Sponsored

Of these 3 mods, which one would you do?

TheShit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Car is a gen3 manual.
Mods are Wheels & Tires, Longtubes without cats, xpipe and catback, aftermarket air intake using stock airbox + tune.
(No idea on RWHP yet, goes on the dyno this Friday to get some baseline numbers before I do one of the next 3 mods)

I have about 4k budget on my next performance mod. (a little more if needed)
On the mods I'm considering, I would have a shop do the install, so the money must cover parts & labor.

I'm considering these 3 options.

Option #1: I was thinking about the new CJ intake manifold + supporting mods/parts & tune.
Option #2: Cams, OPG, cam sprocket & tune.
Option #3: Nitrous kit & tune.

I'm assuming that 4-5k is enough to cover parts & labor on any of the 3 options.

Would the CJ intake +required supported mods make more than the cams?
And for 4k could you get a nice nitrous quality nitrous kit?

Basically I can't make up my mind, and I need to spend my money before my wife wants to buy something.
Sponsored

mrbydangel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
How do you use the car most? Street, track, or drag? #1 and #2 are "always on" mods, whereas #3 is basically a "fun button" mod, which, at least to me, only ever seems useful for drag racing.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
To take advantage of the CJ I believe cams, ported heads would be among the supporting mods. Otherwise I do not believe the CJ would make much difference over the 18+ intake.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I've read that CAMS are expensive and won't give you the $ per HP compared to other mods. NOS is something that has a cost to refill the fun bottle...and it can lead to impressive engine failures, not to mention killing your warranty.

I'd go with option #1...or a variant of it.

CJ manifold (this is really overkill unless you do other supporting mods)
FP intake/tune
H or X pipe
FP or other CAT-back exhaust

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Sounds like you already have a good base to build on. I would look into an E85 / Cobra Jet Manifold or if you wanted to spend a little extra money look into a supercharger kit like a Whipple 3.0. I wouldn’t mess around with cams on these cars as they don’t give you much of a return in power. Please feel free to send me a message and I can answer any questions or get a quote going for you here from www.LethalPerformance.com!

OP
OP
TheShit

TheShit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Manual
Vehicle Showcase
How do you use the car most? Street, track, or drag? #1 and #2 are "always on" mods, whereas #3 is basically a "fun button" mod, which, at least to me, only ever seems useful for drag racing.
I daily drive it, they closed the drag strip in Memphis, so I won't be going to the drag strip as much for sure. But I do get out and have some fun

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I wouldn't do any of them and just go straight to FI.

OP
OP
TheShit

TheShit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to do that as well, but I have a serious itch to do something right now.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
This is the answer. I know you said about having a shop do the install... but some of these kits are REALLY easy to install. Might even be a forum member close by to lend a hand... Never know.

Some great deals new (hit up a forum sponsor privately) or even used.

IMHO this is the way to go...

OP
OP
TheShit

TheShit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Manual
Vehicle Showcase
This is the answer. I know you said about having a shop do the install... but some of these kits are REALLY easy to install. Might even be a forum member close by to lend a hand... Never know.

Some great deals new (hit up a forum sponsor privately) or even used.

IMHO this is the way to go...
I've thought about that a lot. but I personally won't do a supercharger without OPG and sprockets. Just too paranoid about those failing.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Low boost so you don't have to worry about opgs and call it a day. You'll make better power than any of your 3 options.

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Agree with most of the rest. Just use your money towards FI. You'll thank us later. Don't sweat OPG as much as you are. Plenty of us running on the stockers with boost and doing fine. 12PSI and 20,000 miles later i am OK.... Just don't be a Honda bro and banging it off the limiter.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Speaking as a guy who has owned his GT for a year now (wow, already?) and am presently in the shop getting the Roush kit installed I believe that a little patience goes a long way.

Saving for what you want and then going that route versus bolting something on, because you want it NOWWWWWWWWWW, only to want to go faster later on down the road is a big difference in financial investments.
Sponsored