the initial launch, the code is as follows and gives you an additional 15% off: STEEDAGROUPBUY

Here is a link to our Steeda CAI for Manual transmissions (555-3193) | And a link to our Manual power pack (includes SCT X4 tuner)

And here is a link to our Steeda CAI for Automatic transmissions (555-3194) | Here is also a link to our Automatic power pack (includes SCT X4 tuner)

One benefit to picking up the power pack with included tuner is that you will be able to use our stock tune as long as the CAI restrictor is in place. It also enrolls you in our tunes for life program, which is beneficial for future mods! Also, once our tune for the Steeda CAI is released, you would automatically be enrolled to receive that tune.

A little background and pre-emptive answers to questions that may arise. If you place your order anytime between now and when we start shipping next week and going forward, and you complete the order using your credit card, you will not be charged until your order ships. This benefits you in two ways - it locks in your order in our queue, and it doesn't tie up your funds until it literally ships out! A caveat to this is PayPal, if you use PayPal at checkout they will automatically withdraw the funds as you are probably aware - just wanted to throw that out there.

I am here to help in any way that I can! We will be posting our dyno sheet as soon as possible and are working to make this as smooth as possible for everyone.

Happy modding,
David

So if we ordered from the site does that mean it's ore ordered? It doesn't say anything about it in the site

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
I know its hard to give an exact date but any idea when the CAI tune will be available?

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
So if we ordered from the site does that mean it's ore ordered? It doesn't say anything about it in the site

You got it, it locks in your place regarding shipping priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I know its hard to give an exact date but any idea when the CAI tune will be available?

Our first shipments are going out end of the week!

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
Plugging in the group buy code and the GT Manual power pack comes out to $603...that's a great deal.

2 questions:
By what date is the discount and group buy code option available? I read your first post but it didn't seem clear.

Realizing the CAI tune will come later does the tuner come with at least a base tune for performance gains using the restrictor in the CAI for now? (as if we ordered the tuner and a performance tune for stock intake)?

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
FYI in the features tab of the manual intake it says the transmission type is automatic.

Also, I see it is strongly recommended to go with the SCT tuner, anything gonna blow up if not messing with a tune yet? I don't see how ford could possibly blame an intake to void a warranty, but a tune... Don't wanna go there quite yet...

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Plugging in the group buy code and the GT Manual power pack comes out to $603...that's a great deal.

2 questions:
By what date is the discount and group buy code option available? I read your first post but it didn't seem clear.

Realizing the CAI tune will come later does the tuner come with at least a base tune for performance gains using the restrictor in the CAI for now? (as if we ordered the tuner and a performance tune for stock intake)?

Happy to help, we have not set an expiration for the group buy yet. Also, yes we can provide you a base tune for the time being :)

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
FYI in the features tab of the manual intake it says the transmission type is automatic.

Also, I see it is strongly recommended to go with the SCT tuner, anything gonna blow up if not messing with a tune yet? I don't see how ford could possibly blame an intake to void a warranty, but a tune... Don't wanna go there quite yet...

If you're not running a tune and you're using our CAI with restrictor, from our experience your car will run just as expected! We've been manufacturing CAI's for many years and haven't run into warranty issues. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Do you guys offer a CAI with NO sound tube insert?
Plugs just look so sloppy.

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

2 questions:

I had the x4 already and the discount brought it down to $335
when do you ever get Steeda quality for that kind of bargain????

Blitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

and now im anxious about how far down the list i am...:frusty:

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Do you guys offer a CAI with NO sound tube insert?
Plugs just look so sloppy.
I've passed it along to manufacturing! :thumbsup: