Not open for further replies.

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Everyone deserves respect. A little extra doesn’t hurt when given to someone who is willing to do a job with their life if necessary. Especially one that you’re not willing to do but generally benefit from everyday.
Not arguing the deserving respect comment, they do

But can we recognize plenty other people risk their lives daily, police officer is no 22 in the list https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-top-25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-united-states
14 per 100,00 workers versus loggers at 111 per 100,000.

I respect that for loggers the trees are not maliciously killing them or for pilots or derrick operators or roofers that the cause of death is not intent by another human being as evidenced by the statement " The most common cause of death for police officers at work is violence by persons."

And I didn't cherry pick that list it was the first search item that came up for "top 10 most dangerous jobs in the us".

There are plenty of other jobs I am not willing to do, Nurse, firefighter, teacher etc. etc. to each their own, but if any of those professions behaved badly we'd expect them to be held to account as well. And equally just because 1 or 2 are bad apples we don't assume that they all are (except Catholic priests, them I tar with the one brush!). Same for police, it's a job a profession, it demands a higher level of accountability because of the powers granted with the position. And I in turn treat them with the respect they deserve.
Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
It is interesting with the link you posted, all injured by equipment , nature etc,, police injured by other people. For what thats worth. That might explain why they deal with persons which may not be understood by the public.... ?? That really puts the police in a class of their own when it comes to danger . great link.

Reactions: jwt

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Agreed hence quoting the statement " The most common cause of death for police officers at work is violence by persons."

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I hate to disagree with you again but thats why they have discretion . I m not going to explain how that all works but some here are trying to give wise advise. Did no one ever explain how your demeanor with an officer encounter can change the outcome? You don t escalate these situations. I know you have a issue with police but you can come out ahead and still not like police. My goal is to leave without a ticket whether I m right or wrong. The attitude that your gonna teach this guy will never work. Yea the other guy lawyered up, wow. That doesn't cost the cop anything, he may even make some court OT. hopefully age brings some more wisdom or it will be a tough life.
I learned that in elementary school. The kids that listened to the teacher always got the milk and cookies first. The kids that were disobedient always somehow ended up with the crushed up ones.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Not every state has "traffic court"
That's why I said most. I'll assume you are talking about Tx?
Tx has a rep as a free state. I'll never live there. But even Tx has to let out of state persons charged with minor traffic a payable citation. Unlike in the past when they took them to jail till a judge could be found.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Tx has a rep as a free state.
they do indeed. the 'police' will rob you, sorry "arrest your cash" at the side of the road for being of too much quantity. It's the latest in crime prevention - use of money facilitates crime so we'll just confiscate it before you have a chance to spend it. Crime prevented. Mission accomplished. Citizens protected.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they do indeed. the 'police' will rob you, sorry "arrest your cash" at the side of the road for being of too much quantity. It's the latest in crime prevention - use of money facilitates crime so we'll just confiscate it before you have a chance to spend it. Crime prevented. Mission accomplished. Citizens protected.
wow, if that s true that s crazy. wonder if it s not in high drug areas that they target this? Well blame the law makers, police can t do this without the law.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
wow, if that s true that s crazy. wonder if it s not in high drug areas that they target this? Well blame the law makers, police can t do this without the law.
oh, there are news stories aplenty about people being relieved of their cash on I-10 or on major highways in Alabama, TX, MS and other jurisdictions as they're on their way to buy a car (for cash obviously) and other pursuits. College kids having their tuition taken, etc. It's been a sandal for over 10 years. Federal law enforcement's been doing it too.

You then get to spend months trying to prove to a judge your money was innocent of a crime before they might think of letting you have it back.

Civil Asset Forfeiture. You can "thank" the "war on (some) drugs" for the total bastardization of innocent before proven guilty.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$10K or more? I ll travel with less cash down that way, LOL..

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hey the government now is wanting to see any bank movements of $600 or more. same principles applies, looking for illegal or untaxed money.... crazy I guess.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
And equally just because 1 or 2 are bad apples we don't assume that they all are (except Catholic priests, them I tar with the one brush!).
Much to your chagrin and disapproval I'm sure but I will offer up a Mass for you.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
What is the saying, "come here on vacation, leave on probation"

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Not arguing the deserving respect comment, they do

But can we recognize plenty other people risk their lives daily, police officer is no 22 in the list https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-top-25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-united-states
14 per 100,00 workers versus loggers at 111 per 100,000.

I respect that for loggers the trees are not maliciously killing them or for pilots or derrick operators or roofers that the cause of death is not intent by another human being as evidenced by the statement " The most common cause of death for police officers at work is violence by persons."

And I didn't cherry pick that list it was the first search item that came up for "top 10 most dangerous jobs in the us".

There are plenty of other jobs I am not willing to do, Nurse, firefighter, teacher etc. etc. to each their own, but if any of those professions behaved badly we'd expect them to be held to account as well. And equally just because 1 or 2 are bad apples we don't assume that they all are (except Catholic priests, them I tar with the one brush!). Same for police, it's a job a profession, it demands a higher level of accountability because of the powers granted with the position. And I in turn treat them with the respect they deserve.
Accountable yes. Abused in a supposedly civil society? .....It's a no for me.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
oh, there are news stories aplenty about people being relieved of their cash on I-10 or on major highways in Alabama, TX, MS and other jurisdictions as they're on their way to buy a car (for cash obviously) and other pursuits. College kids having their tuition taken, etc. It's been a sandal for over 10 years. Federal law enforcement's been doing it too.

You then get to spend months trying to prove to a judge your money was innocent of a crime before they might think of letting you have it back.

Civil Asset Forfeiture. You can "thank" the "war on (some) drugs" for the total bastardization of innocent before proven guilty.
With the availability of cameras in every hand I have no idea how this would continue. I am familiar with CAF and in VA it requires court proceedings to validate the seizure. Thats just nuts taking money without probable cause that a crime is actually occurring. With today’s society there is no way I would travel I-10 with more than $100 for fear of being robbed. There are occasions where cash is required but a certified check or wire transfer negates most all of them. Theres usually only 1 occupation that requires cash, pharmaceutical representative, and not the legal type.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.