Sponsored

OEM Ford accessories: Lighted sill plates UPDATE: Installed

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
yup, just got mine sills and foot lighting installed wired them up at the same time, 1.5 hours taking my time.
waiting till dark to take a pic.
IMG_1435.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
OK so I found a set of take offs and the part number for the take offs is the same as the ones in the kit the OP listed FR3Z-63132A08-AA. So can I assume these are the same part numbers from the ones that are in the MyColor cars? The ones I found from the photo have a 4 wire set up. Is it safe to say these are MyColor sill plates? I have a premium model with the 50AP so it deletes the lighted sills, but MyColor still works for all the rest of the stuff. Anybody got these running MyColor yet that can help with the wires to tap into for MyColor to work? I have looked in threads but have found nothing specific to wiring for MyColor.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
OK so I found a set of take offs and the part number for the take offs is the same as the ones in the kit the OP listed FR3Z-63132A08-AA. So can I assume these are the same part numbers from the ones that are in the MyColor cars? The ones I found from the photo have a 4 wire set up. Is it safe to say these are MyColor sill plates? I have a premium model with the 50AP so it deletes the lighted sills, but MyColor still works for all the rest of the stuff. Anybody got these running MyColor yet that can help with the wires to tap into for MyColor to work? I have looked in threads but have found nothing specific to wiring for MyColor.

If you have the 4 wire setup, Red, Green, Blue, and Black, then it is safe to say you have the my color lighted door sills.

If you have the premium, the wire harness should be ready to plug into. As noted before, the wire harness is plug and play, but no power is to that system.

You will need to access the As Built Data and change a setting in order for them to work. Review the information in this section of the forum to unlock the My Color feature for the lighted door sills. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

There is also a wealth of information available here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20596

I too have the 50th Anniv Appearance Package and was able to make mine lighted with My Color.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the 4 wire setup, Red, Green, Blue, and Black, then it is safe to say you have the my color lighted door sills.

If you have the premium, the wire harness should be ready to plug into. As noted before, the wire harness is plug and play, but no power is to that system.

You will need to access the As Built Data and change a setting in order for them to work. Review the information in this section of the forum to unlock the My Color feature for the lighted door sills. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

There is also a wealth of information available here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20596

I too have the 50th Anniv Appearance Package and was able to make mine lighted with My Color.
Awesome!!! I have been searching everywhere to find someone to confirm it. Thanks man! Hope you dont mind if I hit ya up and pester you if I get lost.

Sponsored

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I will answer what I can

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As an FYI....
To get "white" lighting you need to combine the 3 positives and ground the last wire...

I have a base GT/PP and wanted them white to match my dash. after testing, one of the end wires is the ground, the other 3 create the white color when combined.

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Who sells just the wiring harness? I know this thread is dead but i didn't want to start a new topic. I looked at blue ovals wiring and it all looks like regular wiring and taps and not the female part the sill plate plugs into like just a hack and butt connect kit and it was $130. So thank to anyone who's still subscribed for helping me out ahead of time.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
No one that I know of ... you would have to buy the plugs and terminals to mate with the sill plates and make your own harness.

I planned on doing this because my 2011 had them, so I bought a pair of take-offs before I took delivery of my car then did some research and found where to buy the plugs and terminals. I was going to do the ambient lighting kit too along with the factory type lighted cup holder.

After driving it for a while, I realized I really did not miss these features or care enough go though the effort and install them or waste $$ on the ambient lighting stuff and have to install that too.

Doug

Kasavias

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Who sells just the wiring harness? I know this thread is dead but i didn't want to start a new topic. I looked at blue ovals wiring and it all looks like regular wiring and taps and not the female part the sill plate plugs into like just a hack and butt connect kit and it was $130. So thank to anyone who's still subscribed for helping me out ahead of time.
Even if you have absolutely no electrical tools or equipment, you can pick up everything you need for under $30: 30-40 feet of wire, wire strippers, heat shrinks and/or butt connectors, and terminals (can be a spade or stud terminal, as long as it fits.) You can use any number of connectors, but things like tap splices can get expensive. There are only a few additional steps you'd need to take versus that harness, and I'll be thorough at the expense of making it sound complicated (it's not.)

You'll need to determine which wires connected to the sill plate are for red, blue, or green lighting and which is the ground. Snip off the connector, strip the wires, and use a 9V battery to trial and error which is which and figure out which colour you like the most. When you find the ground, you can mix and match the remaining wires to find a colour you like (teal, magenta, yellow, or white) if you aren't feeling red, blue, or green.

From that point, it's just heat shrinking each side's ground to a length of wire, heat shrinking each side's chosen colour combo to another length of wire, routing the driver's side under the dash to the passenger side, then pairing up the powered wires with each other and the ground wires with each other. Pair the ground wires together (stripped sides pointing the same direction) and heat shrink those to another wire that will lead to the kick panel junction box area, connecting the end of the newest wire to a terminal.
Heat shrink the two powered wires together with another length of wire in the same way as the ground wires and then you're at the same point of having that harness for 30 minutes of work and $100 less.

While the text is lengthy, setting this up is not. The hardest part will honestly be routing the two wires under the dash and getting enough slack in the grey/pink wire to splice in the powered wires. If you choose to go this way, don't hesitate to send me a PM and I'll clear up what I can and draw up some diagrams for you.

Sponsored

Jungles82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt base pp
Yea I can make my own harness I just thought maybe I could find the plugs and pin the connector with whatever wiring so its a plug and play thing the connectors on the sill plate are too small for a spade connector or anything like that i might just go get the connector and pins from ford so it doesn't looked hacked together my car has 4000 miles and i didn't wanna start just putting stuff together and want to make it look factory

Delphiexec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Magnetic 6 Speed
2018 301A with MyColor

I've read/searched all of the forums and web, but haven't found an answer.

I ordered a 2018 GT with the 301A package that includes MyColor. I was curious if anyone knows if the wiring for the illuminated door sills will be there since the package has MyColor (but not the illuminated door sills). All of the previous comments I found were for 2015 to 2017s in which only the Premium had MyColor, so unfortunately does not answer my question.

Along the same line, can anyone recommend a site with the wiring diagrams for 2018. Many of the other threads I've been reading for audio upgrades have diagrams, but would appreciate a site with all of the diagrams.

Thanks in advance.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Yea I can make my own harness I just thought maybe I could find the plugs and pin the connector with whatever wiring so its a plug and play thing the connectors on the sill plate are too small for a spade connector or anything like that i might just go get the connector and pins from ford so it doesn't looked hacked together my car has 4000 miles and i didn't wanna start just putting stuff together and want to make it look factory
I know this thread is really old, but I'm curious if you ever got these sill plates installed - if so did you do your own harness or end up finding the part somewhere?

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you fellas! Bought take offs a year and half ago and when installing noticed no wiring in my base GT... Blue Oval use to sell the harness but it has not been in stock for over a year... I was able to wire them after reading this thread ;-)

IMG_20200924_191052043.jpg

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Thank you fellas! Bought take offs a year and half ago and when installing noticed no wiring in my base GT... Blue Oval use to sell the harness but it has not been in stock for over a year... I was able to wire them after reading this thread ;-)

IMG_20200924_191052043.jpg

I did the same thing a couple weeks ago! I bought the harness parts mentioned here from mouser.com and wired it up. The worst part was passing the wiring under the dash.... To be honest it would have been easier removing the drivers seat.

34B556B5-0D74-44A1-9488-BB20FF32636A.jpeg
Sponsored