Sponsored

OEM tires with 18-inch foundry wheels?

stretch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F150
Unless I just dreamed it, the original specification for the 18-inch "foundry" (5-spoke) wheels option included Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S tires. Recently, however, the photographs I have seen of actual cars delivered to customers with the foundry wheels appear to show Pirelli tires.

When did Ford make the change and why?
Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Unless I just dreamed it, the original specification for the 18-inch "foundry" (5-spoke) wheels option included Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric A/S tires. Recently, however, the photographs I have seen of actual cars delivered to customers with the foundry wheels appear to show Pirelli tires.

When did Ford make the change and why?
Have seen some with Goodyears and some with Pirelli`s. Not sure if they made a total switch and changed Vendors or had a temporary shortage. Awaiting my Base V6 Convertible with the 051A Package including the 18`` Wheels and Tires. Hope it comes with the Goodyears but prepared to except the inferior Pirelli`s. All S550 Mustangs with both 19`` and 20`` Wheels (all) come with Pirelli`s so it makes sense that they would slap on the same Brand tires for the 18`` Wheels too.

Sixer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
what I want to know is why they aren't supplying the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.
why build a car like the New Mustang and not install the best tires ?

JonEl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Magnetic Fastback
my base v6 with 051a package came with the goodyears

Sponsored

SuperSnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine (GT Premium) came with the Pirelli P Zero Nero All-Seasons.

I like them but am planning on aftermarket wheels.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I`m so tired of waiting, I`d accept my Vert with some knock-off Chinese Tires about now!

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
what I want to know is why they aren't supplying the Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.
why build a car like the New Mustang and not install the best tires ?
$$$$$

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The same reason they install as standard equipment a toy air inflator and a can of sealant gel that will clog your "TPS" and charge your an extra $295 for an emergency (donut) spare tire and jack with Option # 66W

Sponsored

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to Post for the record that I finally took Delivery of my 2015 Mustang Base V6 Convertible that I ordered on 9/2/14. I ordered it with the upgraded optional 051A Package, Spare Tire & Spoiler Delete. I was somewhat concerned that many Base V6`s with the 051A Package as well as most EB Coupes & Convertibles with 18`` Tires were being outfitted with a replacement OEM Tire on those 18`` Foundry Wheels. Ford must have run short of the specified Goodyear HP A/S Tires and switched to its primary Tire provider Pirelli which it uses the P Zero HP A/S Tires in both 19`` & 20` configuration. My Vehicle (did) come with my preferred choice of the Goodyears after all.

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I believe the GT gets the pirelli P Zero and the v6 and eco get goodyears

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your correct, but for a while all Base V6`s with 18`` Tires and Wheels with 051A Package as well as EB equipped with 18`` Tires and Wheels were coming from FRAP with Pirelli P Zero Tires, just like other configurations with both 19`` and 20`` Tires & Wheels.
Sponsored