officer lied on accident report

Status
Not open for further replies.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
You are probobly correct regarding the pigs comment...Ive literally never been so worked up over something so Its gonna take time to get over it.

With regards to why pulling over with paper plates - I truly have no idea. The only thing I can think of is fake paper plates have been a rampant issue in this area or they just wanted to see what I was up to otherwise.
Just be cautious if you are stopped again and do not assume they are assholes too, contrary to belief some are truly just doing whats expected of them and you usually set the tone for the encounter. I tell my Son to just be polite, and if they are wrong it will show if they decide to make a mistake. The true assholes get a reputation with the judges in short time. A lot of things are discretionary and even though they may be wrong its much better to not have to take off work for a stupid ticket which may have been avoided with a decent attitude. Attitude is everything but sometimes it’s inevitable. Now some people dont care and just have to show they are right regardless and don’t mind taking off to go to court. I tell my Son its not worth it. The cops are like everyone else, human, and in todays world its clear they are having a hard time finding people who even want to do that job.

Just take a look at todays news, major retailers are pleading for help from Congress because of the shoplifting epidemic. These are the same retailers who last year donated MILLIONS to organizations that wanted to “defund or re-imagine” the police. Fallable yes, but still needed.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Bullshit. The police are never there to help anyone. Talking to them is dangerous...and that is a fact. They are in the arresting people business and brother, business is a boomin!

What you are talking about is a Constitutional right (5A) the exercise thereof can never be held against someone.

Tell all police to pound sand. After an accident, clear your thoughts, calm down, document, and then make any needed statements.
Ouch. You dislike my friends and I that much.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

H.7791

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Gnarls Barkley's voice...this thread is crazy, this thread is crazy...

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Just be cautious if you are stopped again and do not assume they are assholes too, contrary to belief some are truly just doing whats expected of them and you usually set the tone for the encounter. I tell my Son to just be polite, and if they are wrong it will show if they decide to make a mistake. The true assholes get a reputation with the judges in short time. A lot of things are discretionary and even though they may be wrong its much better to not have to take off work for a stupid ticket which may have been avoided with a decent attitude. Attitude is everything but sometimes it’s inevitable. Now some people dont care and just have to show they are right regardless and don’t mind taking off to go to court. I tell my Son its not worth it. The cops are like everyone else, human, and in todays world its clear they are having a hard time finding people who even want to do that job.

Just take a look at todays news, major retailers are pleading for help from Congress because of the shoplifting epidemic. These are the same retailers who last year donated MILLIONS to organizations that wanted to “defund or re-imagine” the police. Fallable yes, but still needed.
Funny...They never think of re-imagining society and their actions.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
or they just wanted to see what I was up to otherwise.
that's just harassment. Or as some in society call it "diving while black". Every confrontation is an armed confrontation with the chance (if however small) of lethal outcome. By definition it no longer is an officer "friendly" encounter even if the uniformed person is Saint Peter, halo and all.

Nitpicky nonsense is not a way to endear onself to the community at large. Though the city father's unfortunately don't see the seething undercurrent of anger within the populace so as to take heed.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I have a fun story to share - I used to have no issues with Police until earlier this year. For background - in order for your vehicle registration to be renewed in Texas (or Harris County at least), the vehicle must first pass an inspection and emissions test via OBD2 port within 90 days before the registration expiration date. A CEL will fail the inspection, unless you find a helpful station which is becoming far and few.

My 2011 Mustang that I've been in the process of restoring had some CEL issues within this 90 day window and I resolved the issue about 1 month after the registration expired. So, as I am on the way to the inspection station to get that sorted, a local pig pulls me over because of the expired sticker. To get to me, he pushed his way through about 10 cars of traffic behind me, damn near running those people off the road. Being that this was a very busy road for the area with lots of traffic an no good place to pull over, I put on my hazards, tapped my rearview mirror/gestured that I saw him and was looking for a safer place to pull over. So, about 1/8 - 1/4 of a mile later I find a safe turnoff, pull over, roll my window downturn the car off, put the keys on the dash.

He comes to the window, immediately says I revved my engine at him (I did not...I was in 5th gear going 50mph down this road in a 50mph zone...how does he know it wasn't any of the other traffic he barreled through to get to me) and that since I drew attention to myself, he pulled me over for the expired sticker. He then also says the exhaust is too loud (its the stock, OEM exhaust and I said as much...) and is in violation of city noise ordinance. He then also asked what my problem was and why I did not IMMEDIATLY pull over, to which I said I did not feel safe pulling over in that high traffic area and knew there was a safe turnoff a short distance away. He takes my license, insurance, and returns with a ticket for the expired sticker, "exhaust", and failure to yield to an emergency vehicle (a misdemeanor).

I fully accept and own the expired registration - shit happens and I got caught. But it is also the type of ticket that gets dismissed as long as you show you took care of it.

With regards to the other 2 charges, I look up the fines later and come to find these add up to about $1,500 in charges. I requested a copy of the dash cam evidence thereafter (because I am quite certain there is no evidence to support the charges and if there was, it will prove me innocent), and the Police department immediately filed with the state attorney general to deny my request and withhold the evidence under section 552.108(a)(1). That provision is essentially a bullshit code that allows a Police department to withhold anything and everything they choose , and reads as follows:

"(a) Information held by a law enforcement agency or prosecutor that deals with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime is excepted from the requirements of Section 552.021 if:

(1) release of the information would interfere with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime;"

I believe this pig tacked on those charges to ensure money came to the department out of the citation. I have since lawyered up, and I now have my own dash camera in every vehicle. I do not trust these fuc!ers anymore and probably will not for quite some time, if ever again. Hate to say it but I think quality law enforcement is a thing of the past - it is now just run as a business of self righteous egos.

As a side note, I'll also say that I was pulled over by these idiots not once, not twice, not three times, but FIVE times earlier this year when I had paper plates on the 2021 M1 and 20 GT500, and they saw from their review mirror when I was behind them that I did not have a front plate (texas requires them but not if you have paper plates/new). I never got a ticket for obvious reasons, but it is truly insane how hard they are looking for money from small deal citations.
so this is the example of what I said pages ago. No doubt the Officer got a whiff of your negative attitude and lack of respect and he hammered you with his pen. Great story!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch. You dislike my friends and I that much.
Well, all your vehicles were an odd shade of 'blue' which is "suspect" all on it's own. :)

wait, you're a cop or "law enforcement adjacent" and you were going to street-racing events near the house?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so this is the example of what I said pages ago. No doubt the Officer got a whiff of your negative attitude and lack of respect and he hammered you with his pen. Great story!
That’s what happens when you act like a schmuck. These are lessons your father is supposed to teach you.

Last edited:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
That’s what happens when you act like a schmuck. These are lessons you’re father is supposed to teach you.
See...proving my point again. So, if I am a schmuck then it is OK to fuck with me and violate my rights?

So, it's OK having to hope the officer likes me or he will be an ass and take out his pen and teach me a good lesson? Yeah, great system you got there.

Police are not in the lesson teaching business.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See...proving my point again. So, if I am a schmuck then it is OK to fuck with me and violate my rights?

So, it's OK having to hope the officer likes me or he will be an ass and take out his pen and teach me a good lesson? Yeah, great system you got there.

Everyone deserves respect. A little extra doesn’t hurt when given to someone who is willing to do a job with their life if necessary. Especially one that you’re not willing to do but generally benefit from everyday.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558

I hate to disagree with you again but thats why they have discretion . I m not going to explain how that all works but some here are trying to give wise advise. Did no one ever explain how your demeanor with an officer encounter can change the outcome? You don t escalate these situations. I know you have a issue with police but you can come out ahead and still not like police. My goal is to leave without a ticket whether I m right or wrong. The attitude that your gonna teach this guy will never work. Yea the other guy lawyered up, wow. That doesn't cost the cop anything, he may even make some court OT. hopefully age brings some more wisdom or it will be a tough life.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.