Sponsored

OEM GT350 cold air on 15-17 GT

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I picked up a JLT intake for my 2016 GT a few weeks ago. I haven’t been thrilled with the tuning aspect of it. Lund tells me this is to be expected with open element intakes and mine are actually dialed in better than most, but my fuel trims are still a bit goofy. That plus the elevated intake temps are making me consider selling the JLT altogether. (in case anyone is interested, hit me up. Its got about 300 miles on it).

I think the stock box is fugly and I'm wondering if the OEM GT350 intake will fit and (more importantly) function properly on a 2015-2017 GT. Does the intake tube have the proper vacuum connections, and will the airbox fit at all (I know the GT350 has a slightly different shape in the front end). Also, what size is the MAF housing? Would this pick up any power at all over the factory box?

Lots of questions I know. I've done some searching and can'ty seem to find anyone who has done this. Which leads me to believe it may not be a decent option but thought I'd ask for experience

Thanks
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I've got the mishimoto full enclosed system for sale in the classifieds. Literally same Iat's as stock, and looks really nice like it belongs. Lund tuned with it on and fuel trims and alcohol learn were spot on after revision(even tho it's not supposed to need a revision.).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Works great on my car...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have to run the GT350 TB if keeping the stock GT manifold?
I use mine with the stock GT TB. It's a looser fit but not enough to have issues with sealing/clamping.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've got an Airaid and a JLT and I'm still running the JLT. Ambient temperatures are fine when moving. I saw 140 once in a drive through on a 91 degree day. Car hasn't exploded.

My Airaid got hot in the summer too. The recovery time on the JLT is outstanding paired with the Velossatech. Not to mention it's nice and smooth and the MAF is dialed in excellent. Now if someone had a 120 mm closed box option with better MAF placement, I would consider changing. Closest is probably the 18 Roush but that's too pricey.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Your not going to get any different results between the JLT you currently have and an OEM GT350 intake. May as well take a hundred dollar bill out of your wallet and set it on fire.

What exactly is funky about the fuel trims? I have seen stock cars with fuel trims not even spot on. There are many variables to the trims. People get way to caught up in the fuel trims, just like they do IAT's on a N/A car.
Sponsored