OEM Mustang Trunk Mat...

ACMEguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP 'M3162'
Can anyone offer any advice on how to 'relax' or flatten the trunk mat after removing it from the box it shipped in...? It came rolled up and is reluctant to lay flat in the trunk... Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I put my weathertech mat out in direct sun light for a few hours. and that brought it back to the molded shape. You might give that a try.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The boot liner turned up :sunglasses: It was part of the deal on the car and after messing around with it I’m kind of glad I didn’t have to pay for it ...

I have no idea why these come rolled up, but a bit of work with a hair dryer and some random stuff I could reach quickly soon had it flat again :

BB4-D2-C1-E-3-AE8-4-ED8-82-E4-E9172-AA3150-D.jpg

Matches the mats I will use in the back nicely (the mats are a much tougher material and far higher quality) :

CDA76-CE3-138-A-4180-8010-06-FBE35-F7889.jpg

Almost finished back there now :

23-C36-C28-7-D43-4-B95-B4-E1-2-D6-D6993-F378.jpg

WD :like:

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not completely behind the door … lol

I would hazard a guess that ten 2” thick tri wall flat boxes sized to fit the mat (to keep it flat) would take up less space than ten of the boxes that my mat turned up rolled up in (complete with the large void of fresh air down the middle of the rolled up mat).

Judging by the size box they sent my hood blanket in, I don’t think Ford put too much thought into the packaging of the spare parts … That box was about 18” wide about 24” longer than needed and about 12” taller than needed … :giggle:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I’m not completely behind the door … lol

I would hazard a guess that ten 2” thick tri wall flat boxes sized to fit the mat (to keep it flat) would take up less space than ten of the boxes that my mat turned up rolled up in (complete with the large void of fresh air down the middle of the rolled up mat).

Judging by the size box they sent my hood blanket in, I don’t think Ford put too much thought into the packaging of the spare parts … That box was about 18” wide about 24” longer than needed and about 12” taller than needed … :giggle:

What that box big enough for say a hood?
Shipping companies (looking at you fed-x and ups) tend to kill things in thin flat boxes.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not tall enough for a hood and way to wide.

I know the box wouldn’t be mustang specific, but I guess it would have been good for a rear bumper or similar (including loads of foam / polystyrene around the ends).

Even my parts guy at Ford couldn’t believe how big it was, he laughed when I told him on the phone I would drop the seats and put it in the back (of my Sportage).

It’s not even like ford bothered to pack it inside the box, it was in a plastic bag laying in one corner feeling sorry for itself … lol

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Leave it out in the sun for a bit or a room temp room and it will flatten out.

Heck if you're in a climate where exterior temps are still in the 80-90's, just throw the thing in the trunk and the interior temps of the car will make it flatten out...

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Heck if you're in a climate where exterior temps are still in the 80-90's, just throw the thing in the trunk and the interior temps of the car will make it flatten out...
This is what I did. It was 95 to 110 throughout the month of August down here, and it couldn't have taken more than a few days for the mat to flatten out in the trunk.

Sponsored

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
2 options you can try which I did and use for posters also. Lay it on the floor and place some weighted objects on it. Or to speed it up, roll it the other way and put it back in the box for a little.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Geeze .................. Give the op a break. It's already below freezing where he is. :rockon:
Sponsored