Sponsored

Off topic but how to deal with neighbour?

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Hi guys,

My mothering law has just phoned my wife in tears as whilst they were out, her neighbour invited himself round to mow their back garden, the gate was unlocked as they had a window cleaner earlier.

However although the neighbours intentions may have been friendly he has ruined their garden which they pride themselves on having a decent lawn.

I know trespass is a criminal act as is negligently mowing a lawn under the trespass law, is it worth just talking it out with them or do you think she should go to the police and/or courts?
Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
I’d put it down to a genuine mistake and leave it at that as there is nothing worse than a neighbour feud which can result in death in extreme circumstances

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
why the hell would someone go round and randomly mow someone elses lawn. I don't even like mowing my own let alone my neighbours!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
why the hell would someone go round and randomly mow someone elses lawn. I don't even like mowing my own let alone my neighbours!
It's called being a nice neighbour ;)

I used to do this at our previous house, but then our front gardens were adjoining. I must admit, going into the garden without being invited is a little extreme though.

Personally, I'd just have a chat with them, and explain how proud of their garden they are and that, whilst they appreciate the effort, the neighbour should refrain in the future.

I know I would be mortified if one of my neighbours tried to wash my Mustang......but then they know me well enough not to even think about it :)

Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
It's called being a nice neighbour ;)

I used to do this at our previous house, but then our front gardens were adjoining. I must admit, going into the garden without being invited is a little extreme though.

Personally, I'd just have a chat with them, and explain how proud of their garden they are and that, whilst they appreciate the effort, the neighbour should refrain in the future.

I know I would be mortified if one of my neighbours tried to wash my Mustang......but then they know me well enough not to even think about it :)

Guy across the road sometimes mows my grass at the front. He's retired and likes to potter around with the petrol mower. He's never asked me but makes a good job of it though.

I would thank your neighbour for trying to help but explain to him what he's done and ask him not to do it again. As Flamesey put there's nothing worse than a feud believe me with have one of those type of neighbours here. And life's too short to give that much of a crap about the grass :)

Grass grows back quickly especially if helped with a little lawn feed and it's early on in the year so there's plenty of time for it to recover.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That's a bit odd to go into the back garden and mow the lawn?

Is there more at play and the neighbour knows how much they love their lawn and has done it to piss them off? or a genuine mistake / trying to be

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Or the Overclocker's way of taking a dump through their letter box :D
the 6g way is apparently to cut their lawn, yeah that'll show them bastards ;)

Sponsored

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
However although the neighbours intentions may have been friendly he has ruined their garden which they pride themselves on having a decent lawn.
I'm not sure I understand - are you saying the neighbor mowed their backyard (ie. just grass), or are you saying he mowed their backyard and in that yard was a garden (e.g. a vegetable garden or flower garden) which he also mowed over and destroyed?

If the former, and all the neighbor did was mow the grass in their backyard, then I truly don't understand what the big deal is. Wait a week and the grass will be long enough to mow again and this time they can do it "right."

If the latter, and the neighbor mowed over flowers/vegetables/etc in an actual garden, then I do not see how it could possibly be an accident unless the neighbor is senile. You don't accidentally mow over flower beds, or rows of tomato plants, thinking that you're helping your neighbor mow their yard. I'd go to the police over this.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Wow, that is random :confused:
A few drive-by's in the Stang in the early hours as payback maybe ;)
In reality, as others have said, its not worth starting a feud with a neighbour. It can just lead to a lifetime of unpleasantness.

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I was down the pub the other day, and I was shocked to see my mother in law lying in a pool of blood and beer being assaulted by 6 steel workers from the local foundry.

I just stood there and my friend nudged me and said "Aren't you going to help??!"

"No, 6 should be enough....."

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hi guys,

My mothering law has just phoned my wife in tears as whilst they were out, her neighbour invited himself round to mow their back garden, the gate was unlocked as they had a window cleaner earlier.

I know trespass is a criminal act as is negligently mowing a lawn under the trespass law, is it worth just talking it out with them or do you think she should go to the police and/or courts?
Everyone involved needs to have a bloody word with themselves! The police? Court?! For a mown lawn?! I would hope the first "official" this was presented to would laugh you out of the building. :crazy:

Should the neighbour have taken it upon himself to mow their lawn without being asked? No, but then it's not like he was up to no good, he thought he was helping out.

Mil should just ask him not to do it again. Rocket science this is not.

Unless of course there's a history there and the neighbour has deliberately made a dog's dinner of it for some reason...
Sponsored