MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The rear end is busy and the rear spoiler on the Z51 is curved and looks horrible. It’s not straight and looks weird . I wasn’t thrilled with the looks In those areas. You can order a 2021 for sticker. The used ones are still asking $15K over list price and more.
The exhaust tips are way to small.
The engine bay is hard to keep clean because of the vents on each side of the rear window. Water easily enters the engine bay along with pollen and dust.

9F7026EE-C962-4F80-90CF-0627E93E706C.jpeg

I don't think I realized just how curved the Z51 rear wing is until now (even checked out additional photos to compare ...). Yeah, that's a terrible design element - following the rear deck curve looks great, but it needs a straighter leading edge, and more surface area (I mean, I get this is probably proper aero vs. aesthetics).

So much going on, there's about 20 different geometrics, some overly stylized elements where they're trying to create a Corvette specific design from a common design language (ex: the taillights vs. the ZL1 ...)

I'm very lukewarm at best, modern Vettes I still prefer the C6, the C7 is a more mixed bag, some of the same issues, where they're trying too hard, and wind up with things being a bit disjointed.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the continued performance evolution of the Corvette, the Z06 is going to be spectacular, but man, there are some head scratchers coming out of the design department at GM.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
So I stop today at Westway Ford in Irving, TX. They have 2 in stock. $30k ADM .................... :cwl: I can't wait for both the C8 Z06 and the S650 to be released. I sincerely hope these dealers die with their GT 500's.
I was actually going to check them out tomorrow. They can get bent. Grapevine Ford too. Thanks for saving me the trip.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I'm sure you don't have the spinal issues I do. The seat itself is fine. It is the side bolsters that are an issue for me.
Sponsored