Sponsored

Of these 3 mods, which one would you do?

Blu_stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1, 2018 F150 FX4
Vehicle Showcase
You are in the United States of Murica so your money is going to be different.

Roush Phase 2 = 15k CDN (tax incl)
Installation = 2200 CDN (tax incl)

Limited Powertrain Warranty is good for 3 years and 36000 miles.

From my own research, Whipple is the better platform if you want to go 800+ rwhp and build a spaceship that does lightspeed. Roush is the better platform if you are content with 750 and a Ford-honored warranty.

I'm an older guy who doesn't want to go any bigger than 750. I got my GT500 without paying GT500 prices. That's enough for me.
Kuddos to that, thanks for the info.
Sponsored

Reactions: MCS

Blu_stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1, 2018 F150 FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Car is a gen3 manual.
Mods are Wheels & Tires, Longtubes without cats, xpipe and catback, aftermarket air intake using stock airbox + tune.
(No idea on RWHP yet, goes on the dyno this Friday to get some baseline numbers before I do one of the next 3 mods)

I have about 4k budget on my next performance mod. (a little more if needed)
On the mods I'm considering, I would have a shop do the install, so the money must cover parts & labor.

I'm considering these 3 options.

Option #1: I was thinking about the new CJ intake manifold + supporting mods/parts & tune.
Option #2: Cams, OPG, cam sprocket & tune.
Option #3: Nitrous kit & tune.

I'm assuming that 4-5k is enough to cover parts & labor on any of the 3 options.

Would the CJ intake +required supported mods make more than the cams?
And for 4k could you get a nice nitrous quality nitrous kit?

Basically I can't make up my mind, and I need to spend my money before my wife wants to buy something.
I have a 2020 manual. My mods are Roush CAI, catless long tube headers, full 3" exhaust with H-pipe and E85 tune from Lund Racing. I havent dyno'd the car since it was stock (426whp stock) but based on other people with similar mods I suspect Im somewhere around 480-490, maybe 500 on a good day. Besides numbers though, I can say the car feels strong, it sounds amazing and its an absolute blast to drive. I havent taken it to the drag strip, and Ive never raced from a dig, but I have had a few spirited runs on the highway vs some decent competition such as a GT350 on E85 with cat delete, a few 392 Challengers/Chargers with unknown mods and an SS Camaro with unknown mods. With the exception of the Shelby, I gapped all of the other cars, and against the GT350 I held my own and stayed with him. Anyway, I invested about $3000 in these mods and I felt like it was money well spent. I hear a lot of mixed opinions on Cobra Jet and cams but honestly for the amount of money those cost I would just spend a little more and go with boost. The only other N/A mod I am strongly considering is porting my manifold (about $300 from a reputable shop). Good luck, keep us posted!
Sponsored

Last edited: