Sponsored

OEM Supplies and Parts--best sources

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
This is kinda sorta like the parts sticky...but different.

There are often questions and comments about where to get basic OEM parts and supplies like oil, brakes, etc. Obviously, prices change over time, so it would be good to have a single thread that lists up to date deals, strictly for OEM parts and supplies. There is plenty of space dedicated to non-OEM.

As a start, I just ordered some things and thought others may benefit from the experience.

Warning—my experience is a little biased, because the choice of supplier is highly reliant upon their shipping policies—suppliers must be willing to ship via the US Postal Service. Although that seems simple, many businesses only ship via UPS and/or FEDEX, and some are actually confused when told that when sending military mail the ultimate destination does not matter. It’s normal US mail that the post office turns over to the military either in San Francisco (Pacific) or New York (Europe; Africa, and ME). It’s no different than sending a package from Missouri to Texas via U.S. mail…absolutely no different. So, the source selection below is biased by that:

Tires.
24 May: Ordered 2 x 295/35ZR-19 MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT and 2 x 305/35ZR-19 MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT from Tire Rack. Cost $1272.10 (+shipping). Received today (via USPS).

Oil. Motorcraft 5W50.
Optimum Performance is a great source, and their prices are hard to beat, especially if ordering more than one case. They bent over backwards to break down the packaging in a way that made normal postal shipping affordable. Their prices are on their website.

Amazon. Given the shipping situation, when ordering a single case (of 12) suppliers on Amazon have recently become competitive. $115.18—free shipping and prices are dropping as competition increases. Ordered 23 May; received 29 May. Perfectly packaged--additional box with padding around the original box.

Filters. I have not found anyone yet who can beat Rock Auto, even if ordered as part of a change kit (kit may be better option with different shipping situation). I order 3 at a time, and place a new order when I’m down to one on the shelf. Just ordered three more at $14.60 each. Total shipping was $5.99 (no tax). Didn’t order an air filter this time, but they offer those for a good price as well—again, only talking OEM.

Brakes—Autonation Bear Lake is a great source and ships APO/FPO without question. They are pros. However, either front or rear OEM brakes are currently on backorder (can’t remember which). So, I went with Tasca parts out of Rhode Island—result of a google search. About $5.00 more per set than at Bear Lake, but had them in stock and shipped the next day (day after Memorial Day). Seem like good folks. Ordered the Brake Cooling Vent for the Trans Cooler mod from them as well.

Trans Cooler with Bolts (not the kit)—Autonation Bear Lake. Awesome folks, as noted repeatedly by others--thanks for the tip!

Hope this bit of info helps and starts a price war among OEM suppliers that benefits us, the customers…
Sponsored